Verified Expert in Project Management
Kaitlyn is an upbeat innovator, agile project manager, and co-founder with a record of spearheading business strategy and product development. She's a business-minded technologist and quick learner as her experience is stretched across industries including finance, decentralized finance, fantasy sports, and storage facilities. Kaitlyn has worked with large corporations such as Morgan Stanley to small startups such as Moonllight, using agile as a guiding philosophy to software development.
Chief of Staff to CEO
Q.ai - A Forbes Company
- Led the operations team consisting of project managers, HR managers, and recruiters.
- Actively managed the firm-wide roadmap and established processes for reporting on blockers, progress, and cross-team dependencies.
- Restructured and reorganized the product, design, customer support, engineering, and growth teams to increase productivity and delivery.
- Instituted firm-wide operations around the priority and intake of new product and growth strategies.
- Established project management tools, methodologies, and processes around product development, design, testing, delivery, and go-to-market (i.e., Jira, scrum, kanban, etc..).
- Recruited and hired for various roles at the company. Launched a new onboarding/offboarding process for employees and contractors.
- Supported the CEO in assessing and optimizing our org structure. Formed MBOs and OKRs for each vertical to establish clear monthly and quarterly objectives and goals.
- Helped manage staff budgets, subscriptions, etc., as part of my support role to CEO's objective to optimize cash burn.
Co-Founder and COO
- Led the creation of a fantasy soccer startup from inception to launch within three years, with it valued at $3m. Established the vision, business model, and strategies to create a global fantasy soccer platform.
- Raised $300k+ in capital through various instruments such as convertible note, debt, and equity. Also, managed the company financials and P&L.
- Acquired 12k subscribers to the website in just a single month of marketing (a user acquisition cost of $0.30). Experimented with various paid ad strategies across Facebook and Instagram.
Head of Online and Digital
- Led and created the online digital presence for RecNation, an owner of premium public storage facilities for storing large recreational vehicles such as boats, campers, trailers, cars, etc.
- Led a team of web designers and developers to build an attractive, custom, and easy-to-use website that integrates with our ERP system for unit rentals.
- Acquired over 1,000 followers on Instagram in a few months from zero through managing a social media team. Our goal was to create insightful, engaging content three to four times weekly, consistent with our everyman, adventure-brand archetype.
- Created a professional investor pitch deck covering the industry and market opportunity, business model, and a five to ten-year business vision. The executive team raised upwards of $200 million through their investor pitches.
- Collaborated with a marketing and SEO expert to improve SEO and our ads on Google Search, Google Maps, and Facebook.
Agile Transformation Lead and Change Agent
- Restructured the 4,000+ person tech organization by designing and optimizing teams to create independent working units at the squad, fleet, and portfolio levels. We designed each team with a mission, KPIs, and resourced team members.
- Determined performance metrics (i.e., committed versus completed, number of commits, defects, etc.) for evaluating squad performance and reporting to senior leadership to ultimately assess ROI.
- Built and deployed a training curriculum for Agile practitioners to further their knowledge. It covered everything from Agile Principles to more complex topics like testing methods, dependency management, Jira usage, and ceremony effectiveness.
- Established operating models for entire partnering bodies such as legal, risk and compliance, DevOps enablement, and production application support to streamline the engagement and communication process as everyone transitions to Agile.
Agile Project Manager | Scrum Master
- Led several teams on multimillion-dollar projects (i.e., Premier Cash Management Accounts and Salesforce Integration) to produce quality, functional software for our financial advisors to better serve their high-net-worth clients.
- Empowered and motivated team members to think independently and strive for continuous improvement daily. Utilized performance metrics in Jira and KPIs to assess team effectiveness.
- Led squad ceremonies such as the daily standup, refinement, retrospective, and sprint planning. Ensured the expectations and vision were clearly communicated and progress was being made.
Co-Founder and COO of Moonllight Fantasy Football (Soccer) Apphttp://www.moonllight.com
Co-founded a fantasy football startup from inception to launch, now valued at approximately $3 million. Moonllight is a premium fantasy football app with a vision to create a culture around fantasy soccer worldwide.
I led the development team to build a sophisticated application where sports video games and fantasy features co-exist to form a gamified fantasy platform. We designed robust technical architecture with software engineers using modern solutions such as containerization, serverless technologies, and optimized queries to reduce browser load time and latency.
Raised $400,000+ in capital through various instruments such as a convertible note, debt, and equity.
Acquired 12,000 subscribers in a month of marketing. Utilizing Facebook ads manager, we targeted our demographic through a series of A/B tests, which ultimately gave way to a user acquisition cost of $0.30. Our landing page efficiency (conversion rate) was 29.7%, nearly 3x the top 10% efficiency of all websites.
Built an Online Digital Presence for Vehicle Storage Facility
Currently leading the entire online presence for Recreational Realty, a vehicle storage facility.
I held several deep-dive workshops to understand the extent of his vision and created business requirements and a detailed roadmap. I hired a team of designers and engineers and guided them through the details of the business vision and expectations for the platform. Throughout the project, I provided status updates to the CEO and ensured the team was aligned every step of the way.
After launching the website, I continue supporting the CEO by improving website SEO and increasing our brand awareness through social media. I hired a social media team to execute our social strategy by hitting on different pillars such as education, promotional content, and engagement while also remaining true to our everyman and adventure brand archetype.
I also managed the marketing and SEO expert who created and promoted ads on Google and Facebook.
Product and Project Manager for Foodvine App
Led the product development and rollout strategy of a food app that combines social media and ordering into one application.
Foodvine is a hybrid of Seamless and Instagram but catered to just food lovers and food vendors. I worked with the designer and provided creative solutions to reduce complexity in MVP's vendor profiles, ordering, and delivery. I created detailed roadmaps and sprint plans to manage the team's work effectively. I focused on agile principles of independence and continuous improvement throughout the project.
In addition, I proposed a go-to-market strategy for the CEO and hired a marketing team to execute the plan through social media content creation and blog writing. Since Foodvine is a marketplace application, our marketing targeted customers and food vendors across the nation. I analyzed the industry and competitors and worked with the financial consultant to outline, design, and produce a polished pitch deck for the CEO to raise more capital.
Project Manager of a Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange
Launched an MVP for a high-frequency trading, decentralized, cryptocurrency exchange.
The business's vision was to create a decentralized trading platform that allows for spot trading and margin trading up to 50x the leverage. The platform includes all the essential components of a trading platform, such as a price history chart (integrated with Tradeview), MetaMask wallet integration, placing a market or limit order to buy/sell assets, portfolio-related information, and transaction history. We developed an auction with an order book for users to see which orders are being placed and when they are filled for the high-frequency trading aspects. We also built a capital pool to pool together tokens for high-leverage positions and an insurance pool to mitigate any deficits on open positions.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Lehigh University - Bethlehem, PA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring