Verified Expert in Engineering
Android and Flutter Developer
Aleks is an energetic and curiosity-driven Android and Flutter developer with 5+ years of experience writing top-quality clean code for high-paced businesses. In previous roles, he has worked on the Estonian COVID-19 tracking app with 100,000+ downloads and the Itella Estonian post-office application, which helps users process millions of parcels a year. Aleks is also an instructor at Udemy, teaching advanced Android development, and he loves creating beautiful applications that scale.
Android Studio, Android SDK, Flutter, Firebase, APIs, SQLite, Material Design, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Dependency Injection
The most amazing...
...and challenging solution I've built is Itella SmartApp, an Android-based application couriers use to deliver millions of parcels every year.
- Helped refactor the existing app in a more testable and scalable way.
- Contributed to setting up the foundations for the team, including Jira, design and release processes, and software development best practices.
- Hosted weekly knowledge-sharing sessions for the whole company focused on the newest and most significant trends in mobile development.
Android and Flutter Developer
- Developed an application for one of the Estonian postal providers, Itella. The app deals with parcels to be delivered to addresses or smart lockers.
- Helped develop Estonia's COVID-19 contact tracing application used across the country for a given period.
- Contributed to developing about 20 other applications.
- Received the newcomer of the year recognition when I joined the company.
- Won the company's most challenging project four years in a row, which led me to be recruited for additional technical projects the company put in place.
- Played a key role in Flutter projects as one of the first people in the company to work with Flutter.
- Created a new company app called Timbeter Container.
- Built tests for the company's applications using JUnit and Espresso testing frameworks.
- Handled all Crashlytics data and managed all application releases using the Google Play store.
I was the sole developer of this project and made it in my free time.
Comodule White-label Applicationhttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.comodule.super
The application has Bluetooth and theming as its core products. It provides information about the user's IoT module and allows quick theming according to the client's needs to fit their brand.
Glia Widgets SDKhttps://www.mooncascade.com/our-work/glia
Glia specializes in helpdesk software, and they wanted an out-of-the-box product their customers could easily integrate into their existing Android apps. The solution was a white-label product that could be added to the client's app as a library, only needing to be styled through some parameters to get a beautiful working helpdesk area in their app.
I took responsibility for building the app according to the client's requirements and figuring out all the technical elements involved.
Elisa Store Demo Applications
I've created these Android applications alongside a design and a back-end team.
I was the Android developer in a team of machine learning and back-end developers.
The application was built for performance and handling significant amounts of data using the device's camera or a Bluetooth barcode scanner to scan barcodes. It used Bluetooth to also connect to an Ingenico payment terminal so that couriers could accept bank payments at a client's doorstep.
The app used the Android Room library to help maintain the app's local database, although many SQL queries were still built from scratch. It was also heavily focused on offline caching, so a huge system was created for that. The whole application was constantly getting unit tests and Espresso screen tests.
I was the Android developer in a team of back-end developers, designers, and project managers. It is probably the most amazing app I have built yet in terms of complexity. It can't be shown externally, as it is an in-house project.
Java 8, Kotlin, Dart, Java, C, XML
Android SDK, Flutter, JUnit, Espresso Testing Framework, Core Bluetooth, Scandit, Swagger, WebApp, Dagger 2
REST APIs, Camera API, Google Maps, RxJava 2, Bitbucket API, Slack API, GitHub API, RxJava
Android Studio, Android Jetpack, Jira, Figma, Android NDK, Trello, Firebase Test Lab, Firebase Authentication, Gradle, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Crashlytics
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Dependency Injection, Model View Presenter (MVP), Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Model View Intent (MVI), Load Testing
Firebase, Android, Bluetooth LE, Bitrise, Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Raspberry Pi, Twilio, Android TV, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
SQLite, Cloud Firestore, MySQL, Realm
APIs, Material Design, Google Play Store, CI/CD Pipelines, Ingenico, RFID, Linear Algebra, Bluetooth Beacons, Mobile GPS, Speech to Text, SDKs, Espresso, Bluetooth, GPS, Team Management, Knowledge Sharing, UI Animation, Automated UI Testing, Firebase Hosting, Algorithms, Pipelines, Coroutines
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems and Networks
TalTech – Tallinn University of Technology - Tallinn, Estonia