Chief Operating Officer (COO)2021 - 2022Paradise Media
- Created, implemented, and embedded a scalable and highly efficient HR operating model from scratch within six months. Benefits:. - Increased hiring by 1500%, averaging two to 30 people per month. - Significantly reduced operational cost and risk.
- Grew the business from 80 to 140 people within six months.
- Saved the business over $400,000 per annum within nine months through contract negotiations, closing tax liabilities, and process efficiencies.
- Managed coaches and mentored operations, HR, and diverse teams: technology, design, project managers, and affiliate management.
- Co-led the sale of and managed strategic partnerships with a multi-million dollar potential.
- Led the acquisition, transition, and management of a major US newspaper company with the CEO. Together, turning around the reputation and profitability of the company within six months.
- Oversaw all operations run by 140 people across 15 departments and 25 countries remotely.
- Undertook key CFO and Chief of Staff activities, including strategic talent and financial management.
- Established and directed tactical focus and collaboration groups for design, affiliate management, and human resources leading to a significant increase in productivity, efficiencies, and value.
Program Director2019 - 2020Hyperion X
- Directed the delivery of digital marketplaces in line with the future of Lloyd’s strategic blueprint.
- Led a team of 40 professionals in various project stages to deliver 10 products and $100 million in revenue.
- Designed and implemented a bespoke cost model, yielding significant improvements to transparency and control over profit, loss, and CAPEX/OPEX spending against budgets.
- Coordinated technical and business needs with third-party teams, stakeholders, and C-suite clients.
- Developed and rolled out key delivery frameworks to shape scalable business growth within a startup culture.
- Prepared and presented key reports and project updates to clients, executives, and key decision-makers.
- Managed key internal and external client relationships, ensuring the continued support and business growth.
- Prioritized technologies, commercial considerations, and investment deliverables for clients.
- Drove thought leadership to enable rapid delivery at scale through the use of APIs and microservices.
Product Portfolio Manager2018 - 2019Hyperion X
- Managed a team of product owners to deliver digital insurance products across Spain, Germany, UAE, and the UK.
- Reported directly to the CEO, providing regular project updates on key deliverables.
- Managed a team of 20 onshore and offshore resources and third-party vendors on various projects.
- Partnered with the CDO and CEO to prioritize future demands in line with the company’s strategic vision.
- Designed and led the implementation of various hybrid Agile processes to streamline delivery.
Senior Project Manager2017 - 2018Deutsche Bank
- Designed and rolled out a new client risk rating (CRR) framework.
- Fostered collaboration between 30 senior business, technology, compliance, legal stakeholders, and SMEs to support the development of the CRR design across seven countries.
- Slashed the expected volume of false high-risk client cases by 30%, leading to a significant annual cost saving.
- Optimized AFC resource allocation and utilization to manage 45 million initial and ongoing client reviews.
Compliance Specialist2016 - 2017Credit Suisse
- Supported the MLRO through a group of directors, covering private, commercial, and investment elements.
- Introduced risk appetite statements (RAS) and key performance indicators (KPI), using best practices.
- Increased AFC control by enhancing elements of the AML framework and target operating model (TOM).
Senior Project Manager2016 - 2016The Post Office
- Led a strategic network transformation initiative to drive higher profitability through process improvement.
- Set up and managed a £700,000 project to achieve a potential £60 million cost savings.
- Led a team of seven, working closely with senior business directors and other strategic programs.
- Integrated Agile concepts within a waterfall environment, enabling significant program progress.
- Delivered £8 million through recommendations within historical business cases identified as quick wins.
Project Management/Governance Specialist2015 - 2015Deutsche Bank
- Reduced project costs by 40% and information discrepancies by 30% by improving program governance, change control, and management reporting across the entire portfolio.
- Ran focus groups with Senior stakeholders to identify appropriate, "fit for purpose" solutions in line with the business’ target state model and objectives.
- Prioritized remediation activities to close governance and PMO maturity gaps within agreed time and cost.
Scrum Master2014 - 2014Ernst & Young
- Coached the client in Agile delivery, estimated techniques, adaptive planning, and self-organizing teams.
- Improved performance of five sprint teams by 30% through continuous improvement strategy integration.
- Managed 14 resources across two sprint teams consisting of technical and business resources and senior clients.
Project Manager2014 - 2014Natwest Bank
- Streamlined onboarding and customer due diligence operations for the business's first line of defense.
- Enhanced AML framework by evaluating the "as-is" state, creating the "to-be" TOM, and executing the roadmap.
- Drove improvements to change management processes, reducing the request to approval time by 25%.
Program Manager2014 - 2014Barclays Wealth
- Rescued the original £4.2 million budget and timescales for a major technology integration program.
- Streamlined core legacy retail back and middle office technologies onto a strategic platform.
- Managed the program plan, including all risks, issues, and dependencies across eight projects.
Program Governance Manager2013 - 2013Ernst & Young
- Managed the $40 million strategic global audit transformation program.
- Streamlined and integrated critical audit systems across three countries onto a single platform.
- Slashed operational overhead by 25% by improving and streamlining project processes.
- Reduced reporting discrepancies by 30% by combining governance frameworks.
- Achieved £240,000 per year cost-reduction by outsourcing and offshoring administrative PMO activities.
Program Manager2012 - 2013Natwest Bank
- Managed test/live environments for 250+ banking applications for the high-profile Verde program.
- Directed 14 technology teams, 50 resources, covering IT infrastructure, application, testing teams, and external vendors using a detailed MS Project plan to manage the critical path.
- Directed a team of six PMOs located across the UK and India to support three core projects to the value of $40 million.