Verified Expert in Project Management
Ahmad has worked in the software development industry for more than 18 years, gaining experience in various technologies and tools. He participated in and managed multimillion-dollar projects in multiple fields, including GovTech, ERP, eCommerce, web portals, and business process management. Ahmad has experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies and continues to manage complex projects leading multinational remote teams.
Software Engineering Manager
El Mazeed Technology
- Joined the company as a software engineering manager, designing the solutions architecture and deciding on required team skills. I also built the development team.
- Wrote the technical proposal in response to the request for proposals. I reviewed and delivered formal and technical documents like the business requirements (BRD) and the Software Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Contributed to the processes' improvement of Mazeed and the preparation to be CMMI L3 certified. I guided the team to successful delivery to the client.
- Maintained quality service by enforcing organization quality assurance standards, determining customer needs, and developing plans for improving delivery.
- Recommended strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes. Identified problems and anticipated requirements.
- Accomplished financial objectives by forecasting requirements, scheduled expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
Network Intelligent Payment Solutions
- Led the development of a payment gateway between Abu Dhabi's Islamic Bank and government authorities through ATMs.
- Developed a service that integrates multiple payment protocols and services, including POS, mPOS machines, contactless cards, ATMs, CDM machines, eCommerce, and mobile payment applications.
- Managed my team remotely from Egypt. My team was located in Abu Dhabi, and its members were from different nationalities, including the USA, Eastern Europe, India, and the Middle East.
- Joined the project as a junior developer and progressed to senior developer. This was a career shift for me and my first job in the IT field.
- Participated in the analysis and development of an ERP solution, including various modules such as cash management, general ledger, cost centers, accounts receivable, fixed assets, cash flow, human resources, inventory, sales, and purchases.
- Handled the development of all systems reports using SAP Crystal Reports.
I led the development of the Strategy system, starting from writing the technical proposal, reviewing and approving the BRD and SRS, leading the development team, passing the cyber security audit, and the final delivery.
Then, I supervised and approved the writing of the official business documents and was engaged with the QA/QC teams during the development of the test cases. I engaged with the DevOps team during the preparation of the development and production environments. I designed the solution architecture and led the development team through the development phase until final delivery.
Since our client was a government entity, we had to work in a hybrid project management model. The contracting and the delivery to the customer were in a Waterfall model, while the internal development was in Agile.
Committees and Meeting Management
I guided the refactoring and porting of the committee's solution from .NET Framework to .NET 6. Led the development of multiple features and integrations with other systems.
The refactoring aimed to prepare the solution to be hosted in a Red Hat OpenStack platform in the private government cloud.
I managed two teams, one in Egypt and the other in Jordan. The team consisted of back-end, front-end, and mobile developers.
The project aims to service North America. The project includes two mobile applications. One Android application was developed for iOS for clients to search, sell, and buy cars. A web portal will be available for clients and an admin panel for management. Technologies used in this project include Kotlin, Swift, React, Ruby on Rails, and Elasticsearch.
Business Dimentions (ERP)
Helped build an ERP solution, contributing to the analysis and development processes involved.
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport (AAST) - Alexandria, Egypt
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring