Ruby Developer in Islamabad, Islamabad Capital Territory, Pakistan
Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTKeepTruckin
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Salesforce, Salesforce Integration with Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Amazon Web Services, Zuora Integrations
- Developed APIs and data models to support core product features.
- Built internal tools to streamline support and analytics processes.
- Created monitoring infrastructure for the KeepTruckin platform and report issues.
- Integrated the KeepTruckin platform with Salesforce and Zuora.
- Created a partner portal which allows KeepTruckin's partner to resell the product to different companies.
Chatbot Messenger Automation Platform2017 - 2017Code Nero (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Facebook Graph API, AWS
- Created a chatbot platform using Facebook Graph and Messenger APIs.
- Used Ruby on Rails for the back-end.
- Integrated payments via Stripe.
- Used Facebook Graph API and Messenger API to send automated messages to customers.
- Used Active Admin for Admin Panel.
Co-founder and Technical Lead2015 - 2016Rabbit Drop
- Developed the web and mobile application for this platform.
- Managed a team of two developers and six interns.
- Deployed and maintained the production app on Digital Ocean.
- Developed a RESTful API for the system to be consumed by other applications, including Android apps.
- Used the open source Spree gem for cart system implementation.
- Integrated third-party APIs like Google Analytics, Slack, and Twilio.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015I2c, Inc.
- Integrated APIs in major modules of Cholder 3.0.
- Performed testing of different applications of the MCP (My Card Place) platform.
- Analyzed requirements.
- Prepared an end-to-end sheet of test cases for data-driven testing.
- Performed UI testing, unit testing, black box testing, white box testing, and regression testing on various applications.
- Rabbit Drop (Development)
Designed and developed the Rabbit Drop eCommerce website.
- Rabbit Drop REST APIs (Development)
Designed and developed REST APIs for the Rabbit Drop eCommerce web app. These APIs were consumed by the mobile apps.
- Virtual Clinic (Development)
Web application software for telemedicine, developed according to the requirements of Shifa Foundation Pakistan, which provides healthcare at a distance in real-time, The main tools used were Web2Py, which is a Python-based MVC framework used for server side implementation and the EHR (Electronic Health Record), and WebRTC, which is an API used for real-time communication.
- Clustering Tweets by Journalists Using MATLAB (Development)
Twitter analysis of journalists of two nationalities over a particular time span to identify the most discussed topics during said time span.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (Other amazing things)
Successfully Completed the Microsoft Technology Associate certification in Software Development Fundamentals
- Generating Similar Melodies using Elemen Neural Network. (Development)
This application uses the concept of artificial intelligence called neural networks to generate melodies similar to the melody provided. The type of neural network used is Elman Neural network. This application gets a few nodes of melody, and then it is trained with the melody provided, after which it generates its own melodies similar to the one provided.
Contribution: Development, design, requirements analysis, research, documenting, and testing
- KeepTruckin Back-end APIs (Development)
Created both public and internal APIs for the KeepTruckin platform.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3+, Factory Girl, Grape, Machine Learning, Apache Struts 2
Libraries/APIsRuby on Rails API, Web API, Google Drive API, Devise, Redis Queue, jQuery, REST APIs, Google Analytics API, Twitter API, LinkedIn API, Slack API, WebRTC, Google Maps API, Facebook API, Salesforce REST API, Rollbar, Mandrill API, UPS API, ActiveRecord, Twilio API, Scikit-learn, Facebook Messenger API, Facebook Open Graph API, Facebook SDK
ToolsGoogle Analytics, Trello, SemaphoreCI, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jira, Slack, Atlassian Confluence, Atlassian Suite, Google Docs, Git, Nginx, Capistrano, Postman, Eclipse IDE, RubyMine, Sublime Text 3, InVision, AWS SDK
ParadigmsBack-end Architecture, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Modular Development, Agile, Agile Software Development, REST, Database Design, Continuous Deployment, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsDigitalOcean, Google App Engine, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PC, Ubuntu, Web, Linux, Heroku, Android, Messenger Bots, Mandrill, Azure
StorageJSON, Redis, Redshift, MySQL, AWS S3, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Database Architecture, MongoDB
OtherAlgorithms, Full-stack, APIs, Solution Design, Data Mining, Software, Web Performance, Ajax, Version Control, Email, Documentation, Software Development, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Data, Data Architecture, Slackbot, Web Back-end, Google, Project Management, Technical Leadership, Back-end Development, Integration Testing, Integrations, Web App Deployment, Authentication, Communication, ActiveAdmin, Data Structures, Software Design, Ruby Gems, RESTful APIs, Zuora, Back-end, Apps, System Architecture Design, Single-page Applications (SPA), eCommerce, Google Play Store, Puma, Email Templates, Competitive Programming, Chatbots, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Warehouse
- Bachelor's degree in Computer System Engineering2010 - 2014GIK Institute - Pakistan