Lead Product Manager2019 - PRESENTUpMetrics
- Collaborated with the engineering team to design a scalable architecture on top of AWS to support processing and visualizing large volumes of client data from various sources.
- Drove product from a pre-revenue prototype to $1 million ARR in six months post-launch.
- Led recruiting efforts for software engineers and designers to double the team size.
- Integrated usage analytics software (Mixpanel) to empower the team to make data-driven product decisions.
- Implemented and led an agile development process in Jira for a remote team of developers and designers.
- Conducted market analysis, competitor evaluation, and user research to identify unique solutions to serve to win over large clients.
- Developed wireframes and worked with designers on hi-fidelity mock-ups to maximize usability and speed to market.
- Collaborated with outreach and client success teams to support live demos to potential clients.
CEO and Product Lead2013 - PRESENTWearhaus
- Designed Bluetooth headphones and earbuds with wireless audio sharing technology and music streaming enabled mobile app to share playlists with friends.
- Raised $4.5 million in Seed and Series A venture funding to execute on vision to bring “social listening” to all audio devices.
- Led the conception, development, and release of two highly reviewed app-enabled hardware products under a tightly constrained $2 million budget.
- Drove go-to-market strategy with brand positioning, digital ads, retail programs, and media briefings. Generated positive reception from global press like Today, CNET, Buzzfeed, Engadget, Techcrunch, and Unbox Therapy.
- Recruited and managed a cross-functional team of 14 including engineering, design, and marketing across the Bay Area and Shenzhen offices with OKRs and agile processes.
- Defined top-level KPIs such as “time spent sharing” and “bundle sales”. Tripled metrics using growth strategies like user segmentation, A/B testing, and funnel optimization.
- Guided the company through a business model pivot to exit hardware and focus on our software-based Bluetooth audio sharing platform. Secured technology licensing deals with audio brands in 2019 that turned the business cashflow positive.
- Developed Android app with low-level Bluetooth SPP communication (headphone controls and firmware updates) and Spotify API integration.
- Architected robust song-suggestion system combining multi-platform mobile, backend, firmware, and music streaming technologies.