Gustavo Pinto Guimaraes
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Gustavo is an expert in management consulting with extensive experience working with digital native tech companies and retail, energy, and telecom corporations. He combines strong analytical, abstract thinking, and problem-solving skills with a remarkable capacity to intersect strategic, product, and commercial perspectives. Gustavo is willing to bring his expertise to the Toptal network, engaging with new clients and helping them thrive in their businesses.
Principal Product Manager
- Led the development of a new pre-labeled dataset product expected to create a $20 million business line for Appen. Handled the market research, business case, customer testing, and go-to-market strategy.
- Spearheaded an end-to-end, cross-functional program to drive an additional $160 to $200 million in revenue from data collection activities. Led the market and user research activities to guide the product roadmap and new capability building.
- Managed roadmap and user experience improvements for Appen Mobile, the primary data collection tool for over 1 million collaborators globally.
Senior Strategy Manager, Digital Experience and Ecosystem
- Developed the strategy and led the discovery and design of a next-gen digital platform with expected traffic of 200 million monthly visits and yearly revenue of $6 billion. Led a cross-functional team of marketers, designers, and engineers.
- Co-owned the development of the Woolworth app, a main customer-facing digital asset with 1.5 million weekly users. Handled the definition of the product vision, key customer missions, feature roadmap, and marketing activities.
- Oversaw the digital content strategy to drive monthly traffic to owned channels by 80 million and $200 million in digital media revenue. I also identified and negotiated with content partners.
- Led the business case team implementing self-scanning check-out methods with scan and go technology to around 100 stores at a CAPEX investment of $30 million.
Sales Strategy and Operations Manager
- Led the merger of lines of business across APAC with combined global revenue of $4.5 billion. Defined the new operating model and established the target across different product and territory allocations.
- Spearheaded the regional strategy review with the strategy and business development teams, identifying new business revenue streams and areas for collaboration with the regional Microsoft team. Achieved a 30% growth in revenue year over year.
- Ran target setting, performance management, and identification of growth opportunities in Australia and New Zealand for the largest business line, LinkedIn Talent Solutions. Raised a $100 million revenue and forecasting accuracy from about 5% to 30%.
- Led the planning process and identified priorities for a global sales organization. Established the plan and quota and allocated 300,000+ accounts across over 50 sales representatives, leading to average yearly growth of 25% in revenue.
McKinsey & Company
- Evaluated cost reduction opportunities in the procurement of major equipment, such as distribution transformers, and services, like pole replacement and vegetation management, for an Australian trade and development company, saving up to 30%.
- Developed a board white paper for a regional electricity retailer, including an assessment of benefits from client experience transformation and a transformation roadmap.
- Evaluated cost reduction opportunities and designed and implemented value-capturing initiatives for a major ASX-listed telecom player as part of a major transformational program prompting $1 billion savings in two years.
- Assisted the pricing team from a downstream oil and gas client in assessing features of a proposed real-time automated pricing system for gas stations. Developed the playbook to be used by the automated system, leading to a 10% increase in revenue.
- Led the post-merger PMO for the Australian operations of a leading global technology company with combined global revenue of $30 billion. Granted the completion of different workstreams and capture of financial and operational synergies.
- Developed a bidding strategy for an above-rail train operator in a concentrated market environment. Assessed future demand and impact of regulation on business. Ran a workshop with the client's leadership team on game theory.
Exchange Program in Economics
University of California, Berkeley - Berkeley, CA
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Columbia Business School - New York, NY, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
The Product Strategy Sprint