Verified Expert in Project Management
As an IT strategic management MBA graduate, Guilherme has demonstrated experience with agile software discovery and delivery initiatives playing a variety of roles: engineering manager, agile coach, project manager, iteration manager, developer, sysadmin, and DevOps engineer. Guilherme has worked for startups and Fortune 500 corporations on a variety of domains, mostly finance, eCommerce, media, and retail.
Agile Project Manager
- Facilitated two-week remote workshops to gather product and project requirements.
- Created a plan, updated stakeholders about progress, and delivered the project to production.
- Managed teams of different sizes between two and ten FTEs.
Director of Engineering
- Joined the team as a senior engineering manager and, after eight months was promoted to director of engineering. Managed software engineers, technical product managers, UI/UX designers, and SREs.
- Helped the company bring its development in-house.
- Helped the company grow from having 300 employees to 1,000 and a valuation of $600 million to $1.6 billion.
Agile Coach | Web Technologies Coordinator
- Built distributed and collocated highly performant Agile teams.
- Worked with three different core areas of the company (big data, videos, and platforms) to deliver its projects.
- Ensured services, products, and platforms adhered to strong requirements around resilience, scalability, and performance.
- Worked with a team responsible for building Mobile SDK's for IDM purposes, building native software for iOS, Android, and TV's and integrating with Facebook and Google as alternatives for login and authentication.
- Contributed to setting team goals and objectives for each quarter and following up with its deliveries.
- Expanded the engineering staff in the Porto Alegre office by 40%.
Enterprise Agile Coach
- Formed agile software development teams and building a plan for rolling out new teams.
- Considered each specific project context and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Worked closely with four large Scrum teams, providing Agile training, shadowing Agile ceremonies, mentoring, and coaching.
- Followed up and provided visibility regarding the Agile maturity.
- Helped the organization evaluate and adapt in order to support the new WoW (sourcing, legal, finance, budgeting, PMO, and other cross areas).
- Facilitated project inceptions maturing and understanding requirements, defining and prioritizing features and their respective MVPs.
- Collaborated with multiple scrum masters, product owners, developers, BAs, QAs, and stakeholders.
- Identified, recruited, and interviewed professionals for agile coach and scrum master positions.
- Worked with teams who had the responsibility to develop mobile (using Kony framework and customizing with native code for Windows Phone, iOS, and Android), web applications and back-office software.
Agile Coach | Engineering Manager
- Managed a team of senior Erlang developers that had end-to-end responsibility for a system that took purchases 24/7/365.
- Held accountable for the performance of the team, created and maintained the system and business KPIs, backlog, team happiness, budget, salaries, and individual and team development plans.
- Facilitated Agile team ceremonies, organizational communication and collaborated with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects such as the launch of Klarna operations in the US.
Senior Consultant | Iteration Manager
- Collaborated on many different projects, providing the right level of quality for the products and services our clients were building.
- Worked with distributed teams in North and South America.
- Gained hands-on experience with iteration management, DevOps and continuous delivery, quality assurance, and BDD (Ruby and Cucumber, Java and JBehave, and C# and SpecFlow).
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Contributed to many different roles within the software development lifecycle, like quality assurance and business analysis, reviewing business requirements, and collaborating with stakeholders.
- Executed security assessments and acted as a white hat hacker inside banks in South America and Africa.
- Worked as a software engineer, wrote code, built automated suites of tests, and set up automated pipelines for testing and deployment.
C# Mobile Developer Intern
- Developed mobile apps using the AppForge Crossfire framework, C#, and .NET.
- Worked with extreme programming practices, continuous integration, pair programming, and other recurring activities to learn and grow our team knowledge.
- Went to the client's site and installed and delivered the solution.
Agile Almanac Book 2: Programs with Multi and Virtual-Team Environments
Wrote a chapter and contributed to many other sections.
Project Manager - eCommerce UX Review
Led a discovery process to map project objectives, personas, features, and journeys; helped the team deliver a 2-month MVP.
After approval of the MVP scope and objectives, we delivered the project in 2 months.
Project Manager - Oil and Gas Legacy System Migration
Acted as a technical project manager, helping the team structure QA strategy, DevOps strategy, and delivery.
Project Manager - Integration Between an Acquired Startup With a Large Enterprise
Acted as a project manager, helping the client to map business needs into requirements and helped the team with go live.
Project Manager - Information Security Assessment
Led a penetration testing project with an African bank in Angola.
Agile Alliance Brazil, Board of Directors
Disseminated Agile software development within the Brazilian market.
Master of Business Administration Degree in IT Strategic Management
Fundacao Getulio Vargas - Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems
Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre, Brazil
Learning 3.0 Facilitator
Scaled Agile Framework® Agilist (SA) Certification Program
Scaled Agile Inc
Certified Scrum Professional
Certified Scrum Master