Zain ul Abidin
Verified Expert in Design
Zain is a highly experienced senior product designer with a strong background in designing digital products for various domains and industries, including edtech, fintech, SaaS, blockchain, and social platforms. During his productive career, he has developed a deep understanding of product and design thinking through his work on over 100 products. Zain has also demonstrated his leadership skills by successfully leading design teams for products with over a million users.
Mobile and Web App Design for Muslims App
TalentDeck | SaaS-based Product for Candidate Management
Product Design for Torque360 | Auto Repair Shop Management Software
Mezino | Directory Website Design for Blockchain Industry
Senior Product Designer
Online Freelance Talent Marketplace
- Implemented user retention and inbound conversion optimization strategies on the company's website, increasing the conversion rate from 2% to 9% and significantly improving user engagement and overall business performance.
- Directed design efforts for web and mobile applications on iOS and Android, managing research, testing, prototyping, and implementing new features and enhancements.
- Refreshed page layout designs and increased user retention and opt-in rate by 40%, significantly improving overall user engagement and conversion metrics.
- Discovered improvement points in the website's user experience to generate more traffic and have a higher lead conversion rate.
- Led the design and development of an applicant management system, optimizing internal processes for the supply team and creating significant efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Facilitated design sprints to uncover key insights, map out user journeys, develop wireframes, and produce high-fidelity designs that effectively addressed user needs and business objectives.
- Created a design system with extensive documentation for the product to ensure reusability and consistency throughout the design processes.
- Conducted extensive market research and benchmark analysis, leveraging tools such as SWOT analysis and UX analysis to gain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and identify key opportunities for product innovation and improvement.
- Collaborated closely with stakeholders and the product team and leveraged my expertise in user experience design to translate complex business requirements into intuitive and engaging interactive experiences.
- Drove the UX vision for the product with over 1,000,000 downloads on Google Play and App Store.
- Led the discovery of a new product, the Muslims app, from scratch, conducted user interviews, and mapped out a competitive landscape. Discovered high-value insights and converted these to features to add to the product.
- Fostered collaboration with brand and growth teams, contractors, and product managers. Closed the feedback loop while improving processes like design reviews, roadmap planning, and grooming. Elevated usability to world-class product aesthetics.
- Conducted the design sprints to discover usable insights for the product, delivered designs, and then conducted usability testing for design validation.
- Developed the best practices of UX design in collaboration with the product and design teams, delivering the best possible experience to the users.
- Improved key metrics such as user engagement time by 30 percent and reduced churn rate by 10 percent by improving the UX of the product.
- Designed new features, such as the moderation panel, allowing the content to be moderated throughout the platform based on user insights.
- Revamped the design to improve the product's overall usability and optimize metrics, leading to an overall 30 percent increase in average monthly active users.
- Contributed to the information architecture, user flows, and product design system, designing over 100 components.
- Organized and led remote stakeholder workshops. Collaborated with multiple globally distributed teams of designers, developers, and product owners.
- Defined scope, plan, and design pitch collateral in collaboration with the CEO and operations team, with attention to visual design, copywriting, core value propositions, problem statements, and general formatting.
- Conducted discovery meetings with stakeholders to discover users' underserved needs and make the product strategy user-centered, leading to an overall 20 percent increase in customer lifetime value and net promoter score (NPS) metrics.
- Discovered key insights and conceptualized them to form features. Designed those features, which became the product's most used features after implementation.
- Performed UX breakdown of competitor's products to growth hack in-house product development.
- Developed in-house digital product design expertise for UX design based on human-computer interaction (HCI) principles and a data-driven design approach. Established a design team by onboarding and training product designers.
- Designed dashboards to provide reporting insights to the users. These new value-added features increased the active monthly users by up to 20%.
- Established a design system for the product, increasing the reusability of the design components and reducing the development efforts by 30%.
- Set a user feedback channel on Slack for design validations and remote usability tests for the product.
- Defined product roadmaps based on hypothesizing, learning, building, and measuring feedback loops. Implemented Lean product development framework.
- Discovered improvement points regarding the user experience of the products to generate more traffic and get the website ranked better in the Google search algorithm.
- Created wireframes, developed user flows, and delivered high-fidelity designs.
- Designed mobile and web app interfaces and developed interactions to deliver the best experiences.
- Cooperated with international clients on UI components of new products.
- Collaborated with IBM to raise a $120,000 grant and get technical consultation to improve product performance.
- Engaged industrial design consultants to devise the right solution for the product's internal assembly and create a shock-absorbing damper to keep the cameras safe throughout the impact.
- Raised $100,000 in the equity offering round, uplifting the organization to a million-dollar evaluation. Developed a go-to-market strategy to create brand awareness and devised effective marketing strategies to generate leads.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
National University of Sciences and Technology - Islamabad, Pakistan
Foundations of Project Management
Product Analytics Certification
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring