Batavia, IL, United States
Member since June 16, 2017
Chris is a UI/UX designer with a wide breath of experience designing, researching, and testing enterprise-level applications. With ten years of freelance experience delivering projects for customers big and small, he is perfectly comfortable with all aspects of design from speaking with customers to designing wireframes and tweaking code.
- UX Researcher2015 - 2017GE Digital
Technologies: Sketch, InVision, Optimal Workshop, Usabilla
- Led UX research efforts for global HR platforms. Conducted both qualitative and quantitative research in remote and in person settings.
- Responsible for variety of research goals including requirement gathering, assumption validation, and user testing of rapid prototypes.
- Comfortable working in waterfall, Agile, and Lean development methodologies with onsite and remote teams.
- Produce user journey maps, user personas, UI mockups (desktop and mobile screens), visual style guides, and research findings reports with recommendations.
- Proficient in working and designing in responsive HTML, iOS, and Android environments.
- UX Lead2013 - 2015GE Capital
Technologies: Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Managed four mid-career employees, and mentored two junior UX designers.
- Defined creative direction and overall project deliverables.
- Interfaced with project stakeholders and executives to get buy in and sign offs on design direction.
- Conducted team's performance reviews, annual salary planning, and bonus reviews.
- Managed project budgets ranging from $250,000 to $5 million.
- Interaction Designer2012 - 2013GE Capital
Technologies: Axure, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Basalmiq, Microsoft Word
- Gathered contextual and virtual research to accurately develop user personas and user flow diagrams.
- Created story boards, usability studies, wireframes, prototypes, and mind maps to improve information architecture.
- Produced color comps, mood boards, iconography, and infographics to promote visual design choices.
- Collaborated with onshore and offshore development teams regarding UI testing, code compliance, and responsive layouts.
- Served as project manager on both big and small project teams, and comfortable pitching to executive stakeholders.
- Lead Designer Interactive Media2005 - 2012Galley Creative Group
Technologies: WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools
- Designed websites adhering to existing or new branding standards.
- Developed websites using WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PHP, HTML, and CSS.
- Created and maintained Google AdWord campaigns through metatags/keywords and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Designed print collateral that supported digital campaigns and marketing events.
- Pitched projects at local, county, state, and federal levels as design lead to secure new projects & contracts.
- Master's degree in Historic Preservation - Applied Sciences2009 - 2011School of the Art Institute of Chicago - Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design1999 - 2003Maryland Institute College of Art - Baltimore, Maryland