Technical Project Manager | Scrum Master2020 - 2022Valence Enterprises, Inc
- Led the team in implementing new features and improvements to the company's website.
- Implemented the scrum framework for the execution of all discovery and development processes.
- Managed communications and stakeholders and supported technical discussions to clearly define requirements, integrations, and overall expectations for all involved parties.
Agile Project Manager2019 - 2020Insurance Broker (via Toptal Projects)
- Led and supported the development team daily on their work to enhance and maintain the broker platform.
- Managed project planning and delivery through Scrum and Kanban.
- Exercised servant leadership with a strong focus on removing impediments from the other squad members.
- Worked closely with key stakeholders to discuss, define, and follow up on requirements.
- Collaborated with carrier insurance third parties to ensure proper data transfer from the platform into their systems.
- Reported weekly status and led sprint showcases.
- Supported the client through their Jira support desk.
Project Manager2010 - 2019IBM
- Managed over 30 projects, much of the time handling five projects simultaneously.
- Worked with clients, subject matter experts, and technical leads to analyze business needs.
- Generated solution proposals that were aligned with the business strategy.
- Wrote, negotiated, and closed service contracts—resulting in engagements ranging from US$ 5,000 to US$ 400,000.
- Led all project planning, scope management, and time estimation activities.
- Facilitated scrum meetings, sprint planning, and removal of impediments—ensuring that the team could perform at their best.
- Controlled the project budget, safeguarding the proper tracking and utilization of resources invested in the project lifecycle.
- Drove negotiations and the overall communication with sponsors and product owners.
Brand Manager2007 - 2010avVenta
- Managed projects involving website redesign, customer engagement, and digital marketing.
- Led interdisciplinary teams ranging from five to 20+ members.
- Owned the process to secure resource allocations by properly identifying skill sets and levels of expertise needed for the project.
- Coordinated with other departments, such as creative design and quality assurance, to ensure proper estimations and ideal workflow across resource collaboration.
- Managed work queues for steady-state engagements while working on small enhancements and defects.
Project Manager2006 - 2007Alienware
- Led the creation of an onsite software development team.
- Captured high-level requirements and expectations from the stakeholder.
- Aided developers with the process and procurement-related needs.
- Led team checkpoints to gather progress status, risks, and concerns.