TELUS Optik Smart Remote — Enterprise White Label and Implementation Project
Led the design, development, launch, and operation of a successful white label and integration project for the TELUS Opitik IPTV service.
TELUS Optik Smart Remote apps for iOS and Android were powered by the i.TV platform and offered TELUS Optik IPTV customers TV guide (EPG), DVR control, TV remote control, and rich TV metadata for all TV shows available through the service.
I led the product development and integration team at i.TV to build and deploy a white label version of the i.TV Platform to TELUS Optik IPTV customers.
• Built and led a dedicated agile product development and integration team to customize the i.TV platform to the client's specifications.
• Established QA and release management processes that were aligned with the client's internal processes.
• Consistently delivered stable, feature-rich, and performant experiences to the client's end-users.
i.TV Platform and White Label
Led the team that productized and licensed i.TV technology to B2B companies like Nintendo, Time-Warner, DIRECTV, and nearly every major TV network in North America.
The i.TV Platform powered EPG (Electronic Program Guide), DVR control, TV remote control experiences for TV providers, and media companies.
• Led the design and development of multiple white label versions of i.TV for TV providers and media companies.
• Successfully integrated services and data from partners like Roku, TiVo, TMS, Amazon, Apple, and others.
• Repeatedly delivered quality work and products that resulted in multi-year contract renewals and tens of millions of dollars in revenue.
• Led the design and build of i.TV's ad platform which served hundreds of millions of ad impressions and delivered successful campaigns for brands like Pepsi, Microsoft, Disney, and others.
Led my team to deliver a product that reached over ten million people every month and that every major TV network in the US and Canada came to rely on to drive tune-in and engagement with their TV shows.
About: TVtag was a social TV engagement and advertising platform for iOS, Android, and white-label partners.
Create a second screen, social TV experience for consumers that would drive massive engagement around TV shows and televised sporting events. Develop TVtag as a platform that would power experiences for TV networks, tech companies, and brand advertisers.
• Led the design and development of an in-app experience specifically for sporting events called "Run or Pass" that synchronized second screen content with the live TV broadcast.
• TVtag content reached over ten million people every month) and drove 1/3 of Twitter traffic around primetime scripted TV.
• Nearly every major TV network in the US and Canada utilized the TVtag platform to drive tune-in and engagement around their shows. TVtag white-label partners included DIRECTV, Nintendo, Time-Warner, and others.
Kinmundo Proof of Concept
Led a product and marketing team to develop and launch a proof-of-concept product.
Kinmundo—literally meaning “family world”—is inhabited by 16 different family cultures. To find out which is yours, just take Kinmundo’s expert-designed Family Culture Quiz. It measures your family on multiple dimensions that define family life. Each of your family members’ quiz results is combined to find out which of the 16 cultures your family lives in. Why is family culture important? Because making positive change from within your existing family dynamic is much easier than trying to completely change the way your family works.
Develop, brand, and launch a scientifically valid family assessment tool to help families understand their family culture.
• Led a team of product managers, designers, software developers, and marketers to create and launch a proof-of-concept product for Radiant.
• After Kinmundo’s launch, I led the team through a design sprint to ideate, prototype, and test new approaches to monetizing Kinmundo which led to a product extension called 21 & Done to help families and individuals develop positive behavioral habits in 21 days.
Yours.co — Video-streaming Service for the Memories Stored on Your Phone
Developed two new products for Yours. The company was able to raise $4 million in Series A funding, based on these products.
Lead Yours.co (formerly MDISC) through a digital transformation process in preparation for new rounds of venture capital funding.
• Innovated two new products (MDISC Archive Service and Yours.co).
• Recruited, built, and led software development and technical fulfillment teams.
• Led a robotic automation project for the MDISC/Yours.co fulfillment center.
• Led the rebranding of MDISC to Yours.co. Instituted agile software development processes.
The company raised $4 million in Series A funding from TPP Capital Advisors.
Yours.co automatically transformed video and photos in your camera roll into long-form home movies. The movies were streamed via the web, mobile, and OTT apps on Fire TV, Roku, and Apple TV, as well as on archive-grade DVDs and Blu-rays.
SAY — Video Messaging Applications for Business and Education
Led the SAY Business Solutions product team, tasked with leveraging the SAY Video Messaging platform for B2B applications.
SAY is a video messaging platform for Android and iOS (think "video Slack") that enables users to communicate and engage around digital content via video messages.
SAY is a Bonneville Communications company (formerly Radiant).
Personally led multiple brand identity and brand marketing projects throughout my career.
Throughout my career, I have been directly responsible for leading efforts to create new brand identities and rebrand existing products and companies.
At i.TV, I worked with world-class designer Adrian Pulfer to create the i.TV brand identity. At tvtag, I led the team that created the brand identity and implemented the brand into i.TV-owned user experiences, as well as all tvtag partner experiences (DIRECTV, Nintendo, ABC, NBC, and HBO, to name a few.) At MDISC, I was tasked with rebranding the company to Yours.co.
i.TV for iOS and Android — TV EPG App
Co-led the creation of i.TV mobile apps. In the iOS App Store, i.TV achieved a #1 overall ranking and a top 100 ranking in its category.
i.TV for iOS and Android was the #1 TV guide app in North America for nearly 7 years and before it was acquired by another company.
As a co-founder of i.TV, I co-created the app, which included the following features:
• TV guide
• DVR scheduling
• Remote control for TiVo, Roku, DIRECTV, and TELUS Optik TV
• Entertainment news and other content
• Social TV features
Developed a new product offering for water service districts, irrigation companies, manufacturing and industrial customers, and municipalities to help these organizations inventory, understand, and manage their water resources and infrastructure.
WETx is a blockchain-based technology platform that helps water special service districts, agriculture, and irrigation companies, M&I, and municipalities to inventory and manage their water resources and the infrastructure that delivers water to their customers.
I was hired as a consulting product owner to work with the executive team and customers to discover customer needs and design and build a solution to fit those needs. My work also included recruiting and leading the software development team and hiring and managing a technology services fulfillment team.
Role: Consulting Product Owner and Project Manager