Multifunctional Agile Project Manager2022 - PRESENTCommonwealth Financial Network - Main
- Worked as a product owner and project lead for multiple RTB (run-the-businesses) products and initiatives, including Robotic Process Automation (RPA), MSFT SharePoint application development, and public website support and development.
- Trained my team in Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies as part of the enterprise's efforts to transform standard company processes.
- Co-led a project to migrate mission-critical applications from an on-premises server to the cloud.
Product Manager | Project Manager2020 - 2022WaitWhat
- Joined the project as a project manager and led a team of mobile and back-end developers, designers, and QA people with the challenge of bringing fully-featured iOS and Android apps to market for a high-profile customer in the space of four months.
- Led all aspects of the project according to Agile and Scrum principles.
- Provided product leadership and direction for the mobile apps and back end.
- Worked closely with the marketing and growth team to drive paid and organic growth.
Adjunct Professor2021 - 2021Brigham Young University — J. Reuben Clark Law School
- Designed and taught a course to help law students learn and internalize design thinking concepts.
- Led law students through a design sprint process to ideate, research, prototype, and deliver a new law-based product/service concept to market within the course of a semester.
- Delivered an impactful solution to the market to help eligible people receive criminal record expungements.
Consulting Product Owner2020 - 2021Jeri
- Joined the team to ideate on product ideas, get customer feedback and define the product roadmap.
- Worked with the design team to turn sketches and product requirements into high-fidelity designs.
- Recruited and hired the software development team.
- Set up project management and development processes.
Consulting Product Owner2020 - 2021WETx.io (Freelance)
- Brought WETx Dashboard product from a conceptual design to a production-ready product; led the design, customer research, recruiting, software development, and implementation.
- Developed and implemented a new product and service offering for WETx, called WETx Cloud; led the design, customer research, recruiting, software development, and implementation.
- Executed plans to develop a strategy around a water banking system for municipalities, regional water and sewer districts, irrigation companies, and federal water conservancy districts.
Social Media/Video Sharing Platform Technical Project Manager2020 - 2020B2G Holdings
- Worked with the founder to define the scope of his MVP product.
- Defined key KPIs and milestones to prepare the founder to begin product design and software development work on the product.
- Leveraged my experience as a founding team member of multiple early-stage startups to help the founder plan for the path ahead.
Executive Vice President, Business Solutions2018 - 2020Radiant — Video Messaging Solutions for B2B, Learning, and Higher Education
- Led a project to develop and implement a customer acquisition strategy for the pre-launch of the B2C streaming app, SAY. The effort resulted in a cost per acquisition that was more than 25% below the industry standard.
- Oversaw product development, business modeling, and marketing launch of Kinmundo.com for sister organization, BN Media.
- Led the build and market product concepts for B2B audiences including building three different asynchronous video streaming concepts targeting biopharma sales training, a job reporting tool for field services, and a higher ed learning tool.
Chief Product Officer2015 - 2018Yours.co — AI-powered Home Movie Streaming Service and Optical Media Storage.
- Recruited the product design and software team and introduced an agile software and product development practice to the company.
- Led company rebranding efforts from MDISC to Yours.co.
- Launched two new products and raised a $4 million Series A round from TPP Capital Advisors to build and scale the business.
- Led digital transformation of the company from a manufacturing company to a SaaS-first company.
CEO2015 - 2018Invisible Home, LLC — High-end Home Goods and Furniture
- Launched an eCommerce Shopify store selling high-end, designer home home goods to customers in the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Developed a successful social marketing strategy as part of the GTM plan. Targeted design and architecture enthusiasts that garnered nearly 10,000 followers on Instagram.
- Executed a paid media customer acquisition strategy using Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram ads.
- Developed a line of Invisible Home called The Fleet, which was a "storage system in a box," designed and manufactured in Scandinavia from eco-friendly materials.
Executive Vice President of Business Solutions and Marketing2008 - 2015i.TV — TV Discovery and Social TV Platform and Second-screen TV Ad Network
- Built and led a 35-person team comprised of agile project managers, product managers, designers, software engineers, marketing, business development, and editorial staff in Utah and New York City.
- Managed enterprise-scale software development contracts and B2B platform licensing with Nintendo, AOL/Huffington Post, TELUS, and DIRECTV.
- Directed a highly successful joint marketing program with the world’s top entertainment brands (ABC, NBC, FOX, AMC, HBO, and Time Warner), resulting in tens of millions of social media shares and hundreds of millions of social media impressions.
Account Executive2007 - 2008CONNECT MARKETING
- Placed and worked on top accounts with Symantec and Siemens Enterprise Communications.
- Assisted clients in gaining earned media coverage and drove awareness around strategic communications objectives.
- Positioned executives as thought leaders and drove coverage in publications such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CIO, MSNBC, and others.
Operations Director, EMEA2004 - 2007Bridge Atlantik — Business Development and Marketing Firm
- Led the successful European launches for multiple clients (security, edtech, home goods, distributed computing, and HVAC, to name a few).
- Established new sales and distribution channels for clients across Europe, including with public sector procurement organizations and pan-European distributors.
- Spearheaded successful marketing and public relations campaigns to establish clients as leaders in their respective fields, garnering coverage with top-tier media outlets worldwide.
- Led the business development efforts to sign on European reference customers for our edtech and security clients as part of the market launch.