Partner2019 - PRESENTSlalom Capital
- Conducted due diligence on the company deal flow to determine appropriate investment candidates.
- Managed the company's operations by utilizing QuickBooks, Trello, Pipedrive, and Pitchbook.
- Identified and built partnerships with like-minded businesses in the VC space.
- Sourced and recommended executive management teams and advisory board members for invested companies.
- Prepared back-office reports and analytics.
Regional Director2019 - 2020Arcurve
- Opened the Pacific Northwest office.
- Performed the initial selection, hiring, and management of the regional team involved in services projects.
- Oversaw and was accountable for engagement and relationship management for each of the clients.
- Worked on business development to identify new opportunities, including finding creative methods for new lead generation and lead tracking with Pipedrive and Netsuite.
- Conducted market research to identify potential areas to focus marketing and sales efforts.
Chief Operations Officer2017 - 2019Nine Dynamics
- Created branding and market positioning for a new fintech startup in the investment analysis space. This included logo, website design and development, and market research. Photoshop, Illustrator, and Jetbrains were all used.
- Gained $2 million in investment capital to fund the startup through the initial growth phase.
- Developed the business strategy, business plan, and operations and tactical planning to keep the company on schedule. Utilized Trello for ongoing business activity tracking.
- Organized and chaired board activities and investor updates.
- Managed business operations by utilizing QuickBooks.
- Setup and maintained customer lead and drip campaign marketing through HubSpot.
Portfolio Manager2015 - 2018Shaw
- Created and managed a $40-million digital transformation portfolio plan (multiple programs) to deliver key self-serve capabilities to large-cap companies' customers.
- Staffed and managed the performance of the project management staff required to deliver the portfolio results.
- Created a multi-year budget plan and managed the $40-million portfolio to within 5% of the overall plan.
- Identified areas for partners and completed the vendor selection and subsequent management for the portfolio (seven key partners).
- Created and served as the ongoing chair of the delivery governance committee overseeing the digital transformation activities.
- Helped to lead the governance committee through the mind-shift to cloud migration, micro-service architecture, and DevOps strategies (AWS, Docker).
Program Manager2012 - 2015TC Energy
- Created and managed a program schedule to deliver the technology solution for the scheduling and operations of a major transcontinental pipeline.
- Planned and managed the budget for a $25-million program.
- Selected, hired, and managed the technology teams including architects, developers, business analysts, quality analysts, and support members.
- Ensured the agile delivery methodology was carried out efficiently.
- Chaired the delivery governance committee overseeing the program schedule, budget, and scope. The program was delivered on time for the major linefill activities of the pipeline.
Risk and Project Quality Manager2011 - 2012ICBC
- Coordinated and refined the risk management process for a $400-million business transformation program.
- Developed and refined a project quality assurance process to proactively look for areas of risk and program intersection.
- Took stewardship of project management and agile delivery best practices.
- Developed and presented risk management reporting for the board of directors and external auditors.
- Coordinated and managed the ongoing external quality audit process with a big-five management consulting firm.
Senior Project Manager2006 - 2011TC Energy
- Mentored and guided 12 project managers through a program of project health overviews. This program proactively identified all risks in the portfolio before they became issues.
- Implemented agile project management of custom-developed applications ($1-5-million budgets) for gas storage and oil pipeline management.
- Supplied ERP project management for a $5-million Dynamics AX implementation. The program was rolled out with successful change management.
- Generated custom off-the-shelf project management for several $1-3-million projects.
- Planned and managed budgets for up to five projects at a time.
Project Manager2003 - 2005Bell
- Successfully delivered a $2-million program of small initiatives the company had previously struggled to find a delivery plan for; it was delivered through the agile methodology.
- Acted as a scrum master for several custom development initiatives.
- Managed the project of an exchange server upgrade.
- Planned and managed the budget.
- Hired and implemented the performance management of business analysis and quality assurance staff.
Manager, Project Management Office2001 - 2003Enmax
- Developed a project selection scoring funnel to help filter opportunities and reduce the number of active projects.
- Created a program level dashboard for effective executive communication and management information.
- Managed program level risk.
- Oversaw hiring and performance.
- Provided program-level budget planning and management services.
Analyst2000 - 2001BearingPoint
- Created project management white papers to commercialize an academic project management process.
- Conducted industry research on best practices in project management.
- Assisted in the management of a PMO for a large B2B telecommunications company launch.
- Contributed to the facilitation of project management training courses delivered to clients.
- Worked with the University of Calgary to develop course material for students of project management.