Verified Expert in Design
Tom is a user experience lead who has defined experiences for global brands like Unilever and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and transformed many more in between. He has helped launch both startups in Asia and household names in the States. He takes a holistic approach to user experience, considering every interaction a user may have with a brand, from service to product design and content strategy to motion.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - App and Web
IWG Flexible Workspaces - Service Design, Web, and App
Axe Grooming Digital Transformation - Web
Principal Product Designer (contract)
- Served as the principal designer for the accommodations design team spread across Barcelona and London.
- Helped define and execute a product strategy to achieve the new company focus on overall “trip-planning”.
- Conducted large-scale quant studies and remote, moderated user testing to uncover user needs when discovering destinations.
- Helped unify multiple squads and stakeholders within the Accommodations tribe around a customer-centric vision.
User Experience Lead (Contract)
- Worked for over a year as UX lead on a new digital product for the Wizarding World (Harry Potter) franchise.
- Focused on key areas including product design, design strategy, and user research. All from conception through to build and iterations.
- Defined the strategy for a rewards system on the product.
- Worked closely with the content team to define content strategy and communicate different content types easily to the user.
- Helped define the different membership tiers on the product, from benefits to design.
- Contributed to a CX project in the flex workspace industry, conducting different research methods such as Service Safaris and stakeholder interviews during the vision stage.
Senior Experience Designer
- Worked on a number of digital transformation, service design, and innovation projects for leading global brands.
- Served as the UX lead for Axe (Lynx UK) account for over one year. Led the digital transformation and subsequent localisations and campaigns, winning multiple awards.
- Acted as the UX lead for Unilever’s Hair Care category. Created a UX framework to be adapted to each brands’ needs, including two new Unilever brands that we launched in the US in Summer ‘17.
- Led a team of 12 designers as part of hypermarket chain Carrefour's €2.8 billion digital investment.
- Served as the creative lead for an internationally owned start-up in Thailand that soon became one of the leading eCommerce sites in the country.
- Led the design, content and photography studio teams, pushing experiences across web, app, print, social, CRM, product shooting, branding, video and content.
- Worked with the creative team in developing a new platform for video creators.
- Led the fashion community on the platform with numerous marketing efforts to bring others onboard. In-depth research on Youtube culture and Gen Z.
- Led a team of around 15 community managers who handled different categories on the platform such as Music, Film, and News.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Literature
University of Southampton - Southampton, UK
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring