Founder, CEO2013 - PRESENTmyHourz (logtempo)
- Built and launched the logtempo iOS App, initially localized for five languages.
- Founded myHourz company and defined initial business model (Business Model Canvas). Rolled out marketing and social media campaigns.
- Created the initial product website using Bootstrap, jQuery, and PHP.
- Led the project to port the iOS app to Android.
- Developed an OS X Menubar App version of the iOS App.
Owner2003 - PRESENTturrall consulting
- Designed, developed, and implemented a new workflow system for Cablecom, Switzerland's largest cable provider.
- Designed and implemented numerous websites and web applications for both large and small clients.
- Created successful application-driven Facebook campaigns for SwissLotto, Lipton, Warner Bros, Universal, and other large international brands.
- Provided web and mobile development and marketing consultancy for a range of clients across Switzerland, Germany, UK, USA, and Australia.
- Collaborated with media agency partners to provide web, mobile and social media solutions for their clients.
- Created and produced, together with video2brain (now owned by LinkedIn), video courses for Facebook and iOS App development. Sold globally.
Director, consultant2011 - 2015Juice Interactive
- Developed, supported, and maintained an enterprise iOS App used by over 800+ users, in conjunction with a custom web-based workflow system, for an industry-leading construction client in the UK.
- Created an iOS/Android mobile conference application for a major scientific conference.
- Built various successful Facebook campaign Apps for several UK clients.
- Created an iBeacon-based contextual computing platform for restaurant customer loyalty programs.
- Advised on recruiting and strategy definition for the creation of a new in-house development team for a private industrial client.
Creative Technologist2011 - 2012Substance
- Worked on numerous websites/microsites and campaigns for clients such as HBO, Universal, Warner Bros, and others.
- Created the Hammer Screamboard iOS App for the Hammer Horror films brand.
- Designed MedEmergency, a medical emergency training app for dental professionals, available for both iPhone and Android.
- Built numerous Facebook apps for promoting HBO, Universal, Warner Bros, and other large international media brands.
- Provided internal mentoring on web and mobile design and development.
Owner, CEO2000 - 2007webnames switzerland
- Established and built a reseller-based web hosting and domain name trading business.
- Provided TemplateMonster-branded website templates as TemplateMonster.ch.
- Responsible for the creation and marketing of a CD-ROM product: the WebMaster Tools CD-ROM.
- Provided first-level support for hosting customers.
- Successfully managed the migration of clients across hosting platforms.
Marketing Specialist2002 - 2003Interactive Objects Software GmbH
- Defined and rolled out the company's partner marketing program.
- Recruited and trained reseller partners from Germany, Japan, UK, Poland and other countries.
- Served as an internal marketing consultant in an advisory capacity as well as the co-leader of the marketing team.
VP, Director of Marketing / Marketing Director EMEA / Sales Manager1999 - 2001Softwired AG / Sybase Inc. / Software AG
- Oversaw global marketing, including sales lead generation, channel partner strategy, and program definition and rollout, advertising, web, and direct marketing for Softwired AG.
- Organized and operated a trade show including a successful JavaOne conference in San Francisco, generating significant sales leads for Softwired AG.
- Directed EMEA-wide marketing including management of marketing and presages staff in Germany, Switzerland, UK, France, Italy, and Spain for Sybase Inc.
- Improved lead-generation, partner support/training, and press and developer relations throughout the EMEA region for Sybase Inc.
- Implemented corporate and international marketing programmes throughout EMEA for Sybase Inc.
- Launched new business sales activities with a focus on Enterprise clients and Software AG's new XML-based database and related tools.
- Defined channel strategy for the support of Software AG's reseller partners.
Channels Manager/Technical Specialist/Senior Consultant1995 - 1999Sybase (Schweiz) AG
- Served as a member of the management team and oversaw sales management responsibility for the Country Manager in his absence. Managed direct sales for a small number of key accounts with full responsibility for channel sales and marketing, covering reseller and OEM partners, education partners, and system integrators. Consistently exceeded quarterly revenue targets.
- Provided pre-sales and product marketing support for all Sybase development tools and SQL Anywhere database products.
- Prepared for tradeshows and oversaw technical requirements, planning, and delivery of regular sales seminars and presentations including press events.
- Redefined the business model for channel sales and marketing in Sybase Switzerland and moved into the position of Channels Manager.
- Provided consultancy services relating to the Sybase development toolset (previously PowerSoft tools) and database servers. Delivered training to developers and end-clients in both English and German, in Switzerland and Germany. Became the first Certified PowerSoft Trainer in DACH. Also a Certified Sybase Trainer for database products.
- Tasked with defining and then implementing the business plan for direct/indirect sales and consultancy for all PowerSoft products (PowerSoft was acquired by Sybase in 1995) before moving into a role focussed primarily on this business plan.
Programmer / Analyst1992 - 1995Bank for International Settlements
- Tasked with the evaluation and recommendation of new development and deployment tools and technologies within the bank.
- Joint-led a project to select an entirely new toolset, to transition much of the organization's systems, from a mainframe-based approach to a client-server model.
- Moved on to evaluating various systems, including a replacement library system for the Bank.
- Developed in-house systems using Sybase and PowerSoft technologies.
- Maintained the bank's key CICs COBOL systems.
Director, consultant1988 - 1992Turrall Systems Design Limited
- Built and maintained mainframe systems for Shell's UK business.
- Refactored a business-critical oil reformulation calculation mainframe Fortran application into Cobol.
- Built and maintained internal billing and customer management systems for National Power.
- Developed various small-scale mainframe applications for UK-based clients.
- Ran a small computer hardware and software business serving small local businesses.
Senior Consultant1987 - 1988London Specialist Software Systems
- Implemented and supported the company's standard software solution for various clients.
- Installed custom software and acted as support for the company's clients.
- Provided emergency support for clients such as Rolls Royce.
- Contributed to an automated warehouse management project for VAG UK.
- Developed In-house products.
Programmer / Analyst1984 - 1987GEC Telecommunications
- Implemented DB2 within the company.
- Supported internal systems running on DB2 with PL/I.
- Contributed to in-house product development including warehouse management systems.
- Provided in-house product design and product management.