- Set up the architecture for the project and system development.
- Implemented 2 AngularJS applications (main and administration).
- Implemented the REST API on Node.js.
- Set up the build and Heroku deployment.
- Set up supporting services/infrastructure: Mandrill, MailChimp, Papertrail, SSL, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, and more.
- Set up the architecture for EMnify administration application.
- Defined and tooled a RESTful API for documentation generation.
- Developed a seed front-end project based on AngularJS, REST Angular, Karma, and Protractor.
- Developed a seed mock/sandbox back-end based on Node.js/Express.
- CEO2011 - 2014SmartRM
Technologies: Java, C++, Qt, Ruby on Rails, Spring, MuleESB
- Managed the company and product requirements.
- Defined the system architecture and APIs. Built Win and Mac clients from the same code base.
- Defined development, release, and deployment workflows and a continuous integration environment.
- Developed the product/company website.
- Developed several application components, both front-end and back-end.
- Assisted team members in troubleshooting.
- Co-founder1996 - 2011Sinapsi
Technologies: Java, Oracle, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Maven, Jenkins
- Co-founded and managed the company and its Croatian branch.
- Handled client-facing tasks, from requirement gathering to delivery.
- Managed the team. Defined best practices and processes.
- Defined system architectures and performed software selection.
- Handled project management, planning, and issue tracking.
- Developed critical project components, mainly in Java.
- Designed databases for developed applications.
- Worked on various projects, mainly in banking, pharmaceutical industries, logistics, and eCommerce.
- Developer, Team Lead2007 - 2009Novartis (via Sinapsi)
Technologies: Java, Struts, Hibernate, jBPM, Interwoven, Confluence, WebLogic
- Developed several intranet application for a pharmaceutical client.
- Developed an application for CRA (Clinical Research Assistant) monitoring.
- Developed an application for event / congress management. Implemented it as a cross-business unit application that formalized an otherwise unstructured process.
- Developed a BPM application for the approval process of promotional materials (i.e. brochures).
- Managed the team and client-facing tasks.
- Team Lead, Developer2002 - 2005Data Management (via Sinapsi)
Technologies: Java, Hibernate, Struts, JSP
- Ported 3 portfolio products for a software vendor specializing in HR solutions from C++/Visual Basic/Cobol to a web/Java platform.
- Developed and ported a traveling expenses management application.
- Developed and ported a HR resource management application.
- Developed and ported an annual tax declaration application.
- Developed parsers and executors for custom queries and DSL languages.
- Managed team and client-facing tasks.
- Developer1988 - 1996Previous Employments
Technologies: C++, Win32, Lisp, Kee, G2, C, ABB Process control systems
- Developed a RAD framework and accounting application based on the framework for Emporion (1994-1996, C++, Win32).
- Developing an expert system for oil plant diagnostics and image and signal processing for Agip/ENI Expert Systems Lab (1992-1994, Lisp, Kee, G2, C).
- Worked in CEFRIEL's AI Lab on a research grant (1991-1992, Lisp, Kee).
- Developed and commissioned an automation system for R. Koncar, a steel rolling mill plant (1988-1990, ABB Process control systems).