Consultant - Machine Learning and Project Management2015 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Served as the technical Agile project manager for a startup that uses computer vision with teams in three continents.
- Provided engineering, product management, and Agile coaching services for a company in South Africa.
- Completed a proof of concept for a startup in the UK using computer vision for medical images. Data cleansing, training, analysis of results using classification/object detection metrics. The project goal was to democratize health care. The successful completion of this proof of concept has led to the founders raising funds for a global solution.
- Investigated the reasons for perceived long distribution cycle times for an FMCG client. Data cleansing, exploratory data analysis, descriptive statistics, and data visualization techniques were used to suggest changes to the order entry, payment and distribution models resulting in a potential improvement of 50% in cycle time while reducing operational costs.
- Worked at a data science and machine learning startup where I built a neural network model in R for predictive analytics for chaotic time-series data from industrial IoT sensors with the goal of reducing downtime and maintenance costs. Contributed to business development opportunities. Introduced the concept of product release schedule and agile project management techniques to the team.
CTO and Co-founder2018 - 2019Lima Payments
- Streamlined IT infrastructure, processes, and resources to get the most value for money.
- Introduced Agile project management with a Kanban board on Trello and got the team into a rhythm of bi-weekly deployments.
- Introduced best practices with respect to coding, code management, and deployments for our mobile and web app. Tech stack: Python, Android, AWS.
- Developed a detailed 5-year budget forecast for IT resources, services, and infrastructure.
- Helped create an investor's pitch and represented the company to various investors and accelerator programs.
Director/Division Manager, Information Technology2007 - 2013Rotary International
- Led the Agile transformation of the organization along with associated restructuring. This resulted in a significant increase in the number and size of enterprise projects delivered with much-improved client satisfaction.
- Led the establishment of an offshore captive development center in India in 2007 and successfully managed this relationship over the years. This resulted in a significant increase in the number of projects and support delivered within the same budget.
- Managed a team of 11 project managers as the interim PMO, promoted the concept of product ownership, was responsible for the creation of and management of project portfolio budget and established a data-based project portfolio dashboard for the steering committee. These steps led to increased visibility and trust which allowed the establishment of an IT strategic plan to dovetail with the organization's strategic plan.
Enterprise Applications Division Manager, PeopleSoft Systems Division Manager, PeopleSoft Systems Engineer1999 - 2006Rotary International
- Oversaw an organization restructuring.
- Headed several large enterprise projects which were transformational in nature.
- Implemented, supported, customized, and performed upgrades on all the major PeopleSoft financials applications.