Owner and Remote (Agile) Project Manager2014 - PRESENTOnwords
- Served as the remote (project) manager on all assignments done by Onwords agency while executing some marketing activities.
- Led the strategy, eCommerce, and online marketing implementation for Efficientprint.com, a new startup in Spain delivering an online printing platform.
- Oversaw the building of a new platform for Nuts & Bolts Speed Training. Responsible for hiring and leading developers and UX/UI designers from start to completion.
- Advised Ethnotek on continuous optimization of eCommerce on a technical level as well as a marketing and conversion rate optimization level. The conversion has gone from 0.9% to steadily above 2%.
- Advised Top Car AutoReisen on the implementation of Kanban for continuous eCommerce optimization.
- Led the development team of Forte Violen in launching a new business model into the world of violins and instruments. From user experience and design to development and first marketing initiatives.
- Used Kanban as an Agile framework to drive, among others, projects like Nuts & Bols and Efficientprint.com to a success.
- Led the lightning start of a Toptal Project into a successful continuation of the project by the Toptal project team. Continuing leading the team to delivery, from UX to development.
Founder & CEO2014 - 2016Chasing Spaces
- Managed technical development of the market place, building an MVP to go to market as fast as possible.
- Served big customers like Adidas and Unilever as well as local heroes like BOHO Amsterdam and Rose & Nine.
- Led the successful application to join the Rockstart Accelerator Amsterdam. Only 10 starts-ups get selected out of hundreds of applications worldwide.
- Implemented the Kanban way of working across the different departments of the startup.
- Led the complete startup team.
- Managed the P&L, legal, and accounting of the startup.
Sales Manager2012 - 2014Best Buy Europe/Carphone Warehouse
- Managed the people and P&L of 20 Phone House stores within the area of the Hague, Leiden, and Haarlem (around 75 FTE). The region was in need of an immediate turnaround both financially and culturally.
- Achieved financial uplift in the margin of 22.3% like for like while lowering headcount by 10%.
- Implemented scrum rhythm and rituals in a sales environment which was the main driver for success.
Program Manager2012 - 2012Best Buy Europe/Carphone Warehouse
- Developed and launched a new shop-in-shop concept resulting in six trial stores between two established retailers. The trial has resulted in a long term partnership agreement between the Carphone Warehouse and MediaMarkt Saturn Holding, tremendously increasing business on both sides.
- Led key strategic business projects and programs within Phone House Netherlands, managing a team of project managers and store openers to achieve strategic direction and new business.
- Oversaw the implementation of a time and attendance system across all stores using agile philosophies before industrializing the roll-out.
- Collaborated with the CEO to finalize the details of the agreement and term sheet.
- Headed stakeholder management within both companies.
Head of Store Formats2011 - 2012Best Buy Europe/Carphone Warehouse
- Drove new business through the Wireless Store Formats program for the German, Dutch, and Spanish markets. Most significant capital investment in 2011.
- Managed teams in the Netherlands, Germany, and Spain remote with incidental visits.
- Worked in partnership with each market's board of directors, sponsor, and project teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the vision.
- Initiated and implemented agile project management philosophy within the pan-European team.
- Achieved the roll-out of over 300 stores within a year.
Project Manager Belgium and the Netherlands2010 - 2011Best Buy Europe/Carphone Warehouse
- Implemented and rolled-out of a European program, improving the way we go to market.
- Managed project managers in both countries, both remote and locally.
- Used the Kanban technique for continuous management of commercial initiatives.
- Launched the new Wireless World store concept in the Netherlands.
- Managed the financial side of projects with investments over 3 million euros.
Project Management consultant2009 - 2010Conclusion Implementation
- Led the development and implementation of the financial business model and administration for a new department delivering a service-oriented infrastructure to the Amsterdam local government.
- Managed the development and implementation of project management support containing the development of, among others, capacity management, Wiki and Jira.
- Managed and organized a Seminar Lean Management from concept to realization resulting in leads and new business.
- Served as scrum master for technical development in absence of senior scrum master facilitating all scrum meetings.
- Oversaw stakeholders management of the scrum project within Amsterdam local government.
Project Manager2008 - 2008De Lage Landen/Rabobank Group
- Managed the set-up of a customer service desk for a customer base of 55,000 clients worth over €700 million.
- Managed the change of back-end systems due to change in Spanish legislation.
- Analyzed, improved, and implemented new dunning strategy for operations department using the Kanban technique.
- Managed project teams in Spanish working at HQ Madrid, Spain.
- Worked closely with the board of directors to strategize the roll-out of multiple projects.