Project Management Consultant2021 - 2021EMI Advisors
- Worked with the company owners to develop a Project Management Office (PMO) charter whose purpose was to authorize the PMO and set future strategies. Met with key stakeholders from various healthcare sectors.
- Established a PMO, including structure, templates, standard operating procedures, and tool selection.
- Coached a project manager in her day-to-day work and stakeholder engagement.
- Received a LinkedIn recommendation for operations manager.
Project Management Consultant2020 - 2021Spin
- Managed project to migrate Zendesk help desk to Jira. Led the team and did hands-on administrative work in Jira. Liaised with HR and the initial primary recipients. Handled change management and scrum master roles.
- Managed a project to integrate a Workday cloud for a customer to replace their current payroll and benefits system. Managed the team and liaised with HR, the primary beneficiary. Provided a schedule in Smartsheet and managed week-to-week sprints.
- Managed miscellaneous projects as needed—oversaw the creation of policies for RFP and SOC2; ran meetings for the project to bring networking and security to warehouses.
Project Management Consultant2020 - 2020Toptal Client
- Set up a program management office for a Middle Eastern telecommunications company. Established maturity level, provided guidance and direction. Created a PMO charter and governance model. Achieved Level 2 in three months.
- Ran planning workshops, performed gap analysis, created or revised templates, standard operating procedures, maintained schedule and risk register. Also, determined initial PMP services and project manager audit procedure.
- Worked with strategy group and IT director to establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for projects and programs. Also, determined KPIs and initiatives to reach each level of the maturity model.
- Made presentations to senior management and project managers before roll-out.
Project Managment Consultant2020 - 2020Oriel STAT A MATRIX
- Managed a remote team of 20 internal SMEs to expedite remediation and transfer critical documents to a Fortune 500 medical device company. The goal was to remediate products to meet 2021 EU regulations and on a budget of $45 million.
- Coordinated the necessary tasks and held meetings to remediate all files required to meet regulations, including clinical evaluation reports, risk management files, general safety, performance requirements, and technical documentation.
- Created the project plans for the oversight of all resource and activity scheduling using Microsoft Project.
- Received a LinkedIn recommendation from the program manager.
Agile Project Manager2018 - 2019Pegasystems
- Managed key cloud migration projects and coached teams in a mix of Waterfall, hybrid, and Scrum projects.
- Drove an effort to develop a supportive PMO and dashboard-driven portfolio management system. Ran planning workshops and met regularly with VPs to coordinate and prioritize projects. The tools used were Excel and the BI tool, ClicData.
- Managed the vendor relationship with AWS for key government cybersecurity certifications such as FedRAMP.
- Managed the resolution of several troubled projects with significant customers. Ran daily meetings with key stakeholders and team members to ensure they were aware of all issues. Tracked all issues to resolution in Excel and in-house databases.
Project Management Consultant2003 - 2019Action for Results
- Facilitated international and domestic workshops to establish schedules, risk registers, and issues lists in planning for drug development. Projects had multi-million dollar budgets. Customers included Baxter International, AMO, Allergan, and Takeda.
- Mentored new project managers who had previous experience only as scientists. Met with them regularly and trained them on project management best practices.
- Ran medical device projects after kick-off and before handing them off to in-house PMs. Set up an initial schedule using Microsoft Project. Also established risk registers and issues lists.
- Provided project management training (PMP certification) for project managers and scientists at pharmaceutical firms.
- Provided in-house consulting services for AFR, including project management courseware development and leading and directing website development.
- Oversaw the website development for the company, including directing the vendor, software developers, and voice actors (for videos). Triaged bugs and provided initial technical support.
Agile Project Manager2017 - 2018Fidelity Investments
- Acted as Scrum Master and Agile coach for the IT team, supporting the Fidelity real estate division. Helped to instill Scrum best practices, including sprint reviews and team retrospectives.
- Ran Agile and Scrum projects for various real estate projects requiring the use and analysis of big data, including tracking employee space usage, movement of art pieces, and opening of new facilities. Created charters and managed Jira for each one.
- Provided Agile and Scrum training for senior management of the Fidelity real estate division.
Project Management Instructor2012 - 2018Project Management Academy
- Provided professional project manager (PMP) training for students in public and private, including in-house settings. For the past eight years, I have taught over 1,000 students in person and by virtual settings.
- Wrote more than 200 practice exam questions for students, which simulated the actual PMP exam.
- Contributed to the development of courseware for training. Created slides and reviewed all courseware materials.
Project Management Consultant2016 - 2016Fidelity Investments
- Established a project management office (PMO) for a professional services division encompassing both traditional and Agile methodologies. Created a repository for all templates and established best practices procedures.
- Established a method of auditing project managers to ensure that they were adhering to PM best practices.
- Facilitated teams in software development projects as a Scrum Master.
Project Management Consultant2012 - 2012Scient Federal Credit Union
- Managed the project for the credit union to rebrand everything from their website to business cards to signage. Oversaw a team of 30 employees, including HR managers, loan processors, and two vendors. The project was launched on time and on budget.
- Set up regular weekly remote meetings to gather information from various departments (loan, mortgage, and more) to build a Microsoft Project schedule.
- Initiated weekly status meetings and mentored a junior project manager to take over the role later in the project.