Verified Expert in Project Management
Andy brings a decade-long track record of delivering digital publishing projects for marquee clients like Poynter and Stanford. He leverages his passion for Agile, robust technical background, and seasoned managerial skills to shepherd digital projects to success. His veteran approach is high-touch, radically transparent, and focused on outcomes.
Freelance Project Management Consultant
- Rebuilt the project management processes for a range of clients to improve scalability, throughput, and reliability. Client roster includes a SaaS company, a full-service digital agency, and a growth agency.
Director of Digital Project Management
- Delivered on over $6 million in digital projects. Oversaw a team of project managers with a portfolio of approximately 25 active clients and engagements over $100,000.
- Implemented cutting-edge industry practices in estimation, sales, and project control including reference class forecasting, value-based pricing, and a customized, streamlined blend of Scrum and Kanban.
- Promoted to managing director as a result of outstanding performance.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed over $1 million in digital projects, including a refreshed web presence for the Museum of Contemporary Art, in Denver, Colorado, and a unified digital experience for the Poynter Institute. Responsibilities included end-to-end project management, facilitating and shaping planning, design, development, and deployment.
- Refined Aten’s design and development process by overseeing a transition to small, cross-functional teams, and implementing various Agile-friendly practices.
- Promoted to senior project manager, after high-value external and internal success.
Vice President of Web
- Oversaw high-value projects for several of Hawaii’s industry leaders, including Ko Olina Resorts and Big Island Candies.
- Implemented Scrum and other process improvements such as standardized project charters, information architecture documents, and lightweight design deliverables and prototypes.
- Received two promotions, from senior developer (a purely programming role) to director, and then to Vice President of Web.
Freelance Developer and Project Manager
- Acquired, developed, and launched over $300,000 worth of projects.
- Developed custom sites and applications for a range of clients acting as both programmer and project manager. Clients praised me for being able to speak “English” while also being technically proficient.
Web App: Kaplan's Connect for Learning
I was brought in to right the ship of a $600,000+ web app engagement that built math learning games and got off course.
A combination of people skills, hard-won intuition, and a rigorous Scrum practice, enabled me to turn this multifaceted project around and bring it to a successful close. Components included a marketing website, an iPhone and Android app, and most importantly, a web app for children, administrators, and educational researchers.
Our team delivered to researchers the ability to build custom reports on data collected on the children's usage of the web and mobile apps, as well as the web and mobile apps the children themselves used.
Stanford Parking & Transportation Services Web Redesign and Redevelopmenthttps://transportation.stanford.edu
Managed the overhaul of Stanford's Parking & Transportation Services' web presence including Stanford's first Drupal 8 theme.
Mobile App for Hawaiian Resorthttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ko-olina-resort/id989460443?mt=8
I led the scoping, sale, development, and delivery of a location-based companion app for Hawaii's Ko Olina resort.
Redesign and Migration of Poynter Web Experiencehttps://poynter.org
Led the half-million dollar engagement to migrate hundreds of thousands of pieces of content to a new CMS.
Web App: Custom LMS for Real Estate Continuing Educationhttps://www.realestatecehawaii.com/
I oversaw the design, build, and launch of a custom, Drupal-based LMS for one of Hawaii's leading real estate educators.
MCA Denver, Refresh of Web Presencehttps://mcadenver.org
Scoped, sold, and managed the $350,000 delivery of a brand new web presence for the Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems
Oral Roberts University - Tulsa, OK, USA