Verified Expert in Project Management
Dimitrios has a solid foundation in software development, having been an active member as a software developer, engineering manager, and test manager in the different projects he has led. He has a solid foundation in managing projects on both planned environments, where requirements are generally known, and unplanned ones, where a discovery-driven approach coupled with agile execution is mandatory.
Senior Agile Delivery Manager
- Supervised development teams and created delivery schedules.
- Conducted the agile transformation of the teams and onboarded technical standards of system quality such as ISO/IEC 9126.
- Conducted project discovery and system design with engineering and product.
- Built the cybersecurity capability of the organization (drafting policies, optimizing processes and procedures) in accordance with ISO 27001.
- Introduced risk management (through FMEA) and trade-off analysis (through ISO/IEC-9126).
Senior Manager, IT, Project Management
- Drafted and put in effect the first agile fixed-price contract for a new mobility platform.
- Drafted and put in effect IT operations contracts for multiple in-house and outsourced entities for a new mobility service, Global Reporting.
- Managed the software construction and integration of the mobility services portal with Siemens' mobility department.
- Conducted vendor management for the new mobility center B2B service.
- Designed and executed vendor selection (from RFP authoring to vendor selection).
Senior Manager, New Product Development, Program Management
Unify (formerly Siemens Enterprise Communications)
- Worked as head of PMO for the R7D of new product development, managed the realization of products (between $4 million and $15 million), typically managing resource allocation, risk of time to market, and intellectual property.
- Managed the technical aspects of the OEM partnership with IBM and the activities to export the product from the US (export control).
- Increased efficiency of the company-wide vulnerability management process.
- Worked as head of PMO of the first SaaS product (Circuit) that Unify brought to market, competing with Slack and Cisco. Project managed a team of 120 engineers (software developers, test engineers, system engineers).
Siemens IT Solutions & Services
- Coached and mentored a team of five developers and worked with the team to conduct system design of features, code reviews, and review of quality system attributes.
- Designed the software architecture of the internationalization strategy of a portal in .NET.
- Managed the project team delivering training to ECDC and delivered professional training.
Senior Engineer (Network Management and Subscriber Management Products)
Nokia Siemens Netwroks
- Released management of the network and subscriber management products for the ITU/ETSI variants.
- Coached and mentored a team of three engineers who worked together to conduct system design and effort estimation. Supported development as needed, the definition of development tests, and conducted code reviews.
- Liaised with the global vendor support for problems found by customers.
- Extended the architecture of the network management product to deliver new project needs.
Led the discovery, design, and implementation of a new service in the platform, under very strict timelines.
Cybersecurity in Betvictor
Led a team of directors through the activities to increase Betvictor's cybersecurity stance.
Enhancing the Virtual Sports Offering
Led the digital implementation of revamping the virtual offerings product with a new development site in Portugal.
Delivered the company's first SaaS with a team of 150 engineers in 5 locations in the world through scaled Agile principles.
The complexity of the endeavor was not only on the service design side but on the engineering as well, given that new technologies that were part of the business scope, the project management transformation towards agile project management on top of the standard activities (e.g., export control from multiple countries, intellectual property classification, patent auditing, legal auditing, etc.).
B2B Mobility Portal
Working under extremely tight deadlines, delivered the first digital B2B integration between Sixt Leasing and Siemens.
1. Sixt Leasing had never entirely performed a complete business process integration with one of its customers to the degree that Siemens required
2. Setting up a new outsourcing partnership with two vendors, moving away from the traditional fixed-price contracts by creating the first agile fixed-price contract in Sixt Leasing.
3. The scope of change for Sixt Leasing was diverse and deep because part of this partnership with Siemens meant that Sixt Leasing was moving away from the traditional business model of offering managed services towards a business model of customer self-service.
The delivery was happening under stringent deadlines to facilitate the customer's organizational restructuring journey (as they removed the automotive mobility function from their organization).
IBM OEM V1 - Enriching Sametime with VoIP and Conferencinghttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Sametime
Working with Unify, the first OEM partnership with IBM, in product delivery that was 11 months late to its commercialization.
It was already two months late when I joined the IBM OEM project. Working diligently with IBM and stakeholders inside Unify, we moved to an agile delivery cycle, integrating further with the four labs that IBM operated worldwide and providing direct R&D-to-R&D support in realizing the product.
After nine months of roughly 20 deliveries and almost 700 issues identified during the product integration activities, procurement activities that required exporting Unify's software from US instead of Germany, coordinating with the two companies' legal departments to ensure compliance to open source licenses and intellectual property laws, IBM Sametime's organization made General Availability in July 2009 and reached competitive parity with Microsoft.
ECDC Training Professional Serviceshttps://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/european-surveillance-system-tessy
Coached junior trainers to provide training to the ECDC on the and how member countries would achieve data integration.
As part of the overall activity, a team of eight trainers was tasked to provide professional training to ECDC in the organization's first attempt to achieve digital data integration with the member states.
The professional training held a substantial symbolic role due to the number of decision authority personnel participating in the activity, and the challenge lay in achieving the educational needs of ECDC and solidifying its role as the leading authority of data ownership of disease control and prevention in Europe.
The trainers' team made a remarkable achievement, surpassing the quality expectations of ECDC and impressing the member states' representatives with the outcome's quality, which solidified ECDC's training program with Siemens Greece as their partner of choice.
Master's Degree in Distributed Systems and Networks
University of Kent - Kent, United Kingdom
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Piraeus - Piraeus, Greece
Six Sigma Black Belt
University System of Georgia
Strategic Leadership and Management
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Coursera - Stanford