Santiago Correa Cardona, CFA
Verified Expert in Finance
Santiago has been a finance professional since 2017. He is a CFA and excels in financial modeling and real estate finance. His areas of expertise include investments, financial modeling, and capital markets. As an added benefit for international companies, Santiago speaks fluently in English, Spanish, and French.
Acquisitions and Development Associate
- Structured the company's two largest new developments in Colombia, each for approximately $10 million.
- Developed a financial model to value existing projects and evaluate and propose exit alternatives to investors.
- Supported the creation of a new lifestyle residence concept to attract investors to the development projects and guests for the short-term rentals business.
- Developed a financial statement projections model to reflect the nature of the factoring business in Chile and Colombia, forecasted company cash flow, and performed an internal valuation of the company.
- Created a data model to understand the company's existing and potential client base. The output of the model was the basis for recurrent marketing campaigns that considerably broadened the company's client scope.
- Performed due diligence analysis on three prospect companies for M&A purposes, especially to identify strategic and financial issues for each potential deal.
Hipercept (now RealPage)
- Built complex financial models for Hipercept’s clients (mainly asset managers in the US and Canada), allowing them to evaluate real estate investment structures, return projections, waterfall compensations, debt schedules, and sensitivity scenarios.
- Performed quarterly valuations of over 100 real estate properties, using the discounted cash flow method.
- Structured data integration processes of the real estate modeling software into Hipercept's data warehouse service, using Microsoft SQL Server. The integrated data included financials, valuations, and return projections for each property.
Bachelor's Degree in International Business Administration
Pontifical Bolivarian University - Medellín, Colombia
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring