Verified Expert in Design
Rafael is a design leader with over 15 years of experience, working in New York for Pentagram, Droga5, BBDO, and Dentsu. His design practice is often informed by the most relevant art, media, and tech innovations; his aesthetic is minimalist, engaging, and playful. Rafael has designed for Fortune 500 brands such as Aesop, Chobani, Diet Coke, J&J, Oral-B, and Under Armour. He holds degrees from leading institutions in Europe and the United States.
Oral-B Global Redesign
Those Who Play
- Designed user experiences, brand designs, patterns, icons, and typography; led concept ideation; and conducted visual research for clients.
- Researched and designed visual direction for established brands, including creative messaging, design, audience engagement, and affordance.
- Led ideation and execution efforts for social media campaigns, games, digital platforms, print materials, and products for Fortune 500 companies.
- Defined launch and communication strategies for new products for Fortune 500 companies in the US market.
Associate Creative Director
Saatchi & Saatchi New York
- Played a key role in the relaunch of the Oral-B website (oralb.com).
- Provided creative direction and consulted on the direction for images in all markets.
- Created component libraries for all aspects of the relaunch.
Art Director - Design Lead
360i (Dentsu) New York
- Designed and launched an online platform for Toyota's Collaborative Safety Research Center (CSRC).
- Designed and oversaw the production for the Toyota Mobility Foundation.
- Managed relationships and daily rapport with development and production teams.
Droga5 New York
- Contributed to the launch of an eCommerce platform and social media visual guidelines for Chobani in the US.
- Designed and launched a site campaign for Under Armour.
- Created and launched a campaign for Diet Coke in the US.
Senior Art Director
McGarryBowen New York
- Launched a global online advertising campaign for United Airlines.
- Played a key role in creating new business proposals that ultimately helped the agency win two new clients.
- Managed daily work and mentored a team of four writers and designers.
Senior Art Director
- Concepted and designed digital campaigns for AT&T, including email marketing, banners, microsites, and social media platform messages.
- Created digital campaigns for the Pepsi Super Bowl sponsorship event.
- Played a key role in new business development efforts for the agency.
Senior Art Director
Adrenalina (MDC Partners) New York
- Collaborated with a multidisciplinary team and translated creative concepts into digital media.
- Concepted, designed, executed, and presented projects and played a key role in design services for three new business clients.
- Identified a new market opportunity, developed the launch strategy, and led execution for a new, specialized agency in mobile media for Hispanic communities.
The 7th Art Group New York
- Developed material explorations for packaging and collaterals for real estate developers and luxury brands in the US and UAE.
- Designed and produced press ads, brand proposals, and high-end brochures.
- Designed presentations, website, and point of purchase solutions.
- Worked with clients including The Renwick, Mandarin Oriental, Isla Moda, and The Plaza residences.
SCPF (JWT) Barcelona
- Conceptualized ideas and researched visual references for global television and print ad campaigns.
- Participated in projects for Vodafone, Diageo Brands, BMW Auto, and others.
- Assisted with photoshoots to ensure alignment with client and brand needs.
Master of Science Degree in Communication Design
Pratt Institute - New York, NY, United States
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Advertising, Journalism, and Commercial Communication
University of Navarra - Pamplona, Spain
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring