Project/Product manager2020 - 2020Instrumental (www.weareinstrumental.com)
- Brought in to bring structure and focus to the development and product function of this successful start-up in London.
- Successfully implemented an agile delivery framework ensuring the team worked with clarity around priorities.
- Led the formation and definition of a product roadmap for the year based high-level business objectives and goals. This roadmap was elicited via several rounds of meetings and workshops with the company's C-level executives and team leads.
- Recommended and subsequently managed the transition of support tasks to an off-shore team to enable the core engineering team to focus on building the roadmap items/.
- Kicked off a major project to migrate back-end systems to be managed and hosted by an off-shore partner.
- Mentored and trained an internal staff member to take over as product owner.
Project Manager2019 - 2020FreeRoots
- Created product backlog of user stories for this greenfield start-up in the online advocacy space.
- Collaborated with lead designer to enable customer focussed approach to the design phase, including prototyping and usability testing.
- Set up and ran an agile delivery framework with one week sprints and a weekly reviews with the sponsors.
- Managed project through full project lifecycle from inception to delivery and was re-engaged post launch for further advisory and hands on tasks on the use of analytics.
- Overall the team and I designed, built and delivered a digital advocacy platform in 3 months, fulfilling the clients' brief and enabling a successful launch.
Senior Project Manager2018 - 2019Banked
- Worked closely with the CEO and product analysts to elicit requirements and define MVP.
- Set up the scrum framework and facilitated all ceremonies.
- Created and managed the overall schedule of wider dependencies and milestones.
- Drove a user-centered design approach, making use of surveys and interviews to understand user needs.
- Acted as a proxy for the CEO/product owner during sprint reviews.
Senior Project Manager2016 - 2018SPYSCAPE
- Managed the overall program of work which involved multiple concurrent streams of activity with many dependencies.
- Reported on progress and blockers to board every week.
- Managed a large cross-functional team of designers and developers to deliver six interactive games for the museum. The full experience was delivered in 16 months from concept to launch.
- Ensured teams worked on the right priorities by managing game backlogs and sprint planning.
- Drove the use of early prototyping and usability testing to de-risk the possibility of expensive changes further down the track.
Project/Product manager2016 - 2016BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts)
- Managed the delivery of a greenfield technology project for this prestigious British institution.
- Defined the product with the business manager by conducting interviews with potential users and creating a backlog of user stories.
- Created the functional wireframes to enable the visual designer to quickly craft polished designs.
- Prepared and presented our reports.
Project Manager2015 - 2015Elsewhen
- Managed a team of developers and designers in the delivery of a product for Google.
- Worked with a very large data set, creating an easy to use tool that enables strategists and marketers to extract useful insights easily from large and complex data sets.
- Supported a user-centric and lean approach to product development.
- Worked directly with Google customer to agree contract, schedule, and scope.
Project Manager2014 - 2015Picsolve
- Introduced scrum and coached team members into adopting new practices with ease and enjoyment.
- Managed all ceremonies and ensuring backlog reflected priorities of the business.
- Enabled delivery of two crucial strategic projects to introduce multi lingual capability and achieve feature parity across iOS and Android platforms.
- Reported directly to the board on team progress and morale.
Senior Project Manager2014 - 2014Fidelity Investments
- Led the customer experience work-stream to rethink Fidelity's portfolio of digital experiences.
- Utilized user-centered design practices to develop prototypes to road-test new features.
- Involved many stakeholders and managed the efforts of three business analysts to break down and rework complex financial products and existing workflows into improved user experiences.
- Worked alongside several other PMs to ensure the complex program of work ran smoothly.