Senior Project Manager, Agile Coach, Scrum Master2019 - PRESENTToptal Projects
- Hired as the agile project manager of a global team for the design and development (including DevOps) of product that allows high net worth individuals to build and optimize investment portfolios using machine learning. Investment models utilize machine learning to analyze financial and market data streams to identify optimal portfolio constituents to achieve investor objectives (Angular, Python, TensorFlow, Postgres, Google Cloud Platform).
- Served as the project manager, product manager, agile coach, and scrum master for the development of a financial data services platform (global team). Projects included data sourcing methods and controls, design and implementation of the data services platform, refactoring an investor mobile app, building widgets for third-party investor relations portals, DevOps implementation, and creation of data services for financial sector data consumers (Swift, Java, Kotlin, React, Postgres, Framework7, Scala, ArangoDB, Docker, Google Cloud Platform).
- Acted as the project manager and scrum master for development of ATM and branch locator service (REST API) for large American bank holding company and financial services corporation. Locator service conforms to the JSON API standard and provides search features to locate branches and ATMs using an address, proximity, lat-long, and branch features (Open JDK, Spring Boot, Docker).
Executive Consultant2016 - PRESENTAlakai Solutions, LLC
- Provided strategic go-to-market leadership, agile coaching, and agile project and DevOps management of the product team and an outsourced international development team (product/project manager, scrum master). The cloud-hosted SaaS business modeling product launched in May of 2019.
- Provided technical leadership in selecting a new hosting platform and hybrid offshore development vendor for custom home builder coop portal solution. Led agile transformation initiative as an agile coach to implement agile processes for platform renovation and business transformation.
- Served as a member of the board and chair of technology committee for privately funded online builder-supplier eCommerce venture.
Executive Consultant2013 - PRESENTNewbold Advisors, LLC
- Performed an IT service delivery assessment to identify opportunities and recommendations to improve client demand management, stakeholder engagement, and service quality. Integrated findings into recommendations for metrics and key performance indicators for inclusion in an executive-level monthly business report.
- Worked with the technology leadership team to create a comprehensive strategic plan and roadmap in support of its wholesale banking and mortgage sub-servicing business. Implemented program/project portfolio management framework and tool (Innotas) to facilitate portfolio management, resource management, and status reporting on roadmap execution. Established standardized tracking and reporting processes for internal leadership as well as external government regulators.
- Provided technology leadership team with a change management plan and target state design to restructure its organization and operational service delivery processes necessary to drive the transformation of its technology platform and effectively respond to market demands and rapidly increasing business volume.
- Provided virtual CIO/CTO/CISO technology leadership for start-up venture providing oversight and guidance for IT strategy and planning, systems and software architecture, technology selection, information security, and program management.
- Worked with health insurance operation team for claims and membership processing to analyze business processes, create a SWOT analysis, and provide observations and recommendations for process improvements and organizational redesign necessary to improve quality, performance, and manage complexity.
Vice President for Enterprise Architecture2010 - 2013Fannie Mae
- Established enterprise architecture organization of 145 people with an annual operating budget of $24 million to drive target state architectures, technology standards, application rationalization, and IT roadmaps.
- Remediated regulatory finding (FHFA MRA) for enterprise architecture deficiencies in less than 12 months.
- Secured $20 million of strategic funding to build centers of excellence for (5) enterprise shared platforms: business process management (IBM Lombardi); business rules management (ILOG JRules); service-oriented architectures (TIBCO); enterprise architecture (MEGA), and reconciliation (FISERV Frontier).
- Established portfolio rationalization framework for applications and technology across the enterprise to prioritize investments, reduce costs, and drive architecture alignment saving $15 million over 3 years.
- Drove technical enterprise program governance to provide project assessments, enforce prescriptive guidance, evaluate technology construction permit criteria, and drive technology mandates.
- Briefed board of directors, senior executives, and regulators on portfolio rationalization, target state architecture, and infrastructure complexity.
CTO and Vice President of Technology Services2005 - 2010InterImage, Inc.
- Transformed technology organization from low margin tech staffing business with $100-300,000 projects into enterprise solutions provider with multimillion-dollar projects.
- Grew backlog from $8 million to more than $75 million through successful technical proposals, competitive pricing, and successful program execution – on schedule, in scope, at or above target margins.
- Improved profitability, increased annual revenue by 300% and managed a 34-member technology team across 5 concurrent programs.
- Created vision, strategy, and tactics to align capabilities with current and future business opportunities.
- Determined optimal software and systems engineering processes to mitigate risk, speed development, and minimize time-to-value for solution delivery as well as obtain CMMI Level 2 certification.
- Marketed capabilities through technical presentations at conferences and leadership in technical user communities.
Senior Manager2004 - 2005CACI, Inc.
- Led software development process integration for joint acquisition of AMS by CACI and CGI. Implemented Rational Unified Process based tools, asset repositories, processes, end user training, and software development standards for team of 250+ developers supporting 3 GOTS products.
Vice President of Technology2002 - 2004Chelsea Interactive, Inc.
- Rescued launch of $60 million multi-vendor eCommerce platform for Polo.com, Timberland.com, Maidenform.com, Elisabeth.com, ColeHaan.com, Ulta.com, Intershoe.com, and LizLange.com.
- Restructured and led software engineering, operations, and QA teams to improve service delivery, reduce costs, manage vendors and generate $40 million in annual sales.
- Drove maintenance and enhancement of technology platform consisting of 15 production Broad Vision 6.0 application servers utilizing Oracle 9i RAC database servers.
Senior Scientist2002 - 2002CACI Technologies, Inc.
- Developed J2SE Swing object models and class libraries (JDK 1.3) to expedite development of application helper tools for electronic countermeasures (SIGINT) project.
Chief Technical Architect2000 - 2002Digex, Inc.
- Led 6-member enterprise integration team with $2.1 million annual budget in the design and development of an enterprise application integration framework (webMethods) for Siebel, PeopleSoft, Clarify, Remedy, Infranet, and numerous custom applications (acquired by WorldCom).
Director of Application Development1999 - 2000Clara Vista/CMGI Solutions Inc.
- Won bid for $2.4 million project to lead 10-member team in design, development, and deployment of a cyber threat KBMS, workflow, and alerting system (ATG Dynamo Application Server, JHTML, Oracle 8i RAC) for startup venture (acquired by Symantec).
Deputy Director of Information Technology1998 - 1999Mail2000, Inc.
- Led 15-member IT team with $2.0 million budget in IT operations and infrastructure management for startup venture specializing in the optimal delivery of 1st class mail using a distributed computing architecture (acquired by UPS).
Principal Associate, Senior Software Engineer1985 - 1999CACI, Inc. – Federal
- Provided technology innovation and thought leadership that transformed bleeding edge technology concepts into successful and profitable projects totaling more than $30 million in revenue.
- Served as chief architect and technical lead for design, development, and deployment of 17 production applications. Provided tooling and process integration for Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, and SQA Suite to enable the first CMM Level 3 certification for the firm.
- Led 10-member project team in the design and delivery of the global status of resources and training system (enhanced) input tool (GSORTS-E) for the joint chiefs of staff. A Sybase Jaguar Component Transaction Server application used for military readiness reporting worldwide.