Agile Delivery Manager & Technical Consultant2019 - PRESENTInfornite
- Worked with a variety of clients on both small and large scale projects providing technical expertise and project management.
- Specialized in projects where clients require both project management and technical expertise.
- Provided agile training and help clients to set up the team and processes for success.
- Focused on web and mobile application development along with implementing the back end applications to support next gen applications.
- Commonly took a dual role in managing the project and also managing the overall technical design and application architecture.
Technology and Data Management Consultant (Part Time)2019 - PRESENTEnterprise Data Management Council ~ Sydney, Australia
- Represented the council within Asia Pacific working closely with clients on the ground and the core team that is based in New York.
- Guided clients to put in place the processes and team structures to support the efficient delivery of their data projects based on industry best practices.
- Designed and rolled out training programs to help uplift teams in project delivery and data management practices.
Agile Delivery Manager ~ Digital Transformation & Data2018 - 2019Macquarie Banking Group ~ Sydney, Australia
- Managed the development and maintenance of a suite of web based applications used across the bank along with a back end data-warehouse.
- Led a permanent team of three analysts and 3 Dev Ops engineers to support a user base of 300+.
- Managed a series of projects from MVP stage through to vendor negotiations and development in areas such as data management, analytics and dash-boarding.
- Implemented agile processes and training across the team to create a more transparent delivery road map for end users.
Agile Program Manager & Scrum Master2017 - 2018QBE Insurance ~ Sydney, Australia
- Managed 5 interrelated work-streams in a complex and high pressured delivery environment.
- Took over the project when it was under-delivering and put in place the agile methodologies and processes to turn the program around.
- Started with a small team of five and grew the team to 25 people responsible for a multi-million-dollar pipeline of work.
- Put in place an efficient interview and assessment processes in order to allow us to find and hire the right technical resources and ramp up quickly.
- Ability to lead the team whilst also providing technical oversight was critical to this projects success.
Technical Project Manager & Solutions Architect2015 - 2017Zurich Insurance ~ Zurich, Switzerland
- Responsible for delivering a pipeline of projects in the areas of innovation and data excellence.
- Managed the successful delivery of web based application that allowed the business to visualise flood and storm risk worldwide.
- Ran a number of Proof of Concept and MVP projects in the areas of IOT, Telematics and Machine Learning..
Scrum Master2014 - 2015Westpac Banking Group ~ Sydney, Australia
- Brought in to manage a time sensitive integration project following the acquisition of a new business by the bank.
- Managed a project team responsible for creating an application that would provided a single view of customers across multiple different applications.
- Highly technical project requiring expert technical oversight and closely managing the communications between the business and engineering teams.
- Tasked with ramping up the team very quickly and delivering a series of outcomes in quick succession.
Chief Data Architect2013 - 2014AIG Insurance ~ Tokyo, Japan
- Managed a team of 12 with responsibility for requirements, architecture, and data integration activities.
- Developed a common approach and processes to manage data mapping and reference data collection.
- Managed the vendor RFP and selection process and led onboarding and training of the selected vendor.
- Oversaw the solutions architecture and design of both up-stream integration and the final warehouse.
- Established the data governance process across the business and IT functions for the new platform.
Business Analyst2012 - 2013Equifax ~ Sydney, Australia
- Defined and rolled out new functionality that would increase the revenue base through up and cross-sell.
- Headed business requirements and use case definitions for a major upgrade to the existing credit alert system enabling new functionality that doubled the customer base.
- Defined and managed the development of a new web service allowing the integration of the alerts system with other consumer products providing a significant lift in cross-sell potential for the business.
Program Manager2011 - 2012AIG Insurance ~ Dubai, UAE & Sydney, Australia
- Owned the end-to-end delivery playing a diverse role both in managing the development team as well as owning the key relationships with executive sponsors across the two regions.
- Developed the business case and managed its approval through regional and head office review boards.
- Ran workshops to develop use cases and define the core business requirements.
- Managed the offshore development team providing technical expertise and critical path planning.
- Headed weekly reporting to executive management as well as chairing the monthly Steering Group.
- Managed the UAT execution including pre-UAT workshop, daily progress tracking, and triage of issues.
Project Manager and Business Analyst2008 - 2011AIG Insurance ~ Dublin, Ireland
- Held various roles starting as a business analyst and working my way through to project management.
Software Developer (Part Time)2007 - 2008Sort My Books ~ Kerry, Ireland
- Developed software using the Microsoft technology stack.
Systems Analyst (Internship)2006 - 2006Fidelity Investments ~ Boston, USA
- Participated in a 6-month internship with Fidelity in the US.