Afonso de Sá Delgado Neto
Verified Expert in Engineering
Afonso is a software engineer with 3+ years of experience developing end-to-end back-end services. With solid skills in cryptography and machine learning, he has also performed complex data analysis in big data scenarios. Afonso brings a challenge-driven mindset, strong focus, and curiosity to solving real-world problems, using the best practices available.
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), IntelliJ, PyCharm, Jupyter, Git
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a back-end service that performs street address matching in a fully anonymized manner for 1,000 requests per second.
- Participated in the early stages of the anonymization team, engaging in R&D to align the company's products to a privacy-oriented vision.
- Intensively studied state-of-the-art themes on privacy, such as probabilistic data structures, homomorphic encryption, private information retrieval, and differential privacy.
- Collaborated in the development of a probabilistic data structure for analyzing data with no need to deal with the raw information of a user's location. This was used by all data analytics teams in the company.
- Developed and deployed a private match service, providing address validation of users without knowing their location, which received up to 1,000 requests per second. It was written in Java using the Micronaut framework.
- Assisted in the development and enhancement of the company's main product: private, continuous authentication based on a user's location. I performed data analysis and defined new algorithms and solutions.
- Took part on the task force to provide insights based on geolocation data to help local Brazilian authorities deal with the COVID-19 crisis.
- Developed the back end and front end of an internally deployed mobile app (in React Native) to test the company's product in a straightforward manner.
- Created and deployed a machine learning model used by the company's main product to detect fraudulent mobile transactions.
- Wrote study materials and conducted 30+ study groups covering abstract algebra, cryptography, machine learning, fraud detection, and MLOps.
Developer and Researcher
Asa Branca Rocket Design (Internship)
- Developed a framework for interaction between an Arduino device and the V-REP simulator in order to allow the simulation of the control system of a CubeSat, using C++ and Python.
- Collaborated with the drone branch team that specified hardware, mounted, and programmed the drones, using C++.
- Developed the software side of a hardware test platform for tuning control parameters to improve stability of drones, using C++ and Python.
Neural Network for Recognizing Chess Pieceshttps://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8921043
Privacy-oriented Data Structure: MinCodeSamplehttps://bit.ly/3dCjtE4
Jupyter, IntelliJ, PyCharm, Git, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Amazon EKS
Cryptography, Abstract Algebra, Machine Learning, Data Structures, Statistics, Embedded Systems, Drones, Image Recognition, Algorithms, HyperLogLog, Differential Privacy, Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Data Privacy, APIs, Amazon RDS
Spark, React Native, LightGBM
Node.js, Keras, React, TensorFlow, REST APIs
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Docker, Arduino, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, Amazon EC2
PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE) - Recife, Brazil
Deep Learning Specialization