Verified Expert in Design
Chris is a UI/UX designer with a wide breadth of experience in designing, researching, and testing enterprise-level applications. With 10 years of freelance experience delivering projects for customers big and small, Chris is perfectly comfortable with all aspects of design, from speaking with customers to designing wireframes and tweaking code.
GE IT Hiring Site
- Handled all research and design artifacts produced by my team members supporting a 7-product, $2 million-run organization. Products are a mix of vended solutions and custom-built web applications.
- Developed a cross-organizational service design blueprint. The blueprint involved 100+ interviews and took nearly six months to compile.
- Established UX content design as a main pillar of our design group. Interviewed, hired, and oversaw the writers' day-to-day activities tasked with creating foundational content templates.
- Presented to a 400+ person executive leadership team on portfolio quarterly metrics and accomplishments.
Senior Product Designer
- Served as a full-stack designer dedicated to the internal policy administration system team issuing and editing auto policies.
- Supported the external-facing agent portal where agents can quote and bind policies on a customer's behalf.
- Interfaced with product management, engineering leads, QA leads, and developers daily. Attended all scrum ceremonies.
- Helped prioritize road map features and enhancements with product and engineering leadership.
- Leveraged quantitative user data from our app to help identify current pain points across the user experience.
Senior Experience Designer
- Served as a dedicated senior UX architect on Arity's cloud-compute and cloud-storage platform teams, including Arity's SDK, data flow, and API intelligence teams.
- Delivered user journey maps, personas, user stories, static and clickable prototypes (Sketch or InVision), and user research finding reports.
- Facilitated ideation (LUMA methods), contextual inquiry, industry-specific competitive research, and user testing sessions.
- Led the design for Arity's Driving Engine SDK releases (iOS and Android). Most UX deliverables for the SDK included callback diagrams, release notes, implementation and technical guides, and UX/UI recommendations.
- Co-led Arity's pattern library team using atomic design methodology.
- Led UX research efforts for global HR platforms. Conducted both qualitative and quantitative research in remote and in-person settings.
- Owned a variety of research goals including requirement gathering, assumption validation, and user testing of rapid prototypes.
- Worked comfortably on Waterfall, Agile, and Lean development methodologies with onsite and remote teams.
- Produced user journey maps, user personas, UI mockups (desktop and mobile screens), visual style guides, and research findings reports with recommendations.
- Worked and designed proficiently in responsive HTML, iOS, and Android environments.
- Managed four mid-career employees and mentored two junior UX designers.
- Defined creative direction and overall project deliverables.
- Interfaced with project stakeholders and executives to get buy-in and sign-offs on design direction.
- Conducted the team's performance reviews, annual salary planning, and bonus reviews.
- Managed project budgets ranging from $250,000 to $5 million.
- Gathered contextual and virtual research to accurately develop user personas and user flow diagrams.
- Created storyboards, usability studies, wireframes, prototypes, and mind maps to improve information architecture.
- Produced color comps, mood boards, iconography, and infographics to promote visual design choices.
- Collaborated with onshore and offshore development teams regarding UI testing, code compliance, and responsive layouts.
- Served as a project manager on both big and small project teams, comfortably pitching to executive stakeholders.
Lead Designer Interactive Media
Galley Creative Group
- Designed websites adhering to existing or new branding standards.
- Developed websites using WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Created and maintained Google AdWord campaigns through metatags/keywords and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Designed print collateral that supported digital campaigns and marketing events.
- Pitched projects at local, county, state, and federal levels as design lead to secure new projects & contracts.
Master's Degree in Historic Preservation - Applied Sciences
School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Maryland Institute College of Art - Baltimore, Maryland
LUMA Certified Practitioner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring