Verified Expert in Project Management
Max is a senior technical project manager who, since 2015, has helped organizations push their ideas and concepts from the ground to viable products that are available around the world. Prior to this, he was a freelance mobile developer for 3+ years. Max has built mobile, web, and multiplatform applications, managed remote and in-house teams, and consulted with eCommerce, B2B, B2C, and healthcare startups. His recent projects include video streaming, education, fitness, and mental health.
Head of Delivery
- Led and managed several important projects within the company, which included supporting the development teams on a daily basis and providing technical consulting.
- Oversaw and managed various small projects at a high level to ensure successful and stable delivery.
- Collaborated with the top management to control, direct, and develop the business.
- Participated in HR processes to find the best talent and the most skilled engineers to empower internal development teams.
- Improved delivery processes within the company to achieve the best results and increase customers' satisfaction.
- Managed, deployed, and orchestrated project management processes and procedures across multiple projects and development teams.
- Helped several startups lift concepts from the ground up to workable MVPs and live products.
- Led and supported technical projects in fitness, education, online coaching, and mental health.
- Directed remote Agile development teams consisting of 15+ individuals, including web, mobile, and back-end developers; QA engineers, and UI/UX designers.
Technical Project Manager
- Managed 10+ projects in various domains and industries, including Android, iOS, web, and back-end applications and platforms for video streaming, mental health, virtual assets eCommerce, fitness, education, news, media, and promotions.
- Led, managed, and supported remote and in-house development teams from Eastern Europe and the United States.
- Managed project planning processes and delivery, using Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies.
- Wrote, negotiated, and created development proposals. Participated in new project discovery and initial communication with potential clients.
- Led all types of project management activities, including scope, budget, risk, quality, and time management.
- Facilitated effective communication between development teams, customers, end users, and other stakeholders. This included sprint planning; daily, weekly, demo, and retrospective meetings; and written communications.
- Focused on business goals and transforming them from rough ideas and concepts into technical requirements and solutions.
- Controlled and adjusted project schedules, resources, and scopes of work to ensure effective processes and successful delivery.
- Applied best practices and followed guidelines and industry-proven approaches to build new products and development teams.
- Organized processes and communication, using Jira, Confluence, GitLab, Trello, Bitbucket, GitHub, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, Slack, Zoom, Google Drive, Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Postman, Swagger, TestFlight, and Firebase.
- Developed 8+ mobile projects in various domains, including promotional, entertainment, educational, and finance applications.
- Wrote codebases according to the industry-proven standards and best practices, using Java and Objective-C languages.
- Led mobile development within small teams of up to five people, including back-end and front-end developers, QA engineers, and UI/UX designers.
- Participated as a contractor in government IT projects, such as social support and navigation apps for public transportation.
- Assisted with building smooth UX designs for mobile apps, according to the best guidelines and design patterns.
Training Platform for First-line Personnel
Led and managed development for the project from scratch to a workable, live product, including web, back end, Android, and iOS applications. Just after the launch, the project had several large companies as primary clients and partners.
I managed a development team of up to 12 individuals, including back-end, front-end, and mobile developers; QA engineers; and UI/UX designers, from the United States, Russia, Belarus, and Georgia. As a part of the project, I helped to launch the apps in 20+ countries for Android and iOS. Under my management, the project was moved through all development phases, from the rough idea to a production-ready platform available for thousands of first-line workers.
The most complex and interesting part was to design and develop a technical solution to analyze and assess users' training and recordings, using AI assessment and machine learning based on speech, face, and persona recognition.
At present, the development team and I are actively developing and improving the project. The roadmap includes at least 12 months of new features, improvements, and R&D.
Online Matching Tool for Mental Health Specialists
Released an MVP in California after five months of development. I joined the project in the middle of the development cycle, took a lead role, fixed existing problems and processes, and played a key role in the successful launch.
I managed a development team of up to six members, including back-end, front-end, and mobile developers; QA engineers; and UI/UX designers from Belarus and Georgia. The main challenge was to find the right processes and approaches to support the startup nature of the product and mitigate constantly changing requirements.
After five months of development, the project was successfully released in California as an MVP. In the next eight months, we focused on stabilization, support, and development of new features and functionality. After this, development was moved to a new in-house team, the project had several successful fundraising rounds, and it continues to evolve actively.
Workout Streaming Platform and Android TV App for Gyms
Managed the development of an entirely new platform, which now has a client base of 40+ gyms and fitness chains across the United States.
I joined the project after the initial three months of development, led the development team, improved processes, and supported the project for 10 months. The development team had up to five members, including back-end, front-end, and Android developers, and QA engineers from Belarus and Russia.
The most challenging problem was to guarantee stable playback for six simultaneous video streams of workouts on Android TV-based devices within strict hardware constraints. We solved this by using a combination of solutions: pre-cached videos, video resizing on the back end, and clear recommendations and validation rules for the videos.
At present, the client base includes 40+ gyms and fitness chains across the United States, and the platform is being actively evolved.
Master's Degree in Information Systems and Technology
Tula State University - Tula, Russia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring