Andrew Charles Pope
Andrew has led a team of world-class engineers from Amazon, Palantir, Google, and Facebook to build workflow tools for VC firms in Silicon Valley. As a product director, he oversaw a social network that reached the top communication position on Google Play with 10 million MAU. Andrew has over a decade of international product management experience across fintech, social, transportation, and video games—leading product teams from seed to IPO.
ExpertiseAgileAnalyticsConsumer ProductsDesignEnterprise SaaSRemote Team LeadershipStartupsTechnical Leadership
- Owned product for an Ethereum blockchain-based loyalty iOS/Android application (developed for Emaar), spanning retail, hospitality, and real estate integrations, and brought the product from ideation to launch.
- Launched the world’s first ‘tokenized securities exchange’ (DSTOQ) on iOS and Android, using the Stellar Lumens blockchain network for order fulfillment resulting in a $750k seed funding investment from Stellar.
- Led a team of eight (remote Agile squad of developers, designers, and QA remotely across multiple time zones).
- Launched a venture capital deal-making workflow from ideation to acquiring the first enterprise client (VC Firm, $XXMM).
- Implemented an agile process for teams working across a suite of products for VC (venture capital) firms: data rooms, doc parsing, e-signatures, workflows, deal analytics, and insights, resulting in +XX% in bi-weekly successful deployments.
- Managed a team of six (product experts, product operations, and legal analysts).
- Led design sprints. Designed two competing versions of a core feature, and ran multivariate tests to decide the winner. The feature went on to become the core feature of the app substantially increasing average session duration.
- Responsible for the product roadmap during growth and monetization stages.
- Within 18 months had approximately 10% of Myanmar’s online population signed up on the app. Had X00,000+ daily active users.
- Tripled average session duration by releasing a public feed split by communities.
- Spotted (through data queries) a downtrend in sign up success. Ran street-usability testing to discover flaws in sign-up. After fixing the issue, signup success increased +45%.
- Promoted from product manager to product director to manage a team of six (PMs, designers, and QA).
- Worked as a product lead to the first IPO for a Myanmar focused tech company.
- Developed a physics game engine; including a smooth slope detection for Bézier curves.
- Acquired game advertising sponsorships ranging from: $1,500 to $30,000.
- Accepted into SFU Venture Connect incubator and Bootup Labs Vancouver.
Securities Blockchain Exchange
Built and launched the first securities to cryptocurrency exchange running on the Stellar Network in a 2-month timeframe.
• Built the onboarding flow: 2FA, KYC and Anti-Money Laundering checks, and seed phrase encryption.
• Designing the trading interface with daily volume charts, 24% change in asset prices, book sales (buying, selling, ordering), and a digital wallet.
• Launched simultaneously on iOS and Android.
Led the development of the first enterprise suite of tools built for Venture Capital deals.
• Built an analytics dashboard to provide insights: time spent in various parts of the deal, key terms used, and actions taken by which individuals. Provided tips and optimizations to progress the transaction.
• Designed a Slack-like chat system for communication amongst financing and legal teams.
Led the product development to reach 10 million MAU, monetized the platform, and applied machine learning to filter content.
• Implemented machine learning (vision) to our feed of photo to tag and monitor uploads. Helped fight fake news, dangerous content, and prevent hackers from abusing the network.
• Designed the user interface and built testable high-fidelity prototypes.
• Integrated an advertising panel with our feed to provide 3rd party businesses with targeted advertising tools.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Interactive Arts and Technology
Simon Fraser University - Burnaby, Canada
Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)