Justin V. Calvillo
Verified Expert in Finance
Management Consulting Expert
Justin is a highly-motivated finance industry professional with extensive experience in establishing, financing, and leading new and high-growth ventures or products, driving strategy and continuous innovation, cultivating high-profile relationships, and exceeding top-level organic or inorganic growth objectives. He has extensive experience at the intersection of financing, payments, commerce, and technology, particularly fintech.
- Deployed an embedded trade receivables and payables financing platform that enabled the largest transaction platforms in the world, such as SAP Ariba, Coupa, Tradeshift, Oracle, and NetSuite, to process over $3.5 billion in transaction throughput.
- Led structuring of $1.15 billion multi-tranche trade receivables and payables finance funding facilities with private credit investment managers, specialty finance companies, and large multi-national money center banks.
- Forged partnerships with credit card issuers to offer card payment methods, capturing over 80% of interchange and merchant discount rate spread, decreasing risk, and increasing financing redemption.
- Delivered a financing platform for underbanked university buyers to procure, finance, and pay suppliers, such as Amazon Business, Office Depot, and Wesco, generating 15% purchase discounts, 1% early-pay discounts, term extension, and cost savings.
- Completed financing and merger or acquisition (M&A) transactions, resulting in hundreds of millions in capitalization, transaction value, and enterprise value increases for multiple high-growth technologies, media, and business services companies.
- Developed and implemented a strategy, including Salesforce, to further automate the origination and distribution functions, leading to material margin increases on all mandates for one of the largest global fund placement agents.
- Led viability assessments and relative comparisons of prospective investment candidates’ business strategies and operations, rationalizing over $200 million in investments for investors, including a $5.8 billion multi-stage venture capital firm.
- Produced and implemented a front office operating strategy, including business intelligence, marketing, sales, engagement delivery, and client satisfaction for a financial market executive search and advisory firm.
- Conceived and led the development and execution of go-to-market and M&A strategies for an enterprise agreement management business solution, deploying the offering in 12 offices to over 700 consultants for a $100 million technology development firm.
- Developed and executed a consolidation growth strategy that led to over $5 million in revenue and $2 million in profits annually from Fortune 1,000 customers with a $150,000 investment for an integrated marketing service company.
- Implemented a fast-growth selling platform for a home-entertainment distribution company, resulting in a 40% year-over-year increase. Overhauled front-office organization, processes, and systems resulting in a 60% increase in annual profits.
- Defined and implemented product and go-to-market strategies for a provider of enterprise software to manage agreements and intellectual capital of Fortune 1,000 firms, resulting in sales to leading firms.
- Launched and led the firm’s interactive marketing practice, generating over $2 million in incremental revenue from Fortune 500 clients for an integrated marketing and communication service firm.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Organizational Development and Business Administration
Vanderbilt University - Nashville, Tennessee, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring