UX Consultant (Contract)
2018 - 2020
- Optimized customer acquisition and conversion funnels.
- Managed responsive UX/UI design for The Wellnest blog + SEO optimization.
- Devised the sprint zero UX strategy and user research as needed.
- Designed and integrated new features for marketing, eCommerce, and the blog.
- Designed member-facing features like the cancelation flow, HUM routine, and my account.
- Created and maintained the design system for the responsive web.
Technologies: UX Leadership, Design Systems, User Stories, Digital Product Design, SEO Content, Content Strategy, Usertesting.com, Hotjar, Qualitative Research, Integrated Design, Membership Sites, Funnel Optimization, Funnel Analysis, Blog Design, Design Thinking, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Lean UX, Heap, User Testing, InVision, Figma, Axure RP Pro, Sketch
Lead UX Designer (Contract)
2017 - 2017
Appirio Design Studio
- Gathered and synthesized Salesforce legacy systems, business requirements, and user interviews to design the Global Field sales app.
- Designed iterative prototype builds for design feedback cycles with Global product owners.
- Maintained a stable testing version of the UX prototype for usability testing cycles.
- Collaborated with the remote visual designer and client team.
- Drafted QA and usability testing scripts to optimize delivery and launch.
Technologies: UX Leadership, Contextual Inquiry, User Interviews, Enterprise Design, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Design Verification Testing, Design Testing, Dashboards, iOS, CRM Systems, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Jira, Axure RP Pro, Sketch
Senior Experience Designer (Contract)
2015 - 2016
Dollar Shave Club
- Gathered qualitative feedback with observation + inquiry to redesign experience flows, features, funnels, CTAs, and micro-interactions.
- Defined metrics and interpreted activity + performance to share insights and inform the design of new or integrated features.
- Designed flows, architecture, and wireframes/prototypes for iOS and Android apps.
- Annotated wireframes and flows for designers and engineers.
- Prioritized design objectives for growth/revenue: engagement, enjoyment, loyalty, etc.
- Gathered examples of outstanding UX/UI for presentation and exploration in collaborative workshops.
Technologies: Subscription Box Service, Membership Sites, DTC, Shopper Journeys, Digital Product Design, App UI, Android, iOS, UI Design Standards & Best Practices, User Story Mapping, User Personas, User Needs, User Flows, Rapid Prototyping, Annotated Wireframes, Lean UX, A/B Testing, Apple Keynote, Lingo, Axure RP Pro, Sketch
Experience Lead (Contract)
2015 - 2015
- Created sketches, flows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes for gift cards, curated gift guides, and featured brand launch on the eCommerce site.
- Participated in design workshops to finalize design direction.
- Drafted site map and navigation for The Violet Files editorial content.
- Created functional specifications for engineers and design specifications of creative assets for designers.
- Managed requirements, user stories, and ideation flows.
Technologies: UX Leadership, Web, Mobile Web, Jira, Axure RP Pro, OmniGraffle
Experience Lead (Contract + Full-time)
2013 - 2014
Blitz Digital Agency
- Led and performed research, strategy, vision, and UX design for various projects.
- Created the UX strategy and vision for AACN critical care nursing association.
- Devised content strategy and designed UX prototype for Continental Tire automotive company.
- Devised content strategy and designed UX prototype for UCLA Anderson School of Business.
Technologies: UX Leadership, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Mobile Web, Web, Content Strategy, Presentations, Pitch Presentations, UX Strategy, Apple Keynote, Axure RP Pro, Sketch
UX Consultant (Contract)
2011 - 2013
Roundarch (now Isobar)
- Designed enterprise CMS prototype for Starwood Hotels to personalize admin workspace, improve workflows, and reduce errors.
- Created personas and IRL workflow diagrams to illustrate solutions for Motorola field sales operations.
- Designed the Gartner Research iPad app for C-level execs to keep a portable library and prepare for meetings while traveling.
- Drafted UX strategy to integrate cause marketing campaigns and social marketing for AVON representatives.
- Designed currency rate watcher dashboard tiles and promotional features for Royal Bank of Canada's product suite for multiple audiences.
- Redesigned recruiting admin tools for Air National Guard. Unified workflows to validate data and track recruits and positions.
- Redesigned secured reporting and communication tools for U.S. Air Force.
- Co-designed iPad app for U.S. Air Force Officer Review Boards to do collective officer reviews remotely, within set timeframes.
- Co-facilitated global usability testing sessions to support various projects.
Technologies: Enterprise Systems, Enterprise SaaS, Enterprise Design, Design Thinking, User Personas, System Flow, System UI, UX Strategy, Presentations, Annotated Wireframes, UX Flows, Remote User Testing, User Testing, Apple Keynote, Photoshop CC, OmniGraffle
Senior UX Architect/Lead
2007 - 2010
- Created personas, user research, content strategy, and UX design for McDonald's USA website redesign.
- Redesigned enterprise search for AT&T business sites.
- Designed UX prototype for dynamic home page design for H&R Block during tax season.
- Designed UX prototype of feature video content for fashion retailer Jones New York.
- Crafted content strategy, information architecture, and annotated wireframes for Kraft A.1. Steak sauce site featuring steakhouse expertise, products, recipe, and education videos.
- Designed a UX prototype to reimagine the experience of search for Lowe's Home Improvement eCommerce. Image-based results guided shoppers along their purchase path.
- Designed UX prototype for Luxottica's LensCrafters quiz and lens recommendation experience. Recommendation results informed the customer to have a meaningful discussion with the sales associate.
- Designed UX prototype for SyFy Channel rebrand for a real-time, data-driven wi-fi portal screen in NYC's Rockefeller Center.
- Designed UX flows, maps, wireframes, and prototypes for various Wrigley's promotional sweepstakes entry sites.
- Designed dynamic UX wireframes and prototype of a Dr. Ian's Meal + Fitness tracking web site for State Farm Insurance.
Technologies: Mobile Web, Web, Content Strategy, User Testing, User Research, Apple Keynote, Axure RP Pro, Adobe Photoshop, OmniGra
Lead Front-end Developer, Technical Project Manager
2001 - 2006
Slack Barshinger, now Slack & Company
- Scoped and managed the team resources and digital projects, process, delivery, and archives.
- Managed a team of developers and their project prep, work, and optimization.
- Provided concept development for the CEO's digital projects.
- Optimized artwork electronic for electronic media and file economy.
- Introduced information architecture, mapping, user flows, and modeling.
- Developed digital marketing websites for leading B2B clients.