Verified Expert in Project Management
Majed is a strategic thinker and self-motivated project management consultant with 11 years of professional experience managing large complex IT projects and cross-functional distributed teams. He has proven expertise in delivering various digital transformation, eCommerce, and infrastructure initiatives. Majed brings a hybrid-flexible Agile and Waterfall approach and mindset that best fits a project's needs, aligns IT programs with organizational goals, and sets them up for success.
Technical Project Manager
- Increased revenue by over 35%, delivering a cloud-based bespoke development of a new eCommerce platform SA Store to distribute and sell SA's wide range catalog of standards within five months of launch.
- Led the implementation of all new capabilities needed to operate SA Store, including customer success, marketing, and commercial.
- Managed and transitioned a cross-functional agile team of developers, QA engineers, and UI/UX designers in a remote work environment after COVID-19.
- Improved the way SA captures public feedback on a standard draft, with the agile development of the public comments management system (PCMS) that provides more transparency to the public and communicates comments resolution results back.
- Provided more automated tools and processes for SA project managers to resolve the comments in half the time taken previously.
- Enhanced the learning and training experience for internal and external standards contributors. Improved the L&D team's day-to-day work in planning and facilitating training and workshops by implementing a brand new Standards Academy.
Agile Project Manager
Northgate Public Services
- Collaborated with the different business units within FACS of NSW to conduct a change impact assessment and prepare a communication plan to engage the right stakeholders and leadership.
- Delivered a new version of the HOMES upgrade project with service continuity and zero downtime to FACS operations in mind.
- Enhanced the user experience and day-to-day tasks performed by FACS employees with new features.
- Migrated the HOMES infrastructure to the new data center and decommissioned the current data center, providing better scalability and support for the solution.
- Delivered over 40 projects varying in the level of complexity and value—ranging between $150,00 and $5 million—in cyberspace security.
- Managed and prioritized several projects of different clients in various sectors such as banking, government, and education in a fast-paced environment and increased customer satisfaction.
- Raised the annual revenues by applying the project governance best practices.
- Defined the project management methodology and implemented the PMO.
- Integrated an enterprise-wide oracle cloud ERP and compliance system. Implemented new processes to improve all facets of daily operations ensuring adherence to the regulations, policies, procedures, and best industry practices.
- Collaborated with diverse, high-profile clients from different sectors such as government, banking, and enterprise in a fast-paced environment.
- Migrated full infrastructure of the National Commercial Bank, including data center and network appliances in over 250 branches.
- Used different technologies such as networks, data centers, unified communication, clouds, storage, and cybersecurity. Partnered with various vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Avaya, and HP.
- Supported the sales team in closing multi-million dollar deals with high-profile clients such as the National Commercial Bank and Ministry of Higher Education in Saudi Arabia.
- Gained the CCDA and Cisco Security Solution and Design Specialist certificates.
System Engineer Associate
- Selected the showcased products and demos as a member of the committee that organized the Cisco Expo 2010 event.
- Attended several Cisco training and gained a few professional certificates, such as Cisco's CCNP certificate.
- Learned organizational and technical skills by shadowing the service provider team in Cisco.
SA Store—Standards Australiahttps://store.standards.org.au/
Enabled SA to directly partner with Standards' users and buyers to deliver the best value and reach to the Australian community; increased the revenue by 35% since a go-live; delivered according to the schedule and within the budget of $2 million.
My key responsibilities:
• Identifying and engaging the key stakeholders.
• Requirements gathering and workshops facilitation.
• Managing and motivating an agile team of six developers, three test analysts, one data analyst, and two UI/UX designers.
• Leading all Agile ceremonies.
• Tracking schedule, budget, and scope.
• Reporting progress to the stakeholders and leadership team.
• Managing different vendors and third-party integrations.
• Leading the business change and transformation.
Public Comments Management System (PCMS)—Standards Australia
Digitized and improved the public commenting process used to capture public feedback on a standards draft; improved process transparency by sharing comments resolution to the public; enabled SA project managers to resolve comments in half the time.
My key responsibilities:
• Managing requirements gathering and delivery of the system throughout
the project lifecycle.
• Leading an agile team of eleven team members and all go-live activities in addition to the business COMM plan and marketing strategy.
• Managing changes in the business processes.
• Facilitating training to over 5,000 contributors on a new platform and internal project managers training on how to resolve all the comments in the system.
MyHousing Upgrade—Northgate Public Serviceshttps://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/myhousing
Upgraded the system with zero downtime to FACS operations, enhanced user experience with a new look and feel and operational performance by simplifying day-to-day tasks performed by FACS. The project was delivered on time and within budget.
My key responsibilities:
• Creating the project management plan.
• Changing the impact analysis to ensure the engagement of the right stakeholders and business units in FACS from the start.
• Identifying and resolving risks.
• Tracking project schedule and budget throughout the project delivery and ensuring delivery on time and within budget.
• Ensuring that all government processes and procedures are followed.
• Facilitating training to over 200 FACS staff on new features.
Full Infrastructure Migration—National Commercial Bank
Enhanced the NCB's reliability, services, customer retention, and ability to scale and expand their offerings and introduce new state-of-the-art banking services to their customers; migrated successfully with minimal impact on NCB's operations.
My key responsibilities:
• Creating the project management plan using PRINCE2 methodology.
• Extensive planning of all the activities, including migrating the bank applications with minimal impact on operations and services.
• Conducting a detailed risks assessment and risk management plan.
• Coordinating with branch managers and different stakeholders to ensure a smooth delivery.
• Providing resource allocation and tracking budgets.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Jordan University of Science and Technology - Irbid, Jordan
Certified Scrum Master
ITIL Foundation Certification
PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Cisco Security Solution and Design Specialist
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring