Verified Expert in Project Management
Michael has extensive experience in engineering, with a consistent thread of engineering project leadership in a variety of industries. He excels at organizing tasks and resources to deliver consistent and high-quality results. Michael enjoys leading teams and projects and driving customer satisfaction on a daily basis.
Director of Program Management
- Drove a critical customer program from development to production, managing customer requirements, product validation, and documentation release while working on the delivery schedule to meet customer expectations.
- Developed project reporting tools to bring increased visibility to product status through dashboards highlighting key metrics.
- Introduced project management principles to an engineering organization, beginning culture shift towards more structured task management, reducing waste, and improving the ability to forecast loading and project completion.
Director of Systems Engineering
- Acted as a project manager for implementation of new government-mandated capabilities, deriving technical requirements from government documentation, building project plan, and monitoring execution, finishing the project on time and budget.
- Collaborated with the product management team to extract core value from product offering and deliver it to new customers in next-generation products. Helped develop new firmware, back-end infrastructure, user portal, and hardware.
- Improved the perception of the engineering team company-wide by turning around the track record of missing requirements and long-running projects and improving requirement documentation, project monitoring and control, and communication.
Principal Systems Engineer
- Drove process improvement effort resulting in CMMI Level 3 certification, working with internal audit to review required documentation and artifacts to increase competitiveness and position department for ongoing success.
- Acted as a project manager on multiple projects for international defense customers, from requirements development to in-country commissioning, overseeing schedule and budget.
- Worked closely with the customers and sales team to develop system requirements and manage engineering proposal activity for new opportunities. Lived and worked as an expat at an overseas office.
Program Financial Manager
Created resource allocation and financial tracking tools, from input to dashboards, for a technology modernization program at a mid-sized software company.
Next Generation Product Development
Brought a next-gen product to market, managing the project from concept to production release.
Acted as a project manager for implementation of the new FMCSA ELD regulations for commercial driver hours-of-service tracking.
Deployable Communications Systems
Designed and built deployable, self-contained communication systems for remote FOBs, including ground communications, backhaul, backup power, and solar for multi-year, multi-phase contracts.
I also developed a modular system that enabled follow-on phases to be delivered using a build-to-print approach using the same base modules, allowing quick delivery for future orders with minimal customization.
Business Intelligence Project Champion
Responsible for ensuring the success of a project to deliver an enterprise business intelligence tool.
Master's Degree in Systems Engineering
Florida Institute of Technology - Melbourne, FL
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
Rochester Institute of Technology - Rochester, NY
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)