Vice President2018 - 2018Accordion Partners
Focus areas: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Managed the due diligence process in buy-side M&A process, including coordination of all functions' investigations.
- Compiled findings and identified areas of concern, followed up with relevant team members and the target to close out issues.
- Built financial models for combined companies post-acquisition, including sales forecasts at the unit level for both base and upside cases and dynamic functionality to incorporate the effects of operating and cost synergies.
- Developed reporting tools on the transaction process for executive leadership and board.
- Created presentation templates, developed content, and managed the finished products for delivery to executive team and board.
- Worked with general counsel in reviewing, refining and negotiating the purchase agreement.
- Coordinated with all functions to ensure adequacy of representations and warranties of the target—helping to analyze the proposed payment structure and incorporate relevant dynamics into the document.
Senior Vice President, Healthcare Investment Banking2008 - 2017Ladenburg Thalmann
Focus areas: Investment Memoranda, Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Reverse Mergers, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Equity Financing
- Led the execution process for over 25 equity offerings, including Nasdaq-listed biotech IPO's and follow-on offerings, as well as private investment in public equity (PIPE) transactions. Notable transactions include Axsome Therapeutics IPO (2015) and Kindred Biosciences follow-on (2017). Worked with both domestic and foreign companies, including overseas listings.
- Managed the due diligence investigations and transaction process for reverse mergers on buy- and sell-side. Notable transactions include Paratek Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:PRTK, 2014) and Molecular Templates (Nasdaq:MTEM, 2017).
- Helped clients, on the buy-side, evaluate multiple proposals from candidates, analyze the financial merits of various options, and manage the documentation and closing process.
- Created, on the sell-side, marketing materials clients, coordinated diligence efforts of potential purchasers, and managed documentation and closing process.
- Assisted clients in building financial models and cash flow forecasts for use in determining future cash needs and financing strategies, as well as quantifying the use of proceeds in the transaction process.
- Developed investor presentations and other transaction marketing materials.
- Assisted companies in telling a cohesive and compelling story in order to successfully raise capital.
- Advised clients on financial alternatives, such as the most appropriate type of equity financing, expected terms of a proposed transaction, and weighing the options between additional fundraising and a strategic transaction.