Verified Expert in Design
User Research Designer
Frauke is a senior UX designer with a background in psychology and a focus on user research (understanding the target group, their needs, and current behavior), information architecture (structuring content and processes), and interactive wireframes. She is a strong team player and has a very organized work style.
Freelance UX Designer/Consultant
- Helped the launch of a startup (fitness/yoga application) through user research, UX design, and visual design for the responsive online application.
- Shaped the strategy of one of Canada's largest tourist marketing associations through user research and UX design.
- Increased revenue for multiple eCommerce platforms through user research and UX strategy (improved check-out flows, improved findability of products through the navigation and filter concepts, improved product presentation).
- Increased the membership number of a sports association through heuristic evaluation and UX improvements (improved content strategy and information architecture).
- Reduced internal operation costs of a large data center organization with a concept for merging multiple managing systems and improving the UX and interface.
- Shaped the design strategy of one of North America's largest retailers through usability tests and improvement tactics.
- Improved the internal management system of a large financial institution through UX strategy, wireframes, and user research.
- Taught UX at Brainstation.
- Supported and mentored startups in India with a social entrepreneurship approach. Taught design principles and design thinking.
- Redesigned a large government portal and improved the user experience through a content audit, card sorting, renewed information architecture, and content strategy.
- Increased the revenue of a large travel booking platform through user research and UX design.
- Made UX improvements with continuous iterations for one of Canada's largest tourism platforms. Increased customer reach through responsive design and a mobile-first approach.
- Built and managed a style guide in Axure for interaction elements for internal use that increased the work efficiency of our team.
- Mentored junior UX designers.
Unic AG (Switzerland)
- Led the UX for the redesign project for one of Switzerland's largest insurance companies. Increased revenue and supported the marketing for new products.
- Led the UX for the redesign of a large educational platform (design university) with a focus on content strategy, information architecture, and interface design.
- Increased revenue through new customer reach by redesigning a platform for a big financial player (including responsive design).
- Designed and structured an intranet for one of Switzerland's largest public organizations (public transport) with a focus on information architecture and content sharing.
- Conducted in-house training on user research methods.
- Managed and led usability testing from beginning to end.
- Mentored UX for human-centered design at an IT university in Switzerland.
- Designed a mobile application for e-learning (internal usage in a banking company).
- Redesigned a pharmaceutical interface to control test machines.
- Designed a banking system for SMEs.
- Designed a mobile e-learning platform for one of Switzerland's largest banks.
- Conducted usability testing.
- Redesigned the eCommerce platform.
- Redesigned the online forms.
- Redesigned the shopping cart experience for customers.
- Reworked the internal testing process.
Central 1, Credit Union
- Redesigned an online banking system.
- Led the usability testing.
- Redesigned the internal testing processes.
- Designed a mobile application for e-banking.
- Redesigned an intranet.
- Conducted usability testing.
- Conducted user research (focus groups, diary studies, interviews).
- Designed a multimedia device.
- Designed a set-top box and interface design for a TV service.
- Redesigned the telecommunication service process (service design).
Consultant's Certificate in Usability
TU Berlin - Berlin
Diploma (Master's Equiv.) in Psychology - Human-Computer-Interaction
TU Darmstadt - Darmstadt, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
University Halle - Halle, Germany
Adult Workshop Facilitation