Verified Expert in Project Management
Andras is a technical project manager and certified Scrum Master with a BSC in computer science and hands-on experience in software engineering and computer programming. Speaking both the language of development teams and the one of business allows Andras to be a credible and trusted bridge between clients and implementation teams. One of Andras' greatest strengths is this mix of technical expertise and ability to interact directly with business stakeholders.
Delivery Manager | Product Manager
Roam Creative Ltd.
- Managed the discovery phase of a product re-platforming, organized discovery workshops (premortem, product north star, wireframing, and so on), and conducted user interviews while documenting outcomes.
- Oversaw the development of a self-service portal (based on Salesforce with a custom UI) for a global group workout program provider. Used Scrum for the development sprints and Kanban during the bug fixing period.
- Facilitated scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and backlog refinement) and set up Jira workflows, boards, filters, rules, screens, and more.
- Managed and documented risks and decisions in Confluence, tracked the budget, and reported it to a steering group.
- Managed the development of a cross-platform mobile application for managing projects using Flutter.
- Managed the integration of Infinity (Triquestra's retail management system) into an SAP eCommerce solution for a big furniture retailer operating in Australia and New Zealand.
- Oversaw a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central-Infinity integration project for a liquor retailer in Auckland; worked in collaboration with the client's ERP solution partner.
- Led a team of 15—which included business analysts, solution architects, developers, and test analysts—in the continuous development of a leading fuel retailer's Infinity platform.
- Supported the Agile transformation of the organization by setting up a Jira cloud suite to meet the needs of the company’s operating model.
Agile Coach | Process Engineer
- Proactively initiated and facilitated process improvement sessions with the heads of engineering departments to increase efficiency and reduce lead times across the R&D.
- Set up the product and engineering requirement capturing and tracking processes using Jira and Structure while presenting the process and training the internal staff (over 100 engineers).
- Drove the initiative and actively worked on the creation of a product development checklist for project managers to assure quality, created how-tos for the company's knowledge base, and held presentations and training for internal staff.
- Introduced a hybrid model in product development (Waterfall for hardware and Scrum for software), coached staff, and acted as a Scrum Master.
- Coached management, including the CEO on Agile implementations (Scrum and Kanban) using Jira; also administered the company's Jira instance.
- Managed a product development project with hardware, embedded software and control software components with a team of five engineers.
POSSIBLE, Inc. (Today Wunderman Thompson)
- Managed the development of an intranet for one of the largest advertising companies in the world at that time, used by 150,000 people across the globe; also acted as a Scrum Master.
- Oversaw the development of a web application for a hotel chain in the US with a complex payment gateway, booking system. and CRM integrations; also acted as a Scrum Master.
- Led the development of a Pinterest-like web app for sharing best practices for a global leader in the aluminum industry; also acted as a Scrum Master.
- Introduced Jira to the studio and implemented the Scrum framework for my projects; later scaled Jira/Scrum within the company and coached other PMs on using them.
- Mentored two junior project managers at the company and oversaw the portfolio of projects of a key account.
- Managed the development of a custom web-based incident management system for a global aluminum industry leader built on the Microsoft stack and hosted on-premise.
- Oversaw the development of a web-based document and workflow management system for a central securities depository services company.
- Started to experiment with Agile and Scrum as a project manager.
- Mentored three foreign developer interns (students from Mexico, Russia, and Bulgaria).
Senior Software Engineer
- Involved in the development, testing and maintenance of a medical imaging software platform for a key German medical manufacturer as part of a global team of over 300.
- Served in a code reviewer role within the team with the responsibility of guiding junior software developers and explaining common programming pitfalls.
- Oversaw static code analysis within the team using PC-Lint.
- Wrote and ran unit tests for the implemented features using the NUnit framework.
- Ensured compliance with a strict quality assurance system (including code reviews, testing, impact analysis) due to the potentially life-threatening risks of a medical platform.
- Managed the development of a custom-made web-based recruitment application on a LAMP stack and presented it at a conference.
- Oversaw the development of a web analytics processing system producing daily, weekly and monthly figures from a huge web traffic data set.
- Attended project management training and held internal knowledge-sharing training sessions for the other team members.
- Managed the development of several custom web applications on the LAMP stack.
- Participated in requirement capturing sessions with clients and wrote requirement specification documents.
- Joined the company as a junior software developer and worked on two industrial applications for configuring special hardware devices for a German leader in automation and drives; quickly became a key player in the team.
- Had direct contacts with the German stakeholders discussing requirements and planning releases.
- Introduced the use of Visual SourceSafe into the development process and managed versions and releases from that point onwards.
Retail Management System Integration into an eCommerce Web Application
Managed the integration of Infinity (Triquestra's retail management system) into an SAP eCommerce solution for a big furniture retailer operating in Australia and New Zealand.
• Liaised with five other solution implementation partners (SAP eCommerce, order management, payment, and so on) within a large program.
• Reported to the program manager and high-level stakeholders.
Self-service Web Application for Managing Ongoing Subscriptions and Finding Work
Managed the development of a self-service portal for a global group workout program provider; users of the web app are able to manage their program subscriptions and licenses and find jobs based on their certifications.
• Used Scrum for the development sprints and Kanban during the bug-fixing period.
• Facilitated Scrum ceremonies which included sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and backlog refining.
• Set up and managed Jira workflows, boards, filters, rules, conditions, screens, and dashboards.
• Managed and documented risks and decisions in Confluence.
• Planned and tracked the budget and reported to a steering group.
Intranet for One of the Largest Advertising Companies in the World
Managed the development and maintenance of an intranet for one of the largest advertising companies in the world at that time used by 150,000 people across the globe.
The platform was built on Sitecore CMS, with a high availability infrastructure setup.
• Managed a team of seven (which included front-end and back-end engineers and UI designers) and used Scrum as a delivery framework.
• Acted as a Scrum Master.
Our 2-week sprints blended nicely with the biweekly deployment window of the client's IT team, so we were able to deliver small increments to the platform every two weeks. We also used CI/CD best practices and tools (Git, Git Workflow, Octopus, BrowserStack) for robust automated tests and smooth deployments.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca - Cluj-Napoca, Romania
AWS Partner Accreditation (Business and Digital)
Scrum Master Accredited Certification
International Scrum Institute
Situational Leadership Model (Hersey, Blanchard) Training
Ad Sidera Ltd.
PMI Project Management
Expertus Consulting Ltd.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring