Verified Expert in Finance
Sid is a finance expert with 10 years of experience. He has advised institutions on 50+ stocks with a market cap aggregating $2 trillion. His deep valuation and due diligence expertise cover both developed and emerging markets across the consumer goods, real estate, technology, and retail sectors. Currently, Sid is overseeing his family investment office while leveraging his unique insights as both an owner and adviser to help clients attain their financial and operational objectives.
Investment Recommendation for a Specialty Chemicals Company
- Ideated and published differentiated, value-added equity research for clients on 25 stocks across food/broadline/hardline retailers, auto parts retailers, and the US housing landscape.
- Spearheaded primary (and follow-on) research of India's eCommerce industry, using primary sources to uncover, forecast, and analyze Walmart (Flipkart) and Amazon India financials, competitive positioning, and challenges.
- Led the research coverage of the first large, non-US equity for the consumer team, leveraging proprietary framework.
- Managed and mentored associates—primarily research, writing, and valuation (three-statement modeling and accretion/dilution analysis).
- Built and maintained updated earnings and industry dashboards.
- Spearheaded the primary research coverage of nine US public homebuilders with aggregate market cap of approximately $100 billion.
- Interacted regularly with C-level leaders; led strategic analysis and ad hoc projects to gain deeper insight into key sector trends; and developed relationships with real estate agents, local experts, and other industry participants.
- Used sector expertise to forecast quarterly and five-year (or longer) operating models for each builder with market benchmarks.
- Built upside and downside scenarios and refined the valuation framework (P/B driven by ROE).
- Added value to leading institutional investors through topical conference calls, bespoke events, and corporate access.
Investment Banking Associate
- Led a $135 million debt-funding transaction for the Indian government’s confidential banknote paper project.
- Conducted financial modeling and due diligence for a $60 million acquisition financing generating $600,000 in underwriting fees.
- Incorporated DCF and NPV to model detailed lease terms and structure IRR-enhancing commercial real estate transactions.
- Analyzed the credit profile and built financial models for debt deals aggregating $1.3 billion, including L&T ($230 million) and Reliance Industries ($700 million), propelling HDFC Bank from number 15 to number four in the Indian bond league table.
Lead Business Analyst
- Led the rollout of Tuition Aid, a financial aid assessment tool, incorporating advanced SQL and Excel skills to create daily financial/operational dashboards for investors. Tuition Aid contributed 10% to revenue in year one.
- Used advanced SQL to analyze parent and family data.
- Recommended process enhancements for data collection, invoicing, and call center operations.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance
New York University - New York, NY, USA
Master's Degree in Engineering
Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Mumbai - Mumbai, India
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring