Verified Expert in Project Management
With more than 15 years of experience as a seasoned technical project manager, tech leader, and agile coach, Vinod has managed projects end to end (including tech/product roadmaps) to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and business revenue. An expert in coordinating diverse teams and resources to complete objectives, Vinod has worked with startups, SMBs, and large corporations focused on developing web and mobile products for global customers.
Consultant | Technical Project Manager | Agile Coach
- Served as a technical project manager,Agile coach, and Technology adviser.
- Led requirements elicitation and elaborate discovery phases to identify and list out key product features, managed and prioritized backlogs, conducted Scrum ceremonies, supervised and motivated teams, provided direction, and built product and technology road maps.
- Estimated the amount work to be done including staffing and resourcing plans, tracking and monitoring of subtasks, solved problems, and mentored multiple teams to provide solutions.
- Led implementation of Jira and Confluence across the organization.
- Served as program manager for the initial beta and subsequent releases of companies MVP offering, liaising with customers and all relevant stakeholders.
Technical Project Manager | Agile Coach
Wibmo Mobile Payments
- Set up and managed the PMO (project management office).
- Managed digital online payment wallet products for large banks. One of the key products was PayZapp which is available in the App Store and Play Store with more than 10 million downloads.
- Liaised between the business stakeholders and Scrum team to deliver 15 key features to market over a span of six months in a B2C environment driving customer acquisition by 100%.
- Worked closely with founders, CEO, and CTO to advise and jointly set product and technical direction for the company. Served as the point of contact interfacing between C-level business stakeholders and architects/engineering directors.
- Implemented Scrum and other Lean practices including Kanban and XP across projects and teams.
- Led an organization-wide implementation of Jira as the tool of choice.
- Contributed to the requirements elicitation and elaborate discovery phases to identify and list out key product features, managed and prioritized backlogs, conducted Scrum ceremonies, supervised and motivated teams, provided direction, and built product and technology roadmaps.
- Provided technical oversight and setup; also implemented key tools and processes like Jira.
Entrepreneur | Consultant
- Worked closely with CEOs, CTOs, CMOs, and other top managers to understand, elicit, and create a clear strategic road-map for corporate products, processes, tools, and technologies.
- Helped to identify, interview, recruit, and build strong teams, setup appropriate tools, and processes, and managed the delivery of projects end to end (based on identified roadmaps).
- Contributed to requirements elicitation and elaborate discovery phases to identify and list out key product features, managed and prioritized backlogs, conducted Scrum ceremonies, supervised and motivated teams, provided direction, and built product and technology roadmaps.
- Provided technical oversight and setup; also implemented key tools and processes.
- Worked as an Agile coach for multiple projects across multiple companies—setting up Agile teams and managing sprint planning, reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Owned and managed development schedules to solution a web-based customer interaction rating system and other eCommerce, B2B, B2C, web-related solutions.
- Managed and implemented Jira and Confluence across the organization working as a Jira administrator; also helped institutionalize Slack.
- Set up and managed offshore development centers working with multiple outsourced vendors and managing remote teams.
- Used Agile, Waterfall, prototyping, and hybrid models to suit project delivery.
- Managed, built, and deployed a web and mobile-based online interviewing system, website for an airport, HR portal for recruitment, travel portal, websites for many other businesses using various content management systems.
Director Technology | Project Manager
- Oversaw the delivery of multiple web projects for global clients like Amazon, Lenovo, and Samsung.
- Managed the project of a brand monitoring platform for a US-based customer end to end.
- Set up and mentored technical teams and managed stakeholders.
- Automated organizations' billing processes—improving on-time billing and accuracy by 30%.
- Improved customer satisfaction by implementing go-to-green processes through controlled and improved delivery, open reporting, and transparency on troubled accounts.
- Built and successfully managed an offshore development team of 12 members including developers, designers, and testers.
- Implemented and managed using analytics tools like Google Analytics, Klipfolio, and QlikView.
Consultant | Delivery Manager | Technical Project Manager
- Worked with customers on business strategy, technology roadmap, and product visions.
- Created technology solutions and handled the process implementation for customers.
- Interviewed, recruited, and built strong teams for multiple customers.
- Helped independently setup and manage offshore development centers.
- Established a sales enablement vertical to support presales work, complete with proposal authors, creatives teams, innovative hubs to manage client visits. Used my expertise on proposals, RFI, and RFPs.
Group Manager | Technical Project Manager | Technology Consultant
iGate Global Solutions
- Oversaw and was responsible for the management of multiple projects running out of North America for domains covering energy, banking, and retail.
- Worked with key customers to plan and execute their projects. These customers included Nordstrom Retail, Transmontaigne Energy, Royal Bank of Canada, and CNH Industries, Expedia.
- Served as a certified audit team member for an SEI CMM Level 4 certification.
- Managed multiple teams and projects as part of a web development initiative.
- Supported presales teams working on RFPs and proposals.
PayZapp Digital Payments App and eWallet
Led digital transformation for a major bank's eWallet initiative and managed the key features like QR scanning and UPI.
Role: Agile Project Manager
• Rolled out of critical features right from the start, including wallet management, money upload/transfer, QR scan feature, unified payment interface (UPI), IMPS, and P2P.
• Managed API-based merchant integrations.
• Played a key liaison role in the integration and support for Visa, Mastercard, and RuPay.
• Provided direction and removed impediments to ensure smooth on-time delivery of releases.
It has more than 10 million downloads in the Play Store.
Digital Marketing Projectshttps://www.position2.com/
Built and managed a technical team of 15 members in the delivery of all web projects, IT, and customer management.
Role: Head of Technology
Technologies: WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, DotNetNuke, PHP, CodeIgniter, Zend, Bugzilla, Jira, CVS, Git
UniPAY Next POS Application
Streamlined operations/processes, roadmap building, and management for effective market releases and customer satisfaction.
• The USP needed to support multiple banks through a single bank terminal interface.
• Implemented new features supporting contactless and QR code-based payments.
• Reporting was accomplished with the use of Pentaho and customs software
Web-based Brand Rating System
Oversaw and managed the product (end to end), program, technical oversight, and design discussions in an Agile environment.
• Identified multiple sources of conversations happening about a specific brand or company including market research inputs, social media conversations, customer ratings, website views and more.
• Evaluated and rated the brand on a specific scale.
• Collected data, collated it, and produced meaningful insights.
• Inserted automation scripts wherever possible.
• Integrated data across APIs, JSON, XML, flat files, and multiple other data sources.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
Symbiosis Institute of Management - Pune, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Bangalore Institute of Technology - Bangalore, India
Certified Scrum Master
International Scrum Institute™
CMM Audit Team Member
Software Engineering Institute