Mobile Program Manager2018 - PRESENTDDS Wireless International Inc
- Served as the program manager for four teams with over 25 developers, testers, and DevOps that developed a ParaTransit solution consisting of driver and rider mobile applications integrated with server/web applications deployed in the AWS Cloud.
- Acted as scrum master for driver and rider mobile application teams.
- Worked closely with CTO and product managers in release planning and program execution.
- Collaborated with customer-facing project management, DevOps, and support teams to plan and execute contract delivery.
- Managed projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Served as program manager for the initial beta release of companies MVP offering of their ParaTransit solution containing server-based booking, scheduling, dispatch, and vehicle management modules for scheduling and managing customer trips, a mobile driver application and hardware for executing routes, and a mobile rider application for booking trips.
- Acted as the program manager for the development of customized ParaTransit solution for the New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA) to support their Access-a-Ride service. The $52 million contract is for the deployment of booking, scheduling, dispatch, and vehicle management modules, and deployment of mobile driver application/hardware to over 2,000 vehicles.
Lean Agile Project Manager2017 - 2018Global Relay Communications Inc
- Served as the project manager/scrum master of two teams with over 30 developers, testers, and DevOps personnel.
- Liaised with product managers and program management in a Scrum of Scrums setting regarding product roadmaps, release planning, requirements/stories, and project execution.
- Collaborated with release management, DevOps, IT-OPS, and support teams to plan and execute deployment and post-release support.
- Managed projects using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Led the teams that developed the service manager, WORM, SBS, CUPS, FA, and DSS applications as part of the cloud-based global relay archive solution.
Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master2015 - 2016PNI Digital Media
- Led up to three concurrent teams/projects containing as many as 20 developers, testers, and BAs.
- Oversaw development of eCommerce websites and mobile applications for major retailers that create custom business cards, cards and invitations, stamps, photo gifts, photo books, signs, banners, prints, and posters.
- Liaised with creative and marketing teams regarding site/application design and content.
- Collaborated with vendors and internal product setup and order processing teams to set up products and ensure that order processing and output functioned correctly.
- Managed all phases of the project using a mix of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Managed multiple iOS and Android mobile photo application releases for Costco and Tesco, initial and numerous releases of the Staples Copy & Print website (http://design.staples.com), a mobile responsiveness site update for Sam’s Club Photo website (http://photo.samsclub.com) which increased mobile conversion rates by 5% and revenue by 20%, and a Media Clip site update for Tesco Photo website (http://www.tescophoto.com).
Scrum Master (contract)2015 - 2015Safeway
- Led a team of four developers and two testers as a scrum master to develop a discount offer management system that integrated with the store point of sale systems and other upstream systems.
- Managed bi-weekly sprints (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint planning and retrospective meetings, etc.), developed and groomed product backlog.
- Contributed as a business systems analyst to write requirements documents for requested changes to our 3rd party vendor system.
- Successfully delivered four bi-monthly releases containing new features for our offer management system.
- Collaborated with business and development to build an in house replacement offer management system.
- Supported merger activities as needed with feasibility analysis and feature development.
Project Manager (contract)2014 - 2014HSBC
- Managed teams of up to ten developers, testers, and business analysts in executing functionality improvement projects that were part of the bank’s overall HSBCnet web and mobile program, working on up to six projects concurrently.
- Oversaw project scope, timelines, and budgeting, and coordinated international teams to meet stakeholder objectives.
- Finalized a project to add Canadian French and Chinese language NLS tags to seven applications across HSBCnet.
- Completed a project to make payment-related application changes to show terms and conditions and to collect a purpose of payment code to meet updated regulations in the Malaysian market.
- Led a team of six people in a project to migrate customer data and write scripts and application changes to prevent customers in Kazakhstan accessing the service following HSBC’s sale of all its assets in the country.
IT Project Senior Consultant/Scrum Master2011 - 2014SAP
- Led a team of 14 locally and remotely based IT specialists in retiring intranet outdated functionality that represented a downtime risk valued at €30 million.
- Drove pre-project consulting, managed budgets and timelines, and spearheaded the migration of several key functionalities, successfully retiring the distribution list management tool and 14 (out of 23) workflows.
- Managed a team of nine local and remote employees in an identity management upgrade project designed to increase performance, stability, and functionality by migrating to SAP Netweaver 7.2.
- Oversaw scope, timelines, and budget forecasts, as well as delivering status updates and addressing risks and requirement changes.
- Served as the scrum master in the team’s transition from monthly iterative releases to Agile. Led sprint planning, sprint demo, and sprint retrospective meetings.
Senior Project Manager2006 - 2011AeroInfo Systems, A Boeing Company
- Directed application development of Situational Awareness and Performance Metrics components as part of Boeing's GoldCare cloud-based SaaS offering.
- Built and mentored strong project teams while establishing strengthened relationships with clients, resulting in increased business revenue (doubled purchase order dollar amount yearly) and first-class customer satisfaction ratings.
- Managed yearly budgets reaching $4 million per year.
- Oversaw multiple releases of Situational Awareness, a web-based dashboard that displays real-time flight and maintenance event data which enabled operations and planning staff to predict and deal with maintenance and flight issues.
- Managed multiple releases of Performance Metrics, a web-based business intelligence application that hosted dashboards and detailed reports relating to flight performance, GoldCare and MRO maintenance performance, and parts usage and reliability.
Software Developer Leader2001 - 2006AeroInfo Systems, A Boeing Company
- Project-managed and led the development of the Maintenance Engineering Management 2.7.0 project, adding new functionality to a suite of applications with a team of six developers, three testers, and a business analyst.
- Led architecture and application development and integration on Sustainment Data System project, developing, implementing, and deploying several releases for the C-17 program.
- Served as on-site Project Manager and Project Engineer on the Royal Brunei Airlines deployment project with partners Boeing, Mxi, and Ramco Systems. Oversaw all aspects of deploying the AeroInfo piece of the Boeing system.
- Contributed to successful scoping of deployment projects for companies such as China Airlines, and Qantas Airways.
- Managed a 9-month project to implement new features in the company's flagship product. Increased product stability and quality by introducing improved QA and automated build and install processes. Improved the software development process in the areas of change control, risk management, build, and release management.
Software Developer Team Lead /Software Developer1998 - 2001eCharge Corporation
- Defined requirements and designed/developed components of patented internet payment system products.
- Led a team of eight developers in the ongoing development of product features and upgrades.
- Worked with major partners such as Cable & Wireless, Telia, Deutsche Telekom, and AOL.
- Directed onsite deployment and support projects and developed service level agreements and merchant onboarding processes.