Verified Expert in Design
UX Strategist and Designer
Andrea started her career as a front-end developer with a natural progression to UX strategy, design, and management. Her work with agencies, consultancies, and startups spans all methods of discovering and defining how a product will live in this world and matter in people's lives. She's a hands-on lead whose design methods span remote/field research, collaborative workshops, IA, flows, wires/prototype, and design optimization cycles. She believes the craft of UX is head+heart+hands.
Align Technology : iPad App for Global Sales Teams
HUM Nutrition : The WELLNEST Blog
Violet Grey : Easy and Elegant Gift Cards
UX Consultant (Contract)
- Optimized customer acquisition and conversion funnels.
- Managed responsive UX/UI design for The Wellnest blog + SEO optimization.
- Devised the sprint zero UX strategy and user research as needed.
- Designed and integrated new features for marketing, eCommerce, and the blog.
- Designed member-facing features like the cancelation flow, HUM routine, and my account.
- Created and maintained the design system for the responsive web.
Lead UX Designer (Contract)
Appirio Design Studio
- Gathered and synthesized Salesforce legacy systems, business requirements, and user interviews to design the Global Field sales app.
- Designed iterative prototype builds for design feedback cycles with Global product owners.
- Maintained a stable testing version of the UX prototype for usability testing cycles.
- Collaborated with the remote visual designer and client team.
- Drafted QA and usability testing scripts to optimize delivery and launch.
Senior Experience Designer (Contract)
Dollar Shave Club
- Gathered qualitative feedback with observation + inquiry to redesign experience flows, features, funnels, CTAs, and micro-interactions.
- Defined metrics and interpreted activity + performance to share insights and inform the design of new or integrated features.
- Designed flows, architecture, and wireframes/prototypes for iOS and Android apps.
- Annotated wireframes and flows for designers and engineers.
- Prioritized design objectives for growth/revenue: engagement, enjoyment, loyalty, etc.
- Gathered examples of outstanding UX/UI for presentation and exploration in collaborative workshops.
Experience Lead (Contract)
- Created sketches, flows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes for gift cards, curated gift guides, and featured brand launch on the eCommerce site.
- Participated in design workshops to finalize design direction.
- Drafted site map and navigation for The Violet Files editorial content.
- Created functional specifications for engineers and design specifications of creative assets for designers.
- Managed requirements, user stories, and ideation flows.
Experience Lead (Contract + Full-time)
Blitz Digital Agency
- Led and performed research, strategy, vision, and UX design for various projects.
- Created the UX strategy and vision for AACN critical care nursing association.
- Devised content strategy and designed UX prototype for Continental Tire automotive company.
- Devised content strategy and designed UX prototype for UCLA Anderson School of Business.
UX Consultant (Contract)
Roundarch (now Isobar)
- Designed enterprise CMS prototype for Starwood Hotels to personalize admin workspace, improve workflows, and reduce errors.
- Created personas and IRL workflow diagrams to illustrate solutions for Motorola field sales operations.
- Designed the Gartner Research iPad app for C-level execs to keep a portable library and prepare for meetings while traveling.
- Drafted UX strategy to integrate cause marketing campaigns and social marketing for AVON representatives.
- Designed currency rate watcher dashboard tiles and promotional features for Royal Bank of Canada's product suite for multiple audiences.
- Redesigned recruiting admin tools for Air National Guard. Unified workflows to validate data and track recruits and positions.
- Redesigned secured reporting and communication tools for U.S. Air Force.
- Co-designed iPad app for U.S. Air Force Officer Review Boards to do collective officer reviews remotely, within set timeframes.
- Co-facilitated global usability testing sessions to support various projects.
Senior UX Architect/Lead
- Created personas, user research, content strategy, and UX design for McDonald's USA website redesign.
- Redesigned enterprise search for AT&T business sites.
- Designed UX prototype for dynamic home page design for H&R Block during tax season.
- Designed UX prototype of feature video content for fashion retailer Jones New York.
- Crafted content strategy, information architecture, and annotated wireframes for Kraft A.1. Steak sauce site featuring steakhouse expertise, products, recipe, and education videos.
- Designed a UX prototype to reimagine the experience of search for Lowe's Home Improvement eCommerce. Image-based results guided shoppers along their purchase path.
- Designed UX prototype for Luxottica's LensCrafters quiz and lens recommendation experience. Recommendation results informed the customer to have a meaningful discussion with the sales associate.
- Designed UX prototype for SyFy Channel rebrand for a real-time, data-driven wi-fi portal screen in NYC's Rockefeller Center.
- Designed UX flows, maps, wireframes, and prototypes for various Wrigley's promotional sweepstakes entry sites.
- Designed dynamic UX wireframes and prototype of a Dr. Ian's Meal + Fitness tracking web site for State Farm Insurance.
Lead Front-end Developer, Technical Project Manager
Slack Barshinger, now Slack & Company
- Scoped and managed the team resources and digital projects, process, delivery, and archives.
- Managed a team of developers and their project prep, work, and optimization.
- Provided concept development for the CEO's digital projects.
- Optimized artwork electronic for electronic media and file economy.
- Introduced information architecture, mapping, user flows, and modeling.
- Developed digital marketing websites for leading B2B clients.
Independent Studies in Interactive Multimedia
Columbia College - Chicago, IL
Independent Studies in Reason vs. Passion
Indiana University - Bloomington, IN
Independent Studies in Library Science
Barat College - Lake Forest, IL
Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Arts, English
Harper College - Palatine, IL