Verified Expert in Project Management
Nino is a Certified Scrum Master, project manager, and operations lead with over seven years of experience in the IT industry. Working with both large corporate clients and startups, she has established multi-year contracts to continuously improve existing software and build new, innovative platforms from scratch. Nino speaks English, Spanish, Russian, and Georgian fluently and has managed teams of over ten members across several time zones.
Co-Founder & CEO
- Co-Founder and CEO of Immitracker, the Waze of Immigration. Immitracker is the largest immigration application tracking platform in Canada and Australia.
- Launched and managed an immigrant WhatsApp community that attracted over 2.5K new members and created 15 different discussion groups over 6 months.
- Grew new user registration and new case submissions from 2022 to 2023 by 18%, resulting in over 11K new users registered and 4K new cases added last year.
- Conducted an audience survey and developed a strategic product plan for improving the user experience, simplifying the product, and directing traffic and attention to the key features of the application (leading to higher conversion).
Technical Project Manager
World Education Services
- Joined the team as the first official project manager in over a year and conducted an Agile transformation that improved the team's project item delivery success rate by 50%.
- Ran the project delivery component of the Digital Operations (Tech Ops) team by managing up to 10 team members, all regular Scrum meetings and 2-3 large projects simultaneously.
- Introduced an async stand-up process through Geekbot, backlog grooming, and bi-weekly sprints into an ITSM environment for successfully executing high-impact projects (including software and hardware decommissions and migrations).
- Implemented a project management process for adjacent Digital Operations teams (data management and service management) by introducing a Kanban process, Jira board, and Confluence space for project documentation.
- Founded an immigration, employment, and settlement startup to help skilled workers relocate to Canada.
- Built out a no-code MVP based on many customer discovery interviews and continuously iterated on the product to address the newly identified needs displayed by the VisaWire immigrant community.
- Collaborated with a head of business development to create a plan to survey multiple Canadian tech startups to understand their recruitment needs and interests in international talent.
Software Project Manager and Scrum Master
- Assisted in establishing and scaling operations processes for transcribing transcripts for a financial analyst research platform product. This included hiring the transcribers and building the full tech ecosystem for the process to move flawlessly.
- Managed the development team and communicated with the client across multiple time zones while ensuring timely delivery and quick product support.
- Implemented a wide variety of processes for delivery based on client recommendations, transitioned from a Scrumban to Scrum methodology, and consistently delivered sprint demos and scope summary reports.
- Conducted product roadmap planning meetings with the client, documented and managed all customer feature requests through backlog grooming, and ensured that the top priority items were delivered on time according to customer expectations.
Web Project Manager
- Joined the team as a web project manager and took over multiple projects in various stages, from early-stage customer discovery through product iterations. Projects ranged from building WordPress websites to custom CRMs.
- Gathered requirements for the websites and CRMs and worked with the relevant team members at each stage of the project to create deliverables and receive client approvals. The projects were primarily small-business-focused (e.g., matchmakers).
- Implemented a Waterfall delivery methodology for the website-building projects and ensured that all design and creative aspects were agreed upon prior to handing projects over to development. Personally supported the website QA and set-up process.
- Communicated with team members in three different time zones (PST, Ukraine, and Russia) while working with primarily US and Canada-based clients. Led all client meetings for gathering requirements and receiving approvals. Demoed the final product.
- Supported the company founder with the project estimation process by gathering and documenting all relevant project information in one place and soliciting work-day input from the whole team.
- Comanaged a team of over 30 people by conducting regular status updates, monitoring the timeliness of project deliverables, and ensuring that all risks and issues were raised and mitigated promptly.
- Collaborated with the primary client's project manager to intake and approve the scope for each release.
- Oversaw the progress of each scope item, from requirements documentation in request tickets to delivery and final approval from stakeholders.
- Facilitated technical workshops and ensured that all deliverables were completed and approved on time.
- Collaborated with other BAs, development leads, technical managers, solution architects, and designers to create comprehensive solution design documentation. The documents contained all the technical functionality (based on requirements) and designs.
- Led client meetings (with the support of a technical manager and solution architect) to gather requirements for features, present completed requirements documentation, and solicit approval at each stage of the project.
- Worked in a Waterfall (and modified Agile/Waterfall) methodology. Led the analysis and design phases of the projects. Once all requirements and designs were approved, facilitated the documentation handover with the development team.
- Created traceability matrices and ensured that all requirements were covered in the system design documentation. Supported the development team throughout the development process and QA during the final product walkthroughs (pre-deployment).
Operations Lead and PM for a Creator Economy Blockchain Startuphttps://thepopnetwork.org/
Ran the internal operations of a blockchain startup, from the MVP conception stage to the migration from the Ethereum blockchain network to the Binance Smart Chain. Worked with the CEO directly to help manage a 10-person team.
• Conducted an Agile transformation within the organization to streamline the development processes, starting with the MVP launch.
• Established a new talent acquisition/evaluation and interviewing process for bringing on new hires.
• Supported the CEO and created new team member onboarding and employee termination processes.
• Managed all team software tools and accounts by initially setting them up for the project and ensuring that all were consolidated in one place.
• Worked closely with the product team to provide community and development team feedback when planning future features.
• Helped manage the startup community by conducting weekly community calls and taking end-user feedback into consideration for the startup operations, marketing, and development.
• Wrote up the initial processes for almost every single key function of the organization (development, product, marketing, HR, and community management).
• Documented the key product and company information and FAQs while maintaining an external knowledge base.
• Managed the community-reported bugs and issues through HubSpot by supporting the development team.
Project Manager | Product Owner for a Blockchain and Video Streaming Social Apphttps://orsy.io/
Guided, streamlined, and supported the MVP development process for a blockchain and video streaming social app, starting from the early scope definition workshops to the product launch.
• Collaborated closely with the main product manager in the capacity of a product owner to define the product vision, create detailed user stories for feature development, clarify functionality during QA and UAT, and document technical and business requirements.
• Established an Agile development process and supported the team by leading and managing all related meetings, including async team stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog refinement, and sprint retrospectives.
• Supported the Toptal Projects delivery manager in stakeholder management, ensuring all of the main stakeholders were on the same page at all times regarding MVP delivery timeline, scope, and resources required.
• Maintained the project and its human resources in the majority of the tools required (e.g., Jira, Slack, Confluence), ensuring all team members and documentation remained up to date.
Project Manager for a Financial Analyst Research Platformhttps://mosaicrm.com/
Established all required interview transcription operations, launched the platform, and managed all subsequent product sprints for a new financial analyst research platform.
• Documented, scoped out, and supported the implementation of the top feature requests from the client.
• Supported the client with technical issues and bug reports in a timely manner and involved relevant team members when immediate fixes were required.
• Managed the design process and brought the impact of all key functionality changes to the client's attention for approval.
• Conducted product roadmap planning meetings, sprint planning, and sprint demos every two weeks prior to releases.
• Managed the feature estimation process and sprint capacity.
• Groomed the product backlog and prioritized features based on epics and the priority of the functionality.
Technical Delivery Management for Pharma Techhttps://www.payersciences.com/
Streamlined and simplified the product development and delivery process by initiating and guiding an Agile transformation.
• Conducted an Agile transformation within the development organization to consolidate the product work across various projects and tools.
• Reduced misunderstandings and friction between team members by clearly defining communication, feature documentation, development, and testing rules.
• Collaborated with the product manager and lead stakeholder to create one Scrum board and establish a Scrum process for the main product.
• Established a Kanban approach for smaller, ad hoc projects and worked out a process for more accurate time and resource allocation among projects.
The result was a clearly organized Confluence space with guidelines and process documentation for each aspect of the project, reduced ambiguity about the next steps, and simplified onboarding experiences for new members. The project is now running on pure Scrum and improving every month with each retrospective.
Web Project Management for Various Projectshttps://www.smartnextstudio.com/
Gathered requirements and managed, launched, and supported multiple custom WordPress websites for clients across the United States.
• Gathered requirements for custom WordPress websites.
• Assisted the UX expert and UI designer with soliciting, receiving, and effectively implementing customer feedback.
• Supported websites post-launch, ensuring that all issues were resolved promptly.
• Adjusted WordPress settings and resolved non-development-related support requests.
• Participated in the project and new feature estimation processes, providing accurate feature descriptions and gathering team feedback to ensure a full understanding of estimates.
• Gathered and approved custom CRM-related requirements.
Project Manager for a Platform to Connect Students to Preceptorshttps://www.preceptorlink.com/
Built out the initial software delivery processes and implemented the required tools for a custom CRM project. The platform connects medical school students with preceptors (clinical teachers and mentors).
• Ensured that deliverables in each sprint were scheduled so that the requirements and designs for all features that had to be developed sooner were completed in earlier sprints.
• Provided sprint report summaries to the client at the end of each sprint.
• Regularly reviewed and groomed the backlog to ensure that Jira tickets for all relevant, upcoming features were created and properly described the work to be done.
Launch of Delfy App (Personal Startup)
Conceptualized, designed, managed, and launched an app for a personal startup in 2018. Delfy was an app for helping people make friends based on similar interests.
• Designed and conceptualized the product functionality.
• Wrote the product technical specifications.
• Broke down the delivery process into two-week sprints.
• Collaborated with the developers to continuously test the implemented features, document bugs, and ensure that the bugs that most impacted functionality were fixed pre-launch.
• Managed and prioritized a small feature backlog and bug list.
• Conducted product demos and solicited feedback from potential customers.
Although the project was eventually shut down due to insufficient funding, it was a great experience in product and project management.
Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - Worcester, MA, USA
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Y Combinator Startup School
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring