Verified Expert in Project Management
Don is a veteran project manager with over 25 years of experience in all phases of the software lifecycle delivering projects using Agile Scrum. He decomposed a monolith into a microservice, led the move of a large on-premises application to Azure cloud, and developed an HR management app used worldwide. He has a master's degree in applied computer science and several certifications. Don's roles have included technical lead, application architect, system administrator, and agile project manager.
Agile Project Manager
- Served as project manager for four scrum teams, consisting of 36 people.
- Served as the scrum master on an 8-person scrum team.
- Decomposed a monolith into a microservice as the enterprise architect.
- Led the move of a large on-premises application to the Azure cloud.
- Acted as scrum master and developer on an 8-person scrum team.
- Designed and developed a human resource management application used worldwide.
- Mentored entry-level software developers and system administrators.
- Selected team developers, ensuring that the project had the correct skillset mix.
- Set up a scrum team consisting of seven members across different time zones.
- Designed the architecture for a new supply chain application hosted in Azure cloud.
- Introduced agile and scrum concepts to the clients on their first agile project.
- Coached the scrum team and scrum master, leading to a successful implementation of the agile scrum process.
- Coached an 8-person team as it moved from a waterfall to an agile process.
- Set up the initial scrum projects and mentored the team on scrum methodologies.
- Led the team in the conversion of an MVC application to RESTful API architecture.
- Served as a developer on a supply chain management application.
- Architected the back-end design that would be implemented by a team of four developers.
- Led the conversion of a web application from classic ASP to ASP.NET.
- Served as the application architect on a large supply chain management application.
- Managed the work of a 12-person development team.
- Acted as liaison with the subject matter experts and requirement writers.
- Led the effort to certify our developer project as CMMI level 4.
Intergraph Government Solutions
- Led a team of nine developers in the creation and deployment of a supply chain web-based application.
- Managed the work of two Oracle DBA and three system administrators.
- Mentored developers on object oriented development techniques.
- Began as a software developer and rose to firm partner in three years.
- Managed multiple projects across several industries.
- Acted as the primary customer liaison for several bespoke software applications.
- Acted as project manager and software architect for a compliance tracking application for an aircraft engine manufacturing facility.
- Served as software architect and customer liaison for a manufacturing and packaging application.
- Led the implementation and integration of a supply chain management software package.
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Served as system administrator for a medical billing application.
- Created and debugged scripts to automatically provision servers.
- Provided user support for a Unix operating system.
Onboarding Human Resource Application
Launched and managed several releases of an application that supports new employee onboarding.
Human Resource Application Suite
Led the transition from monolith to microservice for a group of human resource applications.
Supply Chain Application Cloud Migration
Managed the redesign of an on-premises application as it was moved to the cloud.
Master's Degree in Applied Computer Science
Columbus State University - Columbus, Georgia, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Georgia College and State University - Milledgevill, Georgia, USA
Associate's Degree in Business Administration
Macon State College - Macon, Georgia, USA
Advanced Certified Scrum Developer (A-CSD)
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring