Verified Expert in Design
Mariano is a UX and UI leader and designer with over 12 years of experience crafting websites, apps, and digital products for some of the world's most notable brands. He enjoys combining user research, design, and technology into intuitive digital experiences that make a difference in people's lives.
Partner | Experience Director
Shadow Creative Collective
- Managed a team of contractors, including UX designers, UI designers, copywriters, developers, QA analysts, amongst others.
- Managed projects by paying strong attention to detail and involvement with clients to define business requirements, MVP, and deliverables.
- Employed a lean UX/UI design process and promotes strong collaboration between designers and developers, leveraging tools such as InVision, JIRA, GitHub, and Slack.
- Implemented a belief that it’s important to both coach and be hands-on through each phase of a project: discovery, UX, UI, development, testing, through launch and iterations.
- User Research & Testing: Validates design designs with proven research, also tests experiences to get real user feedback.
Chief Experience Officer
Advisor Innovation Labs
- Spent a year with a fintech startup to establish the foundation for them to build out their wealth management SaaS platform.
- Raised $6 million in funding by developing the product concept and prototype which we pitched to investors, closing the first round of funding.
- Built a product team by being actively involved in hiring, building, and coaching an agile product team of UX designers, UI designers, developers, product managers, a QA analyst, and off-site resources.
- Defined the product roadmap and worked with stakeholders to define the roadmap features and MVP.
- Architected and designed an app; led the team to produce the app’s architecture, UI/pattern library design, documentation, integration strategy, prototypes, user flows, research, and testing the approach.
- Defined UX the methodology by implementing a product design first approach—ensuring that the designers and developers alike have empathy for the users, and aligned technology stack to support that vision.
Senior Specialist, Creative
- Collaborated with retail brands to produce and implement design strategies and art direction for their e-commerce websites and marketing campaigns.
- Led the art direction for the design teams to create experiences aligning with clients’ brands and target demographic.
- Worked with the eBay Enterprise product innovation team to research, define, and introduced new front-end features on the EEP and Magento eCommerce platforms, such as a responsive front-end, a mobile-first approach, and docked product head.
- Managed and worked with third-party vendors such as MediaMind and PointRoll to launch ad campaigns.
- Served as a liaison between the UX/UI team and technology team—to ensure that the designs met technology requirements and the front-end retained the design integrity.
- Developed HTML prototypes for A/B testing in a usability lab with eye-tracking technology and a two way mirror.
- Led the art direction and maintained the company's website.
- Designed the UI features for the eMoney platform.
- Developed the syndicated marketing materials.
- Designed and developed the front end for microsites and websites.
- Designed and developed Flash banner ads.
- Collaborated with clients to develop design concepts which adhered to their brand guidelines.
- Worked with commercial directors to design story boards and concepts for TV commercials.
- Designed, developed, and maintained company website.
- Served as assistant editor on film projects.
- Designed the title sequences and motion graphics.
Completed Courses in Media Arts
Santa Fe CC - Santa Fe, NM, USA
Completed Courses in Media Arts
University of Colorado - Denver, CO, USA