Senior Project Manager and Product Manager2019 - 2021Arcurve
- Led and coordinated four teams of developers, testers, and DevOps personnel as project manager.
- Managed government, oil and gas, fitness, eCommerce and telecom projects—ranging in size from teams of two to six and budgets from $500,000 up to $1 million per year.
- Owned product development, technical stack validation, and go-to-market launch as the product owner for startups.
Project Manager2019 - 2019Client (via Toptal)
- Led and managed a successful Toptal Lightning Start project for a client. The product was focused on course and professor ratings for universities both within the US and Canada with revenue based on advertising.
Senior Project Manager2018 - 2019Glacier Media Group
- Led and managed a team to rebuild a back end for a major agriculture classifieds website to resolve performance issues and build out new features to support new revenue streams.
- Engaged with business users to do a gap analysis to determine current and future states with complex process mapping to streamline print production of the largest revenue-generating product.
- Developed business cases for new projects and liaised with business stakeholders for direction and approvals.
Senior Project Manager2018 - 2018University of British Columbia
- Led the effort to develop and implement a governance framework for a platform service serving UBC's community across all faculties and departments.
- Reached out to the community and facilitated discussions and consensuses.
- Developed business case for GitHub campus wide implementation, ITOps support and release management across all faculties and departments.
Senior Business Analyst2017 - 2017Colliers International
- Led and coordinated BA team activities, implemented toolset (Confluence and Jira).
- Handled a gap analysis on complex commission calculations for sales, lease, consulting (and others) which impact all outgoing payments made (weekly average of $1.5 million) to brokers.
- Analyzed a critical functionality to replace an aging system used to manage transactions for all of North America ($300 million+ annually).
- Mentored junior BAs on agile process and user research.
Product Manager2016 - 2017AMZ Tracker
- Served as a product manager of a keyword research tool.
- Launched version 1 within two weeks and rolled out to 9,000+ VIP customers.
- Built out onboarding and customer research sequences using YesInsights, Intercom, and Zapier ( and automated 90% of the existing process) and payments processed through Shopify.
- Managed development using agile/scrum methodology.
Project Manager2016 - 2016University of British Columbia
- Led market research (outreach to 180 vendors) to determine the existing and key technology trends in the higher education market.
- Identified a major shift in the market that was then rolled into the scope of the largest IT project on campus (which is replacing all major systems such as financial, HR, student management, and more with a budget of $500 million+.
- Worked as part of the team that built business cases for the largest project on campus.
Project Lead2015 - 2015Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
- Led test on a critical, highly visible $75 million data transformation project.
- Worked in a highly risky and complex environment involving multiple systems, development teams, and large data sets.
- Mentored and managed the test team and provided the strategy and approach.
Project Manager2014 - 2015Centrica Energy
- Led the analysis team on replacing a legacy procurement application with a SaaS alternative.
- Managed the team’s daily schedules and activities.
- Handled facilitation and engagement with user community.
- Produced requirements, impact assessments and data integration documentation.
Project Manager2013 - 2014Focus Forums
- Managed several projects centered on building out and deploying a new eCommerce solution leveraging Shopify.
- Retrofitted the existing toolset, including new tools to build out the process for fast and unbroken deployments, better communication within the team and clarity around requirements.
- Worked closely with senior management to ensure alignment with company goals and objectives.
Program Lead2012 - 2013Shaw Communications
- Led testing on a large-scale, $10 million, mission-critical platform replacement for 150,000+ business clients.
- Handled contract additions to define and mediate any and all work engagement with assigned vendor, this included defining all aspects of the test practice to be used within the program and for all projects.
- Managed four separate test teams to provide comprehensive test coverage in the following specialization areas: performance, security, functional and UAT.
Project Manager2012 - 2012Public Guardian & Trustee
- Worked as a project manager for a provincial government ministry that protects the legal, financial, and healthcare rights of the young and elderly that have no one to represent them. They manage over a billion dollars in assets.
- Refactored and developed over 100+ necessary test cases, scheduled users, and managed UAT from start to finish.
- Handled a time-critical UAT for 30+ users across all levels within the company to ensure the timely meeting of legislated deadlines (eliminating the potentially large fines for a late deployment).
Business Analyst2011 - 2012Public Guardian & Trustee
- Redesigned existing service delivery performance process measures for yearly reports for government ministry focused on providing legal and investment services to British Columbian citizens.
- Reduced process complexity for generating measures for yearly reports forby 40% and integrated previously manual activities into the CASE application.
- Engaged with business stakeholders (lawyers, investment managers, case management staff) to gather requirements and process flows.
Business Analyst2011 - 2012Provincial Health Care Authorities
- Assessed the team’s process around testing.
- Evaluated the methodology, using TMMI’s model, and provided packaged feedback.
- Facilitated quick wins for immediate implementation, a better process around testing, documentation (including checklists, custom templates), and training on communication and feedback.
Business Analyst2008 - 2011Fujitsu Consulting
- Analyzed the refactoring of the exam marking process.
- Worked with technical lead to simplify from 38 to nine steps to reduce the capturing of marks from five minutes to two seconds per sheet (10,000+ sheets are processed each quarter).
- Redesigned exam inventory management to better accommodate fraud detection for both onsite and offsite storage locations.
- Engaged with business stakeholders to gather requirements and process flows.
QA Manager2004 - 2007Jam Warehouse Software
- Implemented test practices across 34 projects serving both local and international clients.
- Built the team, processes, hardware, and agile methodology to provide testing services to all projects within the company.
- Made extensive use of automation to provide rapid and consistent testing results.