Senior Project Manager | Scrum Master2013 - 2020National Life Group
- Managed multimillion-dollar financial services projects staffed by global multi-company teams.
- Implemented a new underwriting system involving eight companies, ten integrations, and four workstreams. This system increased applications processed without human touch by 400% and decreased time-to-issue by 50%.
- Managed business partnerships and contracts with iPipeline, Munich Re-Insurance Automation Solutions, LexisNexis, Medical Information Bureau (MIB), Milliman, Moody’s, and ExamOne.
- Executed 30 on budget and schedule, high-quality production releases per year.
Project Manager2009 - 2013IBM
- Managed parallel international semi-conductor chip design teams in commercial, aerospace, and defense industries.
- Led projects from concept (contracts, charter, and planning) through closure (lessons learned and hardware validation).
- Turned around a troubled project—restoring it early-to-market product introduction and securing a future $80-million contract.
- Negotiated challenging customer requests while maintaining project cost goals and customer satisfaction.
- Instilled disciplined schedule and budget processes.
Project Manager2006 - 2009IBM
- Integrated 200,000 circuit models from 50 global development teams into a 2GB design kit containing over 100 customer deliverables.
- Developed flexible release processes, enabling maximum development time and just-in-time delivery.
- Coordinated a large scale, worldwide, consistent, and high-quality distribution of customer deliverables, reducing customer returns by 5%.
- Implemented continuous process improvements, increasing team productivity 8% over two years.
Project Manager2003 - 2006IBM
- Led a team that developed a sophisticated computer-aided design system for designing semiconductor computer chips.
- Placed and wired millions of circuits on computer chips the size of the end of your pinky finger.
- Ran a noise and timing analysis across the entire chip.
- Performed a logical and physical verification of each circuit.