Managing Director2017 - PRESENTSennaLabs
- Acted as the managing director of an IT consulting firm that services various enterprise and startup clients including Marriott International, S&P Food, and GrabCasual.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the company vision, business development, sales, overall software systems architecture, hiring, and team mentoring.
- Worked with McKinsey on a digital transformation project for an energy company.
- Managed a team of engineers to create eCommerce web and mobile applications for the largest restaurant chain in Thailand.
- Implemented hands-on Ruby on Rails development and DevOps.
CTO2015 - 2016Playlab Games
- Oversaw all technical teams that were not game production teams including platform, back end, DevOps, and analytics; was also responsible for the overall systems architecture for those teams.
- Established and drove the overall software engineering culture and best practices.
- Spearheaded company-wide engineering initiatives across multiple teams.
- Came up with long-term initiatives and strategies for technical teams.
- Handled all technical aspects of technical due diligence by the VC firm.
- Architected the Optimus Prime ETL framework.
- Worked on data analytics to calculate retention, DAU, ARPDAU, and LTV with varying degrees of granularity.
- Reverse-engineered LTV curves of competing companies.
- Oversaw the Scrum training of all technical teams including game production teams.
- Worked on statistical and big data analyses.
- Migrated a legacy monolithic back end to SOA (microservices).
- Worked on DevOps (AWS, CircleCI, New Relic, Docker, and Ansible).
Product Consultant2012 - 2014World's Largest Online Freelance Worker Platform
- Acted as a SOA architect for the back-end platforms.
- Managed three teams including the platform team, TimeTracker (web reporting tool) team, and TimeTracker (client applications) team.
- Migrated legacy monolithic architecture to a services-oriented architecture.
Software Development Manager2011 - 2012Live Nation
- Oversaw the eCommerce content vertical software engineering team.
- Reported to the vice president of engineering.
- Managed the engineering efforts of integrating CQ5 with the existing technology stack and managing the engineering team that builds the tools in Java on top of the CQ5 platform.
- Architected SEO and built SOA services.
- Helped to implement Agile process for the company by training engineers, product owners, and project managers for all Ticketmaster verticals on Scrum processes.
- Established engineering standards and best practices for the content vertical department.
Scrum Master | Team Lead2010 - 2011eBay
- Acted as the Scrum master for the development team.
- Worked on Rent.com.
- Performed SEO for eBay classifieds.
- Worked on programatic SEO.
- Handled the SOA re-architecture.
Quantitative Analytics Research Consultant2009 - 2010Bank of America
- Served as a software engineer for the quantitative analytics and research group.
- Designed and wrote ETL programs for Bank of America's risk managers using Perl, Moose, and dependency injection.
- Wrote a Perl wrapper for the Merrill Lynch Global Derivatives Analytics library.
- Reverse-engineered foreign currency curves generation algorithms.
- Wrote programs to use the SOAP interface to interact with the Merill Lynch web services API to retrieve various financial data, transform them and load them into a database.
- Spearheaded the schema redesign project initiative to increase performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Worked with various types of databases including; Sybase, Sybase IQ, MIM, and LIM.
- Gave various presentations to the quantitative analytics and research group on software engineering best practices and software development methodologies.
- Helped to bring Agile process to the software development team.
Consultant2008 - 2008Shopzilla
- Worked on various development interim work on transitioning the system.
- Performed SEO-related work including automatic subdomain name creation for targeted keywords.
- Produced analytics to optimize conversion rates on product.
- Wrote programatic and reactive SEO algorithms.
- Worked on database design and optimization.
Consultant2005 - 2007AMP
- Provide CTO-level consulting to C-level execs of a publishing company.
- Architected a custom accounting, reporting, and CRM application for a startup publishing company. The system also is responsible for workflow tracking and automating various publishing-related tasks.
- Provided infrastructure planning to rapidly growing company for growth over the next five years.
- Analyzed financial and accounting information to calculate tax liabilities.
- Managed software development projects.
Consultant2004 - 2005Massey Knakal Realty Services
- Managed the development team.
- Architected a real estate investment modeling application for a large brokerage.
- Analyzed data on over 1,000,000 properties throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
- Interviewed and hired software developers.
- Served as a product owner.
Senior Software Developer2003 - 2004Performics (Double Click)
- Worked as a senior Perl developer—working on online marketing campaign management systems.
- Built a real-time bidding system for paid media on Google AdWords.
- Established best practices for the development team.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Created a database schema design and implemented the optimization.
Senior Systems Consultant2001 - 2003TransUnion
- Developed retail credit origination systems.
- Worked with the Thai National Credit Bureau.
- Developed with a Unix network.
- Architected credit bureau software applications.
- Developed software development.
- Administered to Unix systems.
Consultant2000 - 2001Cisco Systems
- Consulted with Cisco’s enterprise management team and INFOSEC team on matters of network security.
- Designed and developed a PGM application. The PGM application was used by Cisco to store all password and security settings of Cisco’s machines, switches, routers, and other terminal devices. All passwords from all of Cisco’s global locations are stored on a database in Santa Clara using the PGM application.
- Created programming network management tools.
- Administered to Unix systems.
Consultant2000 - 2001Intel
- Designed the architecture of the Intel IA64 Compiler optimization team's automated test and build system.
- Worked with Intel’s team of mathematicians on testing and optimizing the compiler for the new IA64 processor for both Microsoft (unreleased 64 bit OS) and Linux (64 bit) platforms.
- Composed Perl programming.
- Administered to Unix systems.
- Developed deployment tools.