VP of Engineering2019 - PRESENTAurea
- Managed a team of ~30 people and a development budget of ~$3M/year focused on migrating monolith Java projects to AWS.
- Steered the development efforts for applications having 10M+ page views/day, $10M+ hosting costs/year. Hands on experience with Java, Python, Amazon Web Services .
- Actively involved in the team’s decisions in terms of architecture, infrastructure, and operations, applying the best and latest global technologies. Continuously deep diving to understand of the platforms capabilities and underlying technologies.
- Built high quality systems by empowering engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigor through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices.
- Improved the velocity of production releases by 55%, delivery of maintenance units by 60%.
- Supervised the yearly delivery of 1500+ development units, 600+ different production releases.
- Involved in 300+ system incidents/year, overseeing root cause analysis and fixes implementation. Reduced the number of incidents by more than 50% YoY.
Head of Program Management2016 - 2019Optiva, via an online freelance agency
- Directly managed a team of 6-8 remote project managers.
- Supervised the development of 100+ projects per year.
- Delivered projects with an engineering department of ~100 people.
- Created the PM team from zero, implementing metrics to track project performance.
- Reported to senior management on a weekly basis, a first with manual reporting and then automating reports as much as possible.
Consultant, Project Manager, Business Unit Head2014 - 2016Telekom Romania
- Led a "Payments" business unit, started several initiatives and created business cases to support each of them.
- Held several management and board of directors presentations per month, to outline new proposals and report on current initiatives updates.
- Managed several initiatives across 2 years, with a development cost of several million euros and estimated revenues of €50+ million over a period of several years.
- Created detailed project plans and supervised the implementation process for each new project.
- Successfully created a new banking business unit, integrated it with existing processes in a company with 7,000+ employees.
Implementation, Product and Marketing Manager2012 - 2014PayU Romania
- Expanded the product range from less than 5 products by creating 10+ new products.
- Managed a team of two experts involved in project management and implementation. Worked on all the initiatives from initiation and business case creation phase through project development and implementation.
- Expanded the customer base, moving from one customer providing more than 50% of the revenues to several big customers, neither being more than 20%.
- Managed the implementation of the first major reshapes of the payments user experience, combining several products into a much simpler UX.
Founder/Head of Project Management2004 - 2012Web Studio Company
- Created and managed remote teams of 20+ individual contractors.
- Managed 100+ projects in several years, while maintaining a customer average satisfaction above 9/10.
- Kept the team in the top 100 teams worldwide, from a total of 300,000 companies/teams in the marketplace.
- Managed all the ongoing projects including assigning work to the various teams (UI, dev, DBA); creating work breakdown items for the development team; tracking each work item, removing blockers, and ensuring that it gets done on time/on budget.