Verified Expert in Finance
Anuj is a corporate finance expert with extensive experience in financial modeling, PE cash flows, FP&A, and equity research. He's worked closely with C-suite executives and investment professionals at a PE fund with an AUM of over $3 billion sponsored by institutes like the IMF and GIC. During the last six years, Anuj has helped multiple billion-dollar financial firms execute transactions worth over $1 billion, focusing on real estate, consumers, and the financial services industry.
Private Equity Fund Model (Investor Cash Flows)
Delivery Lead, Equity Research
Acuity Knowledge Partners
- Led a team of equity research associates in providing end-to-end support to a portfolio manager at a buy-side firm having an AUM of over $180 billion.
- Created long-term KPI-based industry and company-specific financial models in focused industries: financial services, real estate, consumers, and automobiles.
- Made a research project to enable data-oriented forecasting methods and applied that in the valuation model to come up with better forecasts during QTD periods. The database model aided the portfolio manager's sound and quick investment actions.
- Conducted a discounted cash flow valuation and carried out a financial analysis of the stocks, including a return analysis, sensitivity analysis, and risk assessment for around 20+ stocks in the coverage.
HDFC Property Ventures
- Assisted in opportunity identification and deal sourcing in the residential real estate sector and ended up with a cumulative deal pipeline of over $100 million in a year.
- Developed financial models and performed sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine the impact on growth plans, valuation, and returns on existing as well as proposed investments.
- Assisted in managing the due diligence process, including commercial, strategic, operational, financial, and legal due diligence.
- Built strategic exit options for an underperforming investment in a chain of resorts. Advised to club specific low growth resorts and sell them to another investor. Prepared deal presentations and carried out the valuation of individual properties.
- Oversaw the strategic initiatives under the CEO’s office for risk assessment and performance improvement in the company, including return and cash flow analysis at each fund and cost structure.
- Prepared a financial model to review the business performance in a quasi-equity investment of $16 million in a residential project and performed a valuation of resorts in an equity investment of $13 million in a chain of resorts.
Associate, Equity Research
- Provided complete research support in various areas, including equity research and credit research to one of the leading investment banks in the UAE region.
- Tracked Gulf region equities and analyzed fundamentals on a regular basis of over 25 large and mid-cap stocks spread over varied industries, including financial services, telecom, oil & gas, real estate, airlines, medical, and ceramics.
- Managed a team of two analysts that was responsible for creating and publishing daily and weekly equity market reports for the Dubai Financial Market and Abu Dhabi Exchange. The report included daily market behavior, commentary, news, and other stock market KPIs.
- Prepared company and sector-specific investment notes for quick snapshot analysis before including the stock in portfolio coverage. The notes covered the fundamental analysis, business performance, profitability, growth, and credit risk assessment.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
Shri Ram College of Commerce - New Delhi, Delhi, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring