Verified Expert in Product Management
Siva is an experienced and versatile technical product manager with an engineering degree and an MBA. In the last 10 years, Siva has gained expertise in cloud-native product development in B2B and B2B2C environments, product ops, product strategy, and user experience. He is an avid practitioner of Scrum and Kanban, a patron of DevOps-powered microservice architectures, and an expert in experiment-driven product design and development through A/B tests, feature flags, and canary releases.
Senior Product Manager for B2B2C IoT Platform for Home Energy Management
- Led the MVP of E.ON See (the firm’s first-ever large-scale consumer IoT product) from design, development, and release to thousands of customers in the UK, complying with all regulatory requirements on budget under a tight timeline of six months.
- Led E.ON's Home (Red Dot Design Award-winning multi-tenant B2B2C IoT-platform for home energy management) - from ideation, vision definition, business modeling, prototyping, design, and development through to roll-out in E.ON's regional units.
- Set up from scratch and managed the 30+ sized product team comprising of UI and UX designers, software developers, software testers, hardware testers, and cloud architects behind E.ON See and E.ON Home.
- Held budget responsibility for over €3 million, and worked closely with procurement in the selection and management of external suppliers.
- Defined the product road-map, owned the product backlog, led user research, user interface design, agile product development, and quality assurance. Defined and monitored product experiments.
- Worked together with the engineering team in breaking down business requirements into technical tasks, estimated and tracked their implementation, and signed-off continual architectural and infrastructural decisions.
- Evangelized the product in trade shows and conferences.
ATOSS Software AG
- Played a key role in the complete UX revamp of the core product across web and mobile platforms.
- Served as product owner of all reporting functionalities of the product.
- Formalized design thinking processes within the organization.
- Served as the key interface between technology, sales, and marketing departments of the organization.
- Delivered consulting services on the topic of innovation in transaction advisory services.
- Carried out academic research and interviewed C-level executives across industries.
- Drove organizational change within Accuracy's international branches.
- Composed, arranged, recorded, mixed, and mastered music for independent artists.
- Produced scores for video games and films.
- Produced music content for teasers and promotional videos.
- Positioned the firm as a thought-leader on SaaS amongst other outsourced product development companies, attracting software vendors wishing to migrate to SaaS model.
- Served as campaign manager for three of the firm's twelve service offerings.
- Eliminated 80% efforts in webinar delivery and doubled audience engagement.
Senior Software Engineer
- Awarded "Innovator of the Year 2010" by the CEO for the conception, design, and development of Aspire's proprietary software platform that cuts time-to-market of new software products by at least 3 months.
- Led local and distributed software-development teams for large corporations, small businesses, and startups as clients.
- Trained new software developers joining the organization.
Smart Home Solution for Renewable Energy Aficionadoshttps://www.eon.de/de/pk/solar/photovoltaik-loesungen.html
Led product strategy, design, and development of E.ON Home, an IoT solution that won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award, as an add-on for millions of E.ON's existing residential customers.
Fitbit for Energy Savings
Led the design, development, and testing of E.ON See, launching it to thousands of smart meter customers in six months' time.
To bring this product to life, I led a multi-competent product team distributed across five cities in Germany and the UK. Also, I led the supplier selection process, worked with internal stakeholders in the procurement, sales, marketing, installation, support, and data science teams.
E.ON is one of the world's largest energy companies and is headquartered in Essen, Germany.
Reporting Platform for Workforce Management Professionalshttps://www.atoss.com/en-gb/solutions/atoss-staff-efficiency-suite
Led product design and the development of the reporting module available for all workforce management solutions from ATOSS.
Led design sprints with users and internal stakeholders such as UX professionals, software developers, and domain experts, prepared a prioritized backlog of user stories, and managed their development and release.
Cloud-based Management Information System for Mobile Clinics
Led the development and launch of a management information system for a local eye hospital, reducing cost-per-inpatient by 5%.
Although the diagnosis itself was carried out via the internet, the end-to-end process of capturing and transferring patient data was paper-based, error-prone, and costly.
Leading a team of IT consultants and software developers, we joined the members of the mobile clinic on eye camps, captured software requirements on-site, developed a web- and cloud-based management information system that ran on hand-held devices, and trained the staff on its usage.
Following the commissioning of the MIS, data errors were reduced almost entirely, leading to year-on-year inpatient cost savings of roughly 5%.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Mannheim Business School - Mannheim, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Pondicherry Engineering College - Pondicherry, India
DELF A2 (Diplôme d'études en langue française)
La Commission nationale du DELF et du DALF
Business English Certificate Higher
University of Cambridge
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring