Senior Agile Project Manager for eCommerce Marketing2018 - PRESENTNeiman Marcus
- Performed as scrum master for five teams, utilizing scrum, kanban, and SAFe. As CSM, I was responsible for managing the teams, scrum ceremonies, reporting to leadership, and training them on agile approaches and techniques.
- Managed the implementation of a SaaS CDP (Customer Data Platform). This involved significant data integration work with legacy systems, data analytics teams, internal groups, and external vendors.
- Participated in a large technology transformation initiative for the marketing division, leading the CDP team in such a way that our approach and processes became models for other scrum teams in the initiative.
- Built Jira projects and artifacts and trained the Electronic Data Warehouse team and Customer Master Data team on Sscrum processes for their work.
- Completed the initial implementation ahead of the three month schedule, allowing the marketing team to begin utilizing the tool and technology earlier than planned.
Senior Consultant and Project Manager for Cloud Migrations and IT Consulting2016 - 2018Sparkhound
- Managed multiple Microsoft Cloud (O365/Azure) migration projects for clients in the DFW area (on-premise or hosted exchange migration to O365, and application migration to Azure).
- Managed development for a legacy point-of-sale system for a major retailer in Dallas. This included managing, coordinating, and scheduling updates with external vendors, and keeping within the change management boundaries of the retailer.
- Managed updates and fixes to the legacy POS, and following strict change control measures to not impact the 7,000 stores' business. Our team kept the legacy POS working with no downtime for over a year.
- Supported development of PMO processes and documentation for the Sparkhound Dallas office. Supported sales efforts for new business by making presentations to potential clients on our capabilities and management approach.
Senior Project Manager for Enterprise Content Management Solutions2016 - 2016Imagine Solutions
- Managed multiple ECM projects for clients around the US. Managed budgets, schedules, resources, plans, and forecasting utilizing MS Office suite and MS Project to develop schedules and track resources and progress.
- Designed, coded, and implemented a PM dashboard tool. The single point of data entry allowed for increased reliability and accuracy of project data, and the enterprise approach provided a greater transparency of project status to leadership.
- Assisted in establishing new PMO processes for the company in accordance with PMI and standard Agile practices.
Senior Project Manager for Health Care Solutions2013 - 2015Parkland
- Managed a pediatric asthma program development team. This tracked and recorded patient's asthma scores via mobile devices, stored it in a data analytics engine, completed predictive analytics, and provided insight to the patient and doctor.
- Established the Quality Management Program for the development team where we defined quality measures, metrics, and audit for the purpose of preparing for FDA approval of PCCI products.
- Designed and developed a complex MS Access application for the VP of finance. This application reduced the time to complete accounting payroll reconciliation between two different systems from days to minutes.
Senior Project Manager for Retail Network Systems Support2012 - 2013FedEx Office
- Acted as a member of the Network Engagement Office team, managing projects and providing status updates for the engagement office.
- Managed several projects for the network engineering team; represented the team at the Demand Management Council and provided updates and information as required.
- Designed and developed a SharePoint/MS Access dashboard application to easily capture data from remote PMs, and auto-format executive reports. This application cut down the elapsed time to create weekly report for executives from days to minutes.
Senior Solutions Engineer and PM for State Government Biometrics Implementation2010 - 2012MorphoTrak
- Managed the communication and coordination of a highly geographically dispersed team (Tacoma WA, Paris France, Raleigh NC, Anaheim CA, Amsterdam NE, Bogota Colombia, and Tampa, FL) for a biometrics program for the State of North Carolina.
- Began with the waterfall approach, and later introduced agile methodology, managing the project with MS Project to develop and monitor plans, progress, and resources.
- Managed the project schedules and provided detail status, issue management, risk management, scope definition and management, and reported to C-Level suite, senior management, and the steering committee.
National Engagement Manager for Service Desk Management and Support2010 - 2010USI Insurance Services
- Managed a service delivery organization of 25 remote support technicians and an 8-person help desk supporting 80 locations around the US.
- Introduced processes to streamline activities and increase call throughput. Modified reporting and performance monitoring that resulted in an improved customer satisfaction index of 30% within the first two months of managing the teams and process.
- Provided regular reports of help desk, site support performance metrics, and customer satisfaction survey results to the C-level suite.
Senior Manager for National Government Biometrics Systems Implementation2006 - 2010Computer Sciences Corporation, Arabia
- Managed a 50-person team in the development, testing, training, and implementation of a major biometrics program with local (KSA) and remote teams in Tokyo, India and Canada. Reported to the ministry of interior steering committee on a monthly basis.
- Managed and completed receipt/logging/shipping of over 10,000 items used to build 1,700 biometric workstations at over 500 locations in the Kingdom and connect them to the central data center in Riyadh.
- Developed a custom application to track all shipments (including signatures of shipping and receipt), training of resources by facility, facility implementation status, and facility inventory.
Technical Services Director for Remote Oracle DBA Support and Consulting2002 - 2006DTC Global
- Acted as the Oracle e-Business Suite DBA and director, managing the data center in Plano Texas, and multiple client accounts. Managed support to meet zero downtime for all clients over a two-year period.
- Oversaw the Oracle DBA for a logistics implementation for a major shipping company in Copenhagen Denmark.
- Finished building out the data center that was used to support a remote e-business suite customers.
Project Manager for IT and Strategy Consulting Engagements2000 - 2002Tactia Consulting
- Served as managing director for Tacticas training division. Set up the company, leased the location, hired sales/marketing staff, and managed a team to develop Java and C# boot camps. Completed development and rollout of the boot camps in six weeks.
- Set up the Oracle practice for Tactica, installing the e-Business suite application, defining the team structure, and initial project plans for customer engagement.
- Oversaw as project manager various client projects including a major utility company, the world trade center, and others.
Project Manager for Pharmacy and Airline Engagements1997 - 2000Greenbrier and Russel
- Managed, designed, and developed a OOO/Java MS SQL pricing application to support pharmacies nationwide. This reduced pharmacy time to develop drug price forecasts from months to days.
- Developed and rolled out a full SDLC program for a major airline. This included training a department of several hundred programmers and managers.
- Supported sales efforts for multiple initiatives, making presentations to the C-suite of potential clients.
Systems Analyst II for Airline Systems Development and Support1996 - 1997Southwest Airlines
- Developed accounting systems in C++ and Sybase as a member of the PRISM team.
- Managed a testing effort for the revenue accounting team.
- Provided on-call support for Sybase production systems, ensuring operational continuity on a 24/7 basis.
Advanced Systems Engineer for Manufacturing and Insurance systems1985 - 1996Electronic Data Systems
- Designed and coded an insurance claims workflow/routing system in C++ and Sybase. This workflow system reduced insurance claims processing overhead by at least 50%.
- Supported an old voice-enabled support system for insurance claims using assembler. The system was unstable and down much of the time. After I took the lead, we were able to get the system stable and running with no down time until it was retired.
- Member of the mechanical insurance team, coding programs in COBOL, Assembler, and JCL to support policy management and claims.
- Supported manufacturing floor systems a facilities in Detroit Michigan and Wilmington Delaware.