Verified Expert in Project Management
Tarun Sukhani is a business and IT professional with over 25 years of experience working in multinational companies in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC regions. Actively involved in web-scale software development, data science, and machine learning across different industries, Tarun has held several senior development and managerial positions, including software and solution architect, project manager, Certified Scrum Master, CIO/CTO/CDO/CISO, director, and board member.
Technical Project Manager
- Joined the team as technical project manager and then transitioned to data architect for the company's data warehousing implementation.
- Set up user stories for completing dimension and fact tables for the company's data warehouse.
- Created Tableau dashboards for visualizing fact tables from the enterprise data warehouse.
Principal Data Scientist
Center for Applied Data Science
- Taught DataOps, data science, SQL/NoSQL, intro to programming, SQL/NoSQL, and big data analytics with Spark to government, academic, and corporate clients through Malaysia.
- Headed the data engineering track and provided content development and consultancy services to staff and clients.
- Created, as a lead developer and solutions architect, data science solutions for a variety of stakeholders within and outside the company, including scrapers, machine learning models, and visualizations.
- Designed and developed human resources management practices for remote attendance and payroll management–instead of manual or fingerprint scanners, used mobile phones to take group pictures of migrant workers.
- Provided financial and user fraud detection for anti-money laundering/combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) at money services businesses and banks, using various modeling techniques such as Naive Bayesian and association rule mining.
- Handled a receipt processing system for the FMCG industry to filter the appropriate receipts for OCR extraction and then calculate total taxation and profit using a deep neural network (CNN).
- Acted as a blockchain partner with ProximaX using the NEM blockchain for DApp development with Web3.
- Designed and developed Abundent Academy, a premier Industry 4.0 (IR4) training platform.
- Defined and implemented technical architecture and technology stack for a new product pipeline using a mixture of Java, NoSQL, and big data technologies.
- Defined and implemented a reactive microservice API for customer-facing eCommerce products.
- Worked with a burgeoning team of business and IT professionals to develop a real-time, robust fraud detection and reconciliation engine for money services transactions using Spark Streaming, Kafka, and Cassandra.
iCar Asia Limited
- Recommended and oversaw the usage of Pentaho BI for ETL within the company.
- Delivered the full data model/schema and API for the next release of the classifieds business.
- Contributed to defining the caching strategies for the next release of the classifieds business.
- Oversaw the outsourcing of some ETL and analytics API development to third-party vendors.
- Developed the iCarAsia's vehicle determinator solution for both mobile and web.
- Redesigned the enterprise computing curriculum to align with modern industry practices, introducing Java OSGi, Spring, and other frameworks for students.
- Conducted the enterprise computing third-year course in the department of computer science.
- Functioned as an industry leader to the dean of the computer science department, imparting best practices and linking academia to the industry.
AML/CFT Fraud Detection Enginehttps://www.maxmoney.com/my/
Developed a real-time, robust fraud detection and reconciliation engine for money services transactions using Spark Streaming, Kafka, and Cassandra. The solution was AML/CFT-compliant.
The engine was used to prevent several cases of fraud detected over a period of six months.
Designed and developed an edutech platform to train providers to manage training, certifications, attendance, and fee payments.
LinkedIn Web Scraperhttps://bitbucket.abundent.com/projects/WSCRAPER/repos/linkedin/browse
Designed and developed a LinkedIn web scraper using Python, RabbitMQ, and PostgreSQL.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
Loyola University Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Master's Degree in Information Systems
Loyola University Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
Robert Morris - Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign - Champaign, IL, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry
University of Chicago - Chicago, IL, USA
Certified Chief Information Security Officer V1
Professional Scrum Master Level I (PSM I)
Certified Scrum Professional (CSP)
Certified Scrum Master